• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

End of the day last January we were linked with some absolute dross and decided to only sign Suarez on loan which turned out to be a good decision since we didn't over pay for rubbish and I expect the same here.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
used, abused and discarded.

Pato did get the hype train rolling but he always too frail to be anything in Europe.

Pato really isn't that small. We're talking about 5'11" and 170 pounds. I watched Milan regularly when he was first there and he was outstanding. In reality, it was injuries that derailed his career. Poor attitude, party lifestyle and, yes, Barbara Berlusconi contributed as well. But he had the talent and the physical gifts.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pato, Benzema and Aguero seemed to be the 3 future generational talent forwards of that age group and probably in that order.

Benzema has had a brilliant career, but not reached the heights of his early promise. Aguero has been in the top 3 strikers for at least 5 years and Pato has fallen into obscurity. Crazy.

D

Dial Square 1886

The January window can be useful if the plan is to win the Europa League. If that's not the aim then might as well save money for the summer.

Well i am sure it is 'the plan', but whether that means we will, is something else entirely!!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Benzema has had a brilliant career, but not reached the heights of his early promise. Aguero has been in the top 3 strikers for at least 5 years and Pato has fallen into obscurity. Crazy.
For France maybe. For Real he’s been phenomenal, won everything, scored massive goals, complimented Ronaldo, 1 goal every 2 games for Real over 300 games.

Don’t think you can do more than he did, had he played for France and won tournaments, you would be looking at one of the most decorated players of the modern game.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pato really isn't that small. We're talking about 5'11" and 170 pounds. I watched Milan regularly when he was first there and he was outstanding. In reality, it was injuries that derailed his career. Poor attitude, party lifestyle and, yes, Barbara Berlusconi contributed as well. But he had the talent and the physical gifts.
Yeah, I meant the same, he was constantly getting knocks. He had some medical condition, IIRC.

Italy at one time used to leech all the South American teenagers without shame :lol:...you would think that with the apparent failures of Adriano, Robinho, Saviola, etc they (Argentina and Brazil) would slow down, but they didn't.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just assumed we would be active after sacking the manager pre Christmas.

Even with just one win in five still 10 points off top four & 5 points of Europa.

Why wait till late January or just writing off the season with a thin midfield & no fullbacks? We throw managers under the bus... Emery spoke out last Jan & same with Arteta this week. :mad:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Theres room for squad players. I doubt anyone is expecting big deals.

Competition for Lucas + depth at full back just seems obvious with how both killed us last year. Its crazy we only have one DM & Arteta publicly wants fullbacks.

Theres room for squad players. I doubt anyone is expecting big deals.

Competition for Lucas + depth at full back just seems obvious with how both killed us last year. Its crazy we only have one DM & Arteta publicly wants fullbacks.

We have 10 squad players in our starting XI. We need starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom