• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Layvin Kurzawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do think that players attitudes are a reaction to their environment. Get him away from "The Neymar Show" dressing room and maybe he can rediscover his Monaco form.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not pleased at all at this Kurzawa rumor. As some mentioned, PSG has been trying to off load him for years now. He is totally overrated and not good enough for Arsenal. Kurzawa remind me of a poor man Kieran Gibbs.
I am reading in the french press that this deal is being pushed by the super agent Kia Joorabchian (apparently Edu's agent and buddy) and Raul's friend). This dude is becoming more influential in Arsenal business.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not pleased at all at this Kurzawa rumor. As some mentioned, PSG has been trying to off load him for years now. He is totally overrated and not good enough for Arsenal. Kurzawa remind me of a poor man Kieran Gibbs.
I am reading in the french press that this deal is being pushed by the super agent Kia Joorabchian (apparently Edu's agent and buddy) and Raul's friend). This dude is becoming more influential in Arsenal business.

We should resign Gibbo if it's just for cover purposes

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but Arsenal is always ravaged by injuries every season, whos smart idea was to buy a player who was already injured? We literally bought him while he was injured and he was out for over 3 months, just to get injured again.

Even Ornstein was reporting on the shoulder injury before it happened. ‘Footballers get injured’ isn’t good enough when you buy injury prone players who are already injured when you’re buying them.

I’m not ok with going into the season with both our first choice fullbacks being injured, we really need to stop buying injury prone players.

Yeah durability is an important quality we often overlook.. Doesn’t matter how good you are if you are not available most of the time.. Relying on injury prone players has cost us a lot over the years..

People are kidding themselves if they are not worried about Tierney’s injury problems.. major red flag before we bought him was just that and we have seen nothing to ease that worry since..

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
He's put up a tweet about signing for a UK sports agency so either that's a coincidence or this one is pretty much done.

Kysus

I don't quite get this. I would understand a Rb who can cover LB if we want AMN to move into cm but 3 senior Lbs? wtf?
We have 2 senior AMF for 3 positions, one of them 31 and soon out of the club and one still adjusting to the league.
Even without injuries we are clearly lacking a little bit in attack and we need to address this in the summer. But we can't if we have 10 fullbacks on our wagelist ffs

We are not doing any squad building. We are just signing trash because agent is squeezing Raul's balls so hard he can't say no. But luckily Arsenal fans buy into any player we sign these days being best player in the world in his position so Edu and Raul don't feel any pressure at all.

Malky

Established Member
We are not doing any squad building. We are just signing trash because agent is squeezing Raul's balls so hard he can't say no. But luckily Arsenal fans buy into any player we sign these days being best player in the world in his position so Edu and Raul don't feel any pressure at all.
We're signing a back-up LB with the likely intention of shifting Kola in the summer for a decent fee and getting his £100K+ a week wage off the books. We're desperately short on full backs so what's the alternative here? The season is a right off anyway, might aswel begin planning for next season - Tierney as first choice with Kurzawa as back-up playing a few league games or cup competitions isn't exactly a bad thing, especially if it allows us to shift Kola for a decent fee to sign a top class CB or CM with the funds.

Malky

Established Member
I don't quite get this. I would understand a Rb who can cover LB if we want AMN to move into cm but 3 senior Lbs? wtf?
We have 2 senior AMF for 3 positions, one of them 31 and soon out of the club and one still adjusting to the league.
Even without injuries we are clearly lacking a little bit in attack and we need to address this in the summer. But we can't if we have 10 fullbacks on our wagelist ffs
What's not to get? Tierney is out until March, Kola is having his own injury issues but there's been some interest in him from other clubs so he'll likely be moved on in the summer as the club can't have a back-up LB on £100K+ a week! Plus if we get £20M for him it'll likely go towards a top class CB or CM.
People are getting seriously wound up over us signing a back-up LB.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
What's not to get? Tierney is out until March, Kola is having his own injury issues but there's been some interest in him from other clubs so he'll likely be moved on in the summer as the club can't have a back-up LB on £100K+ a week! Plus if we get £20M for him it'll likely go towards a top class CB or CM.
People are getting seriously wound up over us signing a back-up LB.

Why can't we have a back up LB on 100k a week? We didn't pay a fee for him.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
It would be fine if kola could stay fit but for a long time now it seems like he'll play a game or two and then miss the same amount. Repeat throughout the season.

Malky

Established Member
Why can't we have a back up LB on 100k a week? We didn't pay a fee for him.
Because it's not sustainable for a club that's restricted financially - we're not Man City. If we don't rush Tierney back and get him fit for next season and he avoids any freak injury's like his dislocated shoulder then the only games Kola will play is the occasional league game or the cup comps. Is that really worth the £6M+ a year we'll be paying him? Kola isn't even versatile where he could cover RB or even CB like Monreal did, or AMN playing RB or CM. We could sell him for around £15-20M and use that and his wage towards the CB or CM this team is badly needing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but Arsenal is always ravaged by injuries every season, whos smart idea was to buy a player who was already injured? We literally bought him while he was injured and he was out for over 3 months, just to get injured again.

Even Ornstein was reporting on the shoulder injury before it happened. ‘Footballers get injured’ isn’t good enough when you buy injury prone players who are already injured when you’re buying them.

I’m not ok with going into the season with both our first choice fullbacks being injured, we really need to stop buying injury prone players.
We wanted the guy but he just happened to be recovering form injury at the time. He's then had a freak injury that could have happened to anybody.

Tierney wasn't bought as a stop-gap, he was bought as our potential leftback for the next ten years. Him recovering from injury at the time we bought him isn't stupid imo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We're signing a back-up LB with the likely intention of shifting Kola in the summer for a decent fee and getting his £100K+ a week wage off the books. We're desperately short on full backs so what's the alternative here? The season is a right off anyway, might aswel begin planning for next season - Tierney as first choice with Kurzawa as back-up playing a few league games or cup competitions isn't exactly a bad thing, especially if it allows us to shift Kola for a decent fee to sign a top class CB or CM with the funds.
I don't think logic works on here sometimes. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
WTF!

I thought we've finally got rid of Ivan.

Seems his ghost is still very much around

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Kolasinac is coming up to the renew or sell summer with his deal up in 2022. It must be a hard contract to renew unless player willing to take a pay cut. No longer as hyped up & none of the free transfer benefits.

The comments from Arteta yesterday emphasized the importance of actual fullbacks.. If Kola off we cant afford just a back up with Tierney next season... Maybe freak injuries but 20 league games last year & just 5 this season cant be depended on.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
We wanted the guy but he just happened to be recovering form injury at the time. He's then had a freak injury that could have happened to anybody.

Tierney wasn't bought as a stop-gap, he was bought as our potential leftback for the next ten years. Him recovering from injury at the time we bought him isn't stupid imo.

Wasn't it the case that he had shoulder problems up at Celtic? Could be an ongoing problem if the potential is there for him to get hurt anytime he lands awkwardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom