• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Aarons, Koulibailly, Dunk, Guimares, Zaha (200m)

------------------------Leno---------------------------
---------Koulibailly---------Dunk-------------------
-Bellerin------------------------------------Tierney--
---------------Torreria----Luiz/Guimares----------
--Pepe----------------Ceballos-----------Zaha-----
-------------------Aubameyang---------------------

Out: Mustafi, Mavrapanos, Holding, El Nenny, Xhaka, Mkhi, Lacazette

145m

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

145m

A wishlist with Luiz in midfield.

Jeez.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Even if you valued each player at 10m that would be 70m. Your user name couldn't be more apt.

Mustafi and Mavropanos don't have any market value and good luck selling Holding with him spending so much time out injured. Elneny probably gets you around 6-8 mil, Roma offered 8,5 for Mkhi according to reports from Italy so that where the market is for him. The only valuable players in that group are Xhaka and Lacazette. Xhaka's market value is around 25 mil according to the reports on the discussions with Hertha, Laca is probably around 30 mil at this point. Even 100 mil is a relatively optimistic guess for that group's market value, and you are going for 145 mil. Laughable.

By the way, the purpose of my user name is merely to see who'll go for a low effort response by referencing it. Joke's on you, buddy.

Bloodbather

Established Member

30 million for Lacazette?!!!! Okay, pal.

Have you been watching him lately? Nobody's going to cough up big sums for a striker who can't score goals.

Besides, even if someone did a charity act and gave you the 45 mil we paid for him, the sum total is still unlikely to reach 100 mil, let alone 145 mil. Teams aren't out there to help us by overpaying for our trash.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I like the idea of Maddison (Arteta's idea), Bruno Guimarães (media talking). They are good players, young and could improve Arsenals squad.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Auba ----- Martinelli ------ Pepe
-----Maddison----Torreira-------
----------- Guimarães -------------
Kola* --- Luiz ---- Saliba --- AMN
-------------- Leno -----------------

* You could put Saka or Tierney there too. If is the case, you can sell Kola.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Out
Xhaka, Kolasinac, Mustafi, El-Neny, Sokratis, Mkhitaryan & Auba (my only regretful release as its clear he's not resigning)

In
Saliba, Grealish, Zaha, Dunk & Partey. Would like another forward to help carry the burden of replacing Auba's goals but am struggling to think of anyone decent.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Unrealistic: Zagadou, Sangaré, Aouar, Szoboszlai, Grealish
Optimistic: Upamecano, Sangaré, Guimarães, Szoboszlai, Grealish
Realistic: Upamecano, Sangaré, Guimarães, Szoboszlai
Minimalistic: Upamecano, Guimarães, Szoboszlai

Getting a CB and replacing Xhaka and Özil are the priorities for me. Replacing Torreira and bringing in another attacking player are optional. Szoboszlai is the only player that features in all alternates, because I think he's a must-get talent and that he's obtainable. Aouar is my pipedream, he's a monster talent but I think City will be all over him in the summer - perfect player for them.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Unrealistic: Zagadou, Sangaré, Aouar, Szoboszlai, Grealish
Optimistic: Upamecano, Sangaré, Guimarães, Szoboszlai, Grealish
Realistic: Upamecano, Sangaré, Guimarães, Szoboszlai
Minimalistic: Upamecano, Guimarães, Szoboszlai

Getting a CB and replacing Xhaka and Özil are the priorities for me. Replacing Torreira and bringing in another attacking player are optional. Szoboszlai is the only player that features in all alternates, because I think he's a must-get talent and that he's obtainable. Aouar is my pipedream, he's a monster talent but I think City will be all over him in the summer - perfect player for them.

Agree with pretty much everything bar selling Torreria - he's been our best player since Arteta took over. Non of that unrealistic list reads as unrealistic to me. An out of favour Dortmund cb, Aouar cost wise maybe as Aulus is a f***er, Szoboszlai is very attainable as is Grealish.

Unrealistic for me is: Koulabailly, Ndidi, Maddidson, Zaha, Sane.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Agree with pretty much everything bar selling Torreria - he's been our best player since Arteta took over. Non of that unrealistic list reads as unrealistic to me. An out of favour Dortmund cb, Aouar cost wise maybe as Aulus is a f***er, Szoboszlai is very attainable as is Grealish.

Unrealistic for me is: Koulabailly, Ndidi, Maddidson, Zaha, Sane.

Replacing Torreira is, as I said, optional for me. I'm fine with keeping him, he can provide good value in a proper midfield. It's just that I like the idea of having Sangaré as our future DM in a reconstructed squad better.

Zagadou is unrealistic to me because I think he'll claim his spot back at Dortmund and they won't sell him. He has more upside than any other defender they have.

Aouar isn't just cost imo. Guardiola waxed poetic about him a while ago and it doesn't surprise me, he's tailor-made for City. I expect them to target him as a David Silva replacement. Heard Juve are interested in him as well.

Even the unrealistic part of my wish list tries to stay a bit realistic. The reason I label it unrealistic isn't that the individual players themselves are unattainable per se, but that getting all of them together is unrealistic. Koulibaly, Ndidi, Maddison, Sané are simply far too expensive for them to even enter into consideration for me. Zaha is probably not as unrealistic, but I'm not in favor of paying big to get him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Vedat Muriqi.

A mobile Giroud, tall fecker, who's great at setting up others into play.

Could be a relatively cheap backup to Auba.

145m

Imagine actually wanting Dunk and thinking hes not overpriced

What I Would Do For January/Summer:

JANUARY
Sign:
Boateng (6 month loan - no option to buy)

Sell:
No one (we need the numbers)

SUMMER
Sign:
Sangare (£20m)
Sane (£80m) - Look I know what you're thinking - No way! But if we sold Lacazette and got around the same price and we got in the UCL and we offered him enough, I think it could be plausible
Upamecano (£40m)
Kurzawa (free)
Olmo (£20m)
Cavani (Free)
Ndidi (£70m)

Sell:
Mustafi (£10m)
Mkhitaryan (£15m)
Elneny (£15m)
Lacazette (£80m)
Özil (£20m)
Kolasinac (£20m)
Guendouzi (£70m) - Again, Guendouzi is a very good talent but he is still raw and if we are able to get £70m for a young raw prospect who isn't a guarenteed starter, I'd do it.
Ceballos (end of loan)

Net Loss Of £0

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's certainly a lot of options out there. I think the summer will be a big one and our side will look very different come the start of next season, here's what i'd do. Its quite exciting!

Players to be sold -

Aubameyang - £60M
Lacazette - £40M
Mustafi - £15M
Elneny - £8M
Kolasinac - £15M
Mikky - £10M

Then you have our other CB's. We'd have Luiz, Saliba, Mavropanos, Sokratis, Chambers and Holding on the books. Mavropanos doesn't look as if he's really developed, could well be sold. We're looking at getting another CB in so would make sense to get rid of him. Luiz, Saliba, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers and Upamecano for example would be great. I also think Özil stays until his contract is up and then moves to the MLS.

Players to purchase in the summer and possibly now if we can -

Upamecano - £50M
Bruno - £25M
Ziyech - £30M
Werner/Piatek/Jovic/Dembele - £30-60M
Full back cover - £10-20M

Leno
Bellerin
Saliba
Upamecano
Tierney
Bruno