• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Ashybashy86

Needs two good wingers, RB, Xhaka replacement and 2 good CB. Can't do much with what he currently has. This is an expensive team riddled with average players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't do nothing when his team can't finish games off. The organization and off the ball positioning is much better than emery. The one thing clear is we have too many players are not Arsenal level.

LG10

Our defence has improved a bit but our attack is still toothless. Shifting Özil and lacazette out of the starting 11 next season should help this but not sure Arteta has really changed much so far. We’re getting similar results to emery.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah what we need is good investment. Plenty of teams manage to recruit well without spending crazy.

Not if you cant identify talent and actually bring them into an environment where there is less pressure and give them a chance to flourish.

At Arsenal and the so called big teams it's harder to bring through unrecognised talent now.

Soyunu had to wait 6 months until he got a break in the PL. Who is he partnered with? A highly experienced, solid defender in Evans. He has a tackling machine in Ndidi who was also identified and integrated into the team. A team which has proper structure and organisation. Which yields results.

At Arsenal the position we are in the club, fans and arguably the coaches dont have time to wait 2 or 3 years for players to come in adapt. You have a season and if you arent visibly good enough your dropped and left to pick up your fat cheque. We cant even sell these players later on because when they come to Arsenal they get worse. Its incredible.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There should be plenty of goals in Martinelli, Lacazette, Auba, Özil and Pepe, but atm our attack looks so bleak, it's an area we really need to improve on. Dare I say it's worse than our defence since Arteta took over?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

People are saying lots of investment needed.

We spent a lot in summer and it hasnt helped.

Firstly what top player is going to want to play for a club who has no European football nevermind Champions league football?

What players who could significantly improve us will come? Nobody. We either have to pay 50m for players like Dunk or Ake which is too much or have to try find the next best 18 year old and pay 20-25m. Who is completely unproven.

Dark times ahead lads. Cant stop supporting the club but time to find some other passion or interest as well.
We're still the Arsenal. Chelsea finished 10th in 15/16 and bought the likes of Kante, Luiz etc. and finished top four. Not everything is doom and gloom, bud. We have to rebuild and reinvest. Don't let one summer and the results that followed generalize any future activity.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We're still the Arsenal. Chelsea finished 10th in 15/16 and bought the likes of Kante, Luiz etc. and finished top four. Not everything is doom and gloom, bud. We have to rebuild and reinvest. Don't let one summer and the results that followed generalize any future activity.

I agree to an extent, but we need to be smart in the market yet we're trying to give an injury prone LB a 5 year contract and sign a 33 year old bum winger.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Chelsea's true position was never 10th. They were a top 4 squad who decided under Mou they didnt want to play. That's a big difference to us.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea's true position was never 10th. They were a top 4 squad who decided under Mou they didnt want to play. That's a big difference to us.
You could argue the same about this squad, deciding not to play for Emery. We've been unlucky with injuries. 90% of this squad was a lock for 3rd in April and found themselves in an EL final. What's the difference?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Not really. You only have to listen to interviews since Emery left to see the players were fed up with him. The first four months of this season is basically Chelsea under Mourinho in 2015/16. Chelsea never recovered in that season and neither will we.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You could argue the same about this squad, deciding not to play for Emery. We've been unlucky with injuries. 90% of this squad was a lock for 3rd in April and found themselves in an EL final. What's the difference?

So if we believe the first half of the season none of the player were playing for Emery and now they are busting a gut giving their all for Arteta how come results haven't improved?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

So if we believe the first half of the season none of the player were playing for Emery and now they are busting a gut giving their all for Arteta how come results haven't improved?
It takes time to implement a new philosophy and system. I also think Arteta has been incredibly unlucky in some of these games. Should have had a pen today, Mustafi being Mustafi and a ton of injuries. We have two makeshift fullbacks ffs and Lizzo leading the line.

This team clearly does not have the fitness levels to meet the demands of Arteta and the PL, reason why our injury sheet has been what it is and why we fall off a cliff at points in the games so far.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It takes time to implement a new philosophy and system. I also think Arteta has been incredibly unlucky in some of these games. Should have had a pen today, Mustafi being Mustafi and a ton of injuries. We have two makeshift fullbacks ffs and Lizzo leading the line.

This team clearly does not have the fitness levels to meet the demands of Arteta and the PL, reason why our injury sheet has been what it is and why we fall off a cliff at points in the games so far.

What I dont understand is how a team and club the size of Arsenal cant have the required fitness levels. That I dont buy. Maybe they cant press all match but neither could liverpool their first year. They looked shattered come march. What did they do. They changed and pressed in cycles. Maybe first 15 mins press like crazy try and nick a goal. Then next 15-20 control abit. Then maybe before half time another press.

No team presses or goes super gun ho for 90 minutes. It's all in waves.

Liverpool year on year identified good proven premier league players. They added them and then added one or players from other leagues.

We need to do the same. Hand me downs from PSG isnt what we need.

D

Dial Square 1886

We can make all the excuses we want, but fact is, squad as it stands is rank bad.

Arsenio Venger

What I dont understand is how a team and club the size of Arsenal cant have the required fitness levels. That I dont buy. Maybe they cant press all match but neither could liverpool their first year. What did they do. They pressed in cycles. Maybe first 15 mins press like crazy try and nick a goal. Then next 15-20 control abit. Then maybe before half time another press.

No team presses or goes super gun ho for 90 minutes. It's all in waves.

Liverpool year on year identified good proven premier league players. They added them and then added one or players from other leagues.

We need to do the same. Hand me downs from PSG isnt what we need.

tbf two of their most important ones came from other leagues (salah, firmino)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I think this mess is going to take much longer to sort out that a lot of you have patience for. Your attention spans have been irreversibly damaged by MTV, Video games, Twitter, Internet dating, Vines and TikTok

I’m in it for the long haul. Or at least until my Don Draper style drinking catches up with me.

Top Bottom