• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sheffield United Win

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Saka
Torreira Xhaka
Nelson Özil Pepe
Lacazette

Lacazette has a good record at home. Need him now. Would also like Pepe to grab a goal- I feel like he’s in good form now and is getting more and more confident with each game.

Going for a 1-0 win. Sheffield Utd were awful away to Liverpool and there’s no chance they’re gonna rock up here in a similar vein. It’s up to us to make them look like what they are- an ordinary team.

We’re gonna have a good spell in the game where we play in their half- need to punish them when we get the opportunity.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Is there actually though? There’s so many decent alternatives to traditional food sources now.
I don't know :lol:

TBH I just haven't been very impressed with the guy since like, late 2016. He did improve in Emery's first few months to be fair, but then bam...

He also seemed to lose a chunk of his speed a few years ago.

CJJ

Established Member
We should just sell him. There is absolutely a link between veganism and poor fitness/strength/recovery. Someone posted an article yesterday.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12534-009-0017-y
https://new.hindawi.com/journals/cric/2014/317246/
Abstract quotes:
"An increasing number of athletes have adopted vegetarian diets for one or more reasons and actually there is no available evidence to support either a beneficial or a detrimental effect of a vegetarian diet on sport performance."

"This case demonstrates that even top-class sporting performance, like that of a three-time Ironman, is possible on a vegan diet. Whether a vegan diet offers advantages or disadvantages for the performance of endurance athletes remains an open question."

But honestly. I don't intend to make this into a vegan debate, but there is definitely no "absolute link"

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would play the following eleven if Torreira is not fit.
Leno
AMN
Luiz
Sokratis
Kolasinac
Xhaka
Ceballos
Özil
Pepe
Lacazette
Martinelli

We could do with some extra creativity from deep in the mould of Ceballos who can play that role.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think the lineup kinda picks itself considering our injuries. Anyways, we are at home and should win this. I feel Arteta will have the boys ready for it. 3-1 Arsenal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ve been surprised how well Sheffield Utd have kept up their off the ball movement and pressing systems.

I thought they’d fade away a little but they seem to have gone from strength to strength. Been in every game they’ve played this year, City away was possibly the only time they’ve been hammered.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’ve been surprised how well Sheffield Utd have kept up their off the ball movement and pressing systems.

I thought they’d fade away a little but they seem to have gone from strength to strength. Been in every game they’ve played this year, City away was possibly the only time they’ve been hammered.

Very impressed with Sheffield United too, deserve to be where they are.

Kinda annoyed that these days football seems to be all about “pressing”, “work rate” and “running” though...any useless **** can do these, I want to see things on the pitch I can’t do.

Who cares about all these useless forms of basically exercising...football should be about the artistry, the technique...the mavericks that get you out of your chair...

tenor.gif

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Very impressed with Sheffield United too, deserve to be where they are.

Kinda annoyed that these days football seems to be all about “pressing”, “work rate” and “running” though...any useless **** can do these, I want to see things on the pitch I can’t do.

Who cares about all these useless forms of basically exercising...football should be about the artistry, the technique...the mavericks that get you out of your chair...

tenor.gif
Totally agree, it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom