• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

Whats happened to this guys shooting? You can talk about tactics and creative players behind him all you want, but his actual shooting has become horrific, its beyond horrific. That is nothing to do with tactics or subs or nothing.

He used to have a good shot on him, and was usually on target, but last 5 months his actual shooting has become abysmal.. every time he shoots it has no power on it, it has no accuracy on it, it just flies all over the place, Goalkeeper doesn't even have to dive. I don't get it really.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Just bringing this up again since the Liverpool-United game was on so I assume more people were watching Liverpool than usual, and if you were than you'd have seen Mane and Salah miss a boat load of chances that Lacazette gets slated for. Difference is Liverpool keep creating and create enough for them score, unlike us and Laca who needs to score with his one and only chance.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Just bringing this up again since the Liverpool-United game was on so I assume more people were watching Liverpool than usual, and if you were than you'd have seen Mane and Salah miss a boat load of chances that Lacazette gets slated for. Difference is Liverpool keep creating and create enough for them score, unlike us and Laca who needs to score with his one and only chance.

Nah difference those guys get to more chances by being quicker and able to create for themselves.

Laca is a slouch, cannot create for himself either.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Nah difference those guys get to more chances by being quicker and able to create for themselves.

Laca is a slouch, cannot create for himself either.
Ehhh? Lacazette is as quick as either of them. And none of the chances that fell to them today was of their own making.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Laca as quick as Mane and Salah?

I've heard it all now
Do I have speed gun date that shows they are exactly the same pace on the dot? No of course not, but any difference in speed between them is not as big as you are making out. Certainly not to amount for the goal difference you are alluding to here.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Footage of Laca running

giphy.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do I have speed gun date that shows they are exactly the same pace on the dot? No of course not, but any difference in speed between them is not as big as you are making out. Certainly not to amount for the goal difference you are alluding to here.

The difference is massive with and without the ball.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
The difference is massive with and without the ball.
According to this Lacazette clocks in at 9.30 meters per second.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/418192/arsenal-speed-test-sokratis-aubameyang/#

And here Salah and Mane are clocked at top speed of 20.9 and 21.4 miles per hour.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.c...ague-joe-gomez-virgil-van-dijk-mohammed-salah

Converting those to meters per second like Laca gives us 9.34 and 9.56 respectively.

And bear in mind that's not even Laca's top speed whilst it is Salah and Mane's.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/418192/arsenal-speed-test-sokratis-aubameyang/#

And here Salah and Mane are clocked at top speed of 20.9 and 21.4 miles per hour.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.c...ague-joe-gomez-virgil-van-dijk-mohammed-salah

Converting those to meters per second like Laca gives us 9.34 and 9.56 respectively.

And bear in mind that's not even Laca's top speed whilst it is Salah and Mane's.

Ok so why do we never play the ball in behind for Laca to run on to? Why has he got next to no goals for us running in behind? Why did Nketiah get a ball played in behind the first chance when he came on yet before that we hadn't played a single ball in behind for Laca?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You’re reaching with this my guy. Their first touch, speed of thought, strength, acceleration and yes finishing, are all in another stratosphere to Lacazette. You’re telling big fat lies if you say you wouldn’t swap either of them for him in a heartbeat.

Vantastico

Martinelli and Auba can both play down the wing or in the middle, and both have excellent pace and positioning. Having them play together in the same like up would be like playing with 2 strikers and pacy wingers simaltaneously.

Then there's Eddie, who I heard can smell goals coming from a mile away and then he hunts them down like a cheetah.

So what exactly is the point of keeping Lacazette? Are we confident we can get a 40m deal done for him in the summer? Are we putting all of our scratched up eggs in the Europa basket?

Truthfully, personally, I just want us to be fun to watch again, and his stupid fouls are preventing me from enjoying his amazing richochet goals to the fullest of their potential, because I know deep down, that at some point we'll lose momentum and give up a goal again because he used to be the strong kid in school who used his hands to push the smaller more talented children and thus, by intimidating them and exerting his alphamale big d*** pressure, he fooled everyone including his coaches that he was actually good at playing football.

Love you Laca. Pls twerk if you do score a game-winning goal once (not in training).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom