• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Wilshere is a special case though. The hype was justified. He wasn't just an English youngster with any kind of technical ability, his technical ability was truly impressive.

I think it'd be very harsh to put Wilshere in the group of youngsters who got caught up in their own hype and stopped working. He spent huge portions of his developmental years fighting injuries, being out for more than a year right after that great 10-11 campaign surely stunted his development. He never played another season with the same level of frequency.

Despite the stunted development, he was absolutely class for us whenever he was healthy until that broken fibula did him in entirely.
I've lost track of his injuries. Which game did he do his fibula in?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Over the course of the 38 game season Santi was much more comfortable on the ball in tight and sticky situations and Xhaka is terrible at it, I don’t understand how that’s even a debate
It's not. :confused:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Funny how this thread about an average player turned into a discussion about players that were actually good or great.
Same thing happened in the Özil thread.

Discredit (even disingenuously) a really good player from our past, like Cesc in the case of that thread, and it’s supposed to make things look a bit rosier for the current player. One of quite a few interesting little go-to defences. You can still genuinely think the player you’re discrediting is fantastic, but you’ll sacrifice a small part of your pride and memory of that player to defend the current player and a position.

I’m too good for AM you know :facepalm:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Please sticky this.
Sticky it in your clart. No one man can take on a team, but some will get further than others. Like at school when you had one man come and try take the ball off you and, then 2, 3, 4 man, and they still can’t get the ball. But 6, 7 man hacking away at your ankles and you may lose the ball.

Edit: I ‘low you coz you liked an explanatory post earlier which means you understand.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If Xhaka had a prime Purple patch Coquelin he'd look twice the player Santi was.

You are critiqing Xhaka for not being Santi when for large parts of His career here he has been forced and expected to do both Santi AND Coqs job ffs

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cazorla, a great footballer in terms of skill and ability but probably the most overrated player of the last 10 years at Arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cazorla was probably the most underrated CM in world football
Of course he was. I must have plucked out of thin air all those debates around us being overrun in midfield and him being a passenger, when he played there.

You would think he had a Bergkamp influence the way people go on about him today.

Kysus

Of course he was. I must have plucked out of thin air all those debates around us being overrun in midfield and him being a passenger, when he played there.

You would think he had a Bergkamp influence the way people go on about him today.
football is a team sport.
If you leave players isolated they struggle, even if they are as elite as cazorla was.

That's why xhaka taking the fall for our super imbalanced, unorganized "team" that left him stranded on an island for years was ridiculous.
Same happened with Mertesacker, Luiz and many more.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Had we bought a top striker in summer 2015, Caz-Coq would have been a league winning midfield too ;)

One day we’re gonna have to make a difnitive list of all the ifs buts and maybes Arsenal fans have of not winning the league. I swear there has to be at least 50, I always hear of new ones.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Same thing happened in the Özil thread.

Discredit (even disingenuously) a really good player from our past, like Cesc in the case of that thread, and it’s supposed to make things look a bit rosier for the current player. One of quite a few interesting little go-to defences. You can still genuinely think the player you’re discrediting is fantastic, but you’ll sacrifice a small part of your pride and memory of that player to defend the current player and a position.

I’m too good for AM you know :facepalm:
I knew it. I knew you were banging that drum so hard because you though it was an attempt to boost Özil.

Even though I explicitly made it clear that my views were nothing to do with Özil. Smh. Waste yute.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Cazorla being called a battle machine.

I’ve seen it all.

You see why I get frustrated at times with how Arsenal fan rate players. If these players were as good as we say we would be champions multiple times. And i love Cazorla!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom