• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Our midfield? Why do we pay Özil so much? Our fullbacks shoild help create too.

There’s no need for our striker to be creating chances, they should be on the end of them. Auba plays much better as striker who tf need hold up play who the hell are we bringing into play? You expect Laca to create space for Özil to score? Delusional.

Delusional? You should learn how to make a point without needless name calling.

who are we bringing into play? Auba and Pepe. As well as pulling defenders deeper and creating space for Özil. Do you have any points besides name calling?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What's everyones thought's on winning Europa? I think we can beat any team on our day apart from maybe Inter Milan, but with a big slice of luck we could potentially have an easy run to the final.

When do we just begin to protect our players and focus on the EL? Wish our rivals would stop dropping points. :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
What's everyones thought's on winning Europa? I think we can beat any team on our day apart from maybe Inter Milan, but with a big slice of luck we could potentially have an easy run to the final.

When do we just begin to protect our players and focus on the EL? Wish our rivals would stop dropping points. :lol:

We have chance,but our defence is dross and we can concede some stupid goals in important matches.And there's some good teams in competition.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

We won't win europa unless we start gey momentum going and some good teams get knocked out

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I wanted us to focus on the league, but since that choice was made for us after palace, I've come around to the idea that the damage to this season is already done, and we might as well go for the FA cup or the EL.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't envy Arteta at all.

Injury situation is actually pretty dire. Bench is full of kids and a loan player that clearly isn't good. No funds to improve and limited funds in the summer with few sellable assets

GDeep™

League is very weak
Normally you’ll say not many teams in the EL could beat us, we showed that the last two years - but since then we’ve lost a bunch of senior players and built a weak team that’s now looks a total mess in all aspects.

Would now say most teams in the EL will give us a 50/50 game, if not completely batter us.

Feel for Arteta, but he’s on great wages and managing a great club at 37 so I’m not getting the violins out.

@hydrofluoric acid was spot on, summer was poor and killed us.

I think we had good foundations not long ago and since Xhaka and Mustafi transfer window we have been praying to hit the jackpot in some of the transfer window. But the reality is, that we have I think sign close to 15 players in that period and you only fancy Auba to be part of title winning XI and even he comes with major flaws.

I still have hopes for Tierney and Pepe. But man it has been frustrating with them this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think we had good foundations not long ago and since Xhaka and Mustafi transfer window we have been praying to hit the jackpot in some of the transfer window. But the reality is, that we have I think sign close to 15 players in that period and you only fancy Auba to be part of title winning XI and even he comes with major flaws.

I still have hopes for Tierney and Pepe. But man it has been frustrating with them this season.

Add Perez to that, and that was almost £100 million flushed down the ****ing toilet that summer...telling that was the first season we missed out on top four.

Riou

We had poor squads before remember 11-12 squad or 12-13? The team was pretty s**te specially midfield and attack our players aren't preforming and our squad depth are not really you can't rely on youngsters to win you games

Would back those squads to batter our current team!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would back those squads to batter our current team!
Not really that good the league wasn't as good as before and we made top 4 because of Sp**s Bottling and we gone to superb run from February. But that squad was balanced unlike ours last few years

Riou

Not really that good the league wasn't as good as before and we made top 4 because of Sp**s Bottling and we gone to superb run from February. But that squad was balanced unlike ours last few years

Think if you take the best eleven of this team and compare them to the best of those two teams, very few of the current team make it in a combined team...we had much better midfielders back then too, crucially.

Manberg

Predator
Think if you take the best eleven of this team and compare them to the best of those two teams, very few of the current team make it in a combined team...we had much better midfielders back then too, crucially.

It’s hard to compare. I look back at the period from around 2009 to circa 2014 and I remember that nearly every team we played sat back in deep banks and never pressed. It wasn’t until Swansea came along that we started seeing change from the smaller clubs. When you have so much space and time on the ball the midfield looks much better than it is.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We had better squad back than.Defence with Per,Kos and Vermalen was beter than nowdays.Song,Cazorla and Arteta were better than all of our current midlefielders.Sagna and Gibbs also.RVP in 11-12 was top class.Giroud is worse than Auba tbh.

Top Bottom