• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sheffield United Win

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The season was lost before Arteta took over, your opinion is not the be all and end all so say your bit and leave it at that , just because people including me disagree with you doesn’t make us wrong , I see a clear improvement under Arteta but that doesn’t mean we’ve become good, we’re just less **** now , say what you want about Sheffield Utd but there a far more stable side than us at the minute and difficult to beat, that’s just where we are as a team currently , never gonna happen overnight but no where near as bad as we were under emery

Whether the season was lost before Arteta doesnt mean that going forward results and performances shouldn't improve.

I wanted Arteta and I think he needs at least another 6 months to work with players however I call things as i see them. You see different from me that's ok but theres one common theme. When performance improve results improve. That is 100% fact in every walk of life. Whether that be productivity at work or 5 aside with your mates.

Results are not improving.

Sheffield United have players who earn modest salary and are so unattractive to the big clubs they probably feel quite fortunate to be in the position. Grateful even.

That's why they would run through a brick wall for the team and the manager. Who in our team would do that for the badge or manager. Nobody.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
2015/16 we were top of the league for clean sheets, now we've only got 1 more than Norwich who are bottom.
Yep, but Arteta has made clear improvements to our defensive cohesion. That's on the up, and that's with **** players back there.

The attack, however, is a mess in so many ways.

Ashybashy86

With the way we're being blatantly robbed of points, it wouldn't be hard to believe that the FA are doing the most to make sure S**** finish above us again.

Manberg

Predator
Whether the season was lost before Arteta doesnt mean that going forward results and performances shouldn't improve.

I wanted Arteta and I think he needs at least another 6 months to work with players however I call things as i see them. You see different from me that's ok but theres one common theme. When performance improve results improve. That is 100% fact in every walk of life. Whether that be productivity at work or 5 aside with your mates.

Results are not improving.

Sheffield United have players who earn modest salary and are so unattractive to the big clubs they probably feel quite fortunate to be in the position. Grateful even.

That's why they would run through a brick wall for the team and the manager. Who in our team would do that for the badge or manager. Nobody.

Performances and results are two different things. Performances have improved massively. Results will take time and need a heck of a lot more patience than 1 month. Chris Wilder has been coaching these Sheffield players for 3 years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't have problems Arteta say more than that and get fined Wenger usually did this. The var this season been let down to us many times

Kysus

Most of the team has been really good today, people are so result-oriented it is ridiculous.
Our weakness is still in the final third, laca had a horror show and özil was subpar as well. It's just not clicking in front of goal at all.
Constantly conceding freak goals from nothing and not getting pens (wtf var) does not help either.
Can't catch a break to get some momentum going unfortunately.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep, but Arteta has made clear improvements to our defensive cohesion. That's on the up, and that's with **** players back there.

The attack, however, is a mess in so many ways.
It's not the best bro, but there's 100% more potential than what's behind them.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Performances and results are two different things. Performances have improved massively. Results will take time and need a heck of a lot more patience than 1 month. Chris Wilder has been coaching these Sheffield players for 3 years.

Have Watfords performances improved since Pearson has taken over. In a similar time as Arteta?

Have Watfords results improved?

Or have Watfords performances still been bad but they have been picking up points due to VAR or luck?

Let's get this clear I wanted Arteta and back him but I am not seeing these big improvements. However I do see them in other teams over the same period.

Manberg

Predator
Have watfords performances improved since Pearson has taken over. In a similar time as Arteta?

Have watfords results improved?

Or have watfords performances still been bad but they have been picking up points due to VAR or luck?

No clue, I haven't watched them. I just think you're failing to see clear improvements in the way the team's played under Arteta compared to performances under Emery and you seem to be judging solely on results. We had a good run under Emery at a point last season and at the time I thought we were playing poor, even said it. I'm more optimistic with these performances and average results over those good results but poor performances. I say average because you're also not considering the quality of the opposition. Teams like Sheffield and Palace are very good. Palace got a draw at the Etihad today, are City poor too? That's how you seem to base your logic.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No clue, I haven't watched them. I just think you're failing to see clear improvements in the way the team's played under Arteta compared to performances under Emery and you seem to be judging solely on results. We had a good run under Emery at a point last season and at the time I thought we were playing poor, even said it. I'm more optimistic with these performances and average results over those good results but poor performances. I say average because you're also not considering the quality of the opposition. Teams like Sheffield and Palace are very good. Palace got a draw at the Etihad today, are City poor too? That's how you seem to base your logic.

1 result ( city against palace) doesnt define a team. City also hammered villa 6 1 the other day and they are miles ahead of us.

They also have credit in the bank for maybe being abit below par this year as they have back to back titles and a number of other trophies.

People are saying we are much more cohesive at the back however our attack is basically non existent. We do get the odd chance but we used to create much more. Is the defence improved causing the attack to suffer?

Football is a results business. Whether you like to admit it or not and the teams who put in the best performances get the best results and win things. We dont need to complicate things more than they need to be.

Next year will be the telling year however realistically how can we close a gap when we are only able to sign players that the other top 4/5 dont want?

There are players out there in lower leagues but are they ready now or for 2 years time. We have a huge problem at the minute which doesnt seem to be going to get fixed anytime soon.

When Klopp took over at Liverpool there was a linear improvement. Each year they looked stronger. Better. I dont know what we need to do to get that but if people think Saliba is going to be our VVD and Martinelli our Mane there are wrong.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Another draw -_-

Good or bad game overall? Just saw Arteta quotes saying unlucky to draw and not win. Also said Nelson's injury looks bad which has kinda pissed me off a bit.

Manberg

Predator
1 result ( city against palace) doesnt define a team. City also hammered villa 6 1 the other day and they are miles ahead of us.

They also have credit in the bank for maybe being abit below par this year as they have back to back titles and a number of other trophies.

People are saying we are much more cohesive at the back however our attack is basically non existent. We do get the odd chance but we used to create much more. Is the defence improved causing the attack to suffer?

Football is a results business. Whether you like to admit it or not and the teams who put in the best performances get the best results and win things. We dont need to complicate things more than they need to be.

Next year will be the telling year however realistically how can we close a gap when we are only able to sign players that the other top 4/5 dont want?

There are players out there in lower leagues but are they ready now or for 2 years time. We have a huge problem at the minute which doesnt seem to be going to get fixed anytime soon.

When Klopp took over at Liverpool there was a linear improvement. Each year they looked stronger. Better. I dont know what we need to do to get that but if people think Saliba is going to be our VVD and Martinelli our Mane there are wrong.

Klopp had players that fit his system. They're all the hard working type. Arteta has an uphill task trying to get lazy players to work hard. I don't think Pepe is the type of player Arteta would've gone for if given the choice.

Your fourth paragraph couldn't be more incorrect. If you actually watch the premier league you'd know that the better team doesn't always win. It's not uncommon.
To see improvements you need to look at how the team played under Emery and compare it to how it's playing under Arteta. Don't just look at results.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another draw -_-

Good or bad game overall? Just saw Arteta quotes saying unlucky to draw and not win. Also said Nelson's injury looks bad which has kinda pissed me off a bit.
Sloppy first 20 minutes but after that we dominated scored good goal failed to score 2nd got robbed by var and Sheffield score via deflection in 83 minutes. Frustrating.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I watched all his goals for Lille the other day and his finishing is outstanding.
Doesn’t get into the positions to finish. When he does shoot they tend to be quite good. It’s a puzzle for him and Arteta to fix.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Klopp had players that fit his system. They're all the hard working type. Arteta has an uphill task trying to get lazy players to work hard. I don't think Pepe is the type of player Arteta would've gone for if given the choice.

Your fourth paragraph couldn't be more incorrect. If you actually watch the premier league you'd know that the better team doesn't always win. It's not uncommon.
To see improvements you need to look at how the team played under Emery and compare it to how it's playing under Arteta. Don't just look at results.

I am not talking about in 1 given match. I am talking about over a season hence why I said about winning things. But dont worry just ignore that point to fit your argument.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t get into the positions to finish. When he does shoot they tend to be quite good. It’s a puzzle for him and Arteta to fix.

Yeah his technique is absolutely outstanding, I mean literally every corner is inch perfect. I was disgusted when Lacazette took the free kick and not Pepe.

I don't know what the answer is to try get him into better scoring positions, but he's absolutely rapid and when he's played through he usually delivers a good cross, like he did to Martinelli today or can beat a man.

What usually happens is he receives it and is surrounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom