• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
You see why I get frustrated at times with how Arsenal fan rate players. If these players were as good as we say we would be champions multiple times. And i love Cazorla!
Point is, Cazorla was good enough to be part of the Premier League winning team. Okay he wasn’t a ‘battle machine’ by any description other than he tried as hard as the next man, but he wasn’t holding us back like most of the other overrated gash. It’s when our key players are overrated—that’s when things should become confusing for some fans because to rate certain ‘key’ players in key positions over a period and then moan about how crap we are... Well the ingredients make the cake.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I knew it. I knew you were banging that drum so hard because you though it was an attempt to boost Özil.

Even though I explicitly made it clear that my views were nothing to do with Özil. Smh. Waste yute.
Ha ha, I had no idea you posted something I alluded to in that thread, but when you throw a smoke bomb in a crackhouse man come running out.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Even if you don't buy Cazorla's record as an Arsenal player as a proof of his status as a top midfielder, just look at what he did for Villarreal and Malaga, as well as Spanish national team. You don't get 81 caps and 15 goals for a national team that dominated world football during your prime years without being a top class midfielder. Guy's still good enough to get into the national team at the age of 35 after being ravaged with near career-ending injuries.

He's just one of those class talents we've had that had their prowess wasted because the team was lacking in other departments.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Santi- At the age of 35, the guy has scored 6 goals and 4 assists in just 13 starts and 3 sub appearances in La Liga this season. And people still consider him overrated. And there is nothing wrong in calling him a battle machine. People are looking at his physical appearance and assuming he is weak.
Santi was very good at sliding tackles and also beating the press. He was also athletic. Unlike Xhaka who looks like a bulldozer, moves around like a JCB and has mentality of a high school diva.

If you think one bad match is good enough to call a player bad, every player can be called bad. By that argument, Xhaka should have been demoted to a waterboy position long back.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Cazorla wasn’t athletic and good at slide tackles. Wtf is going on?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Santi was very good at sliding tackles and also beating the press. He was also athletic.

Yeah I wouldn't agree with that (aside from beating the press). Love Cazorla, but he wasn't much of a contributor defensively. He's the type of midfielder that needs defensive coverage behind him.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Guys who I rate normally battered Sp**s.

Cazorla was a top player but he struggled in CM, why we rewriting history? Or are some confusing his individual ability for CM performances?

Ran the show at cm in our last away win against a top six side back in 2015. What a performance he put in against city that day.

Kysus

Ffs physical appearance does not tell you the whole picture.
Cazorla, Arteta and Jack were physically "weak" but they were always ready for battle. You were not in for a pleasant evening against those guys.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Santi played a 10/10 game at the Etihad away in CM but let's keep pointing out that he was substituted vs Sp**s at home..

He was quality, we've played our best games in years with Santi in midfield.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Dreadful at times, if anything he has been worse under Arteta than Emery/Ljunberg after he got back into the team.

People only saying he has been good because he's looked secure being carried by our side.

Compare this **** to Torreira right now.....

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Dreadful at times, if anything he has been worse under Arteta than Emery/Ljunberg after he got back into the team.

People only saying he has been good because he's looked secure being carried by our side.

Compare this **** to Torreira right now.....

Literary had a goalline clearance, also lol.

Also did more offensivly today I thought to keep pressure up. Had some more dumb passes and one dumb foul as well though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Literary had a goalline clearance
Think back to why they got the corner for that goal line clearance, I'm not gonna bother explaining to you why.

Goal line clearances dont make you a good player, you can be an absolute **** all game and make a world class clearance. Maybe Xhaka should become a goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom