• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Werner is a great goal scorer himself though, Auba is older and proven it for longer.

Werner is better in all other departments too, simply a better player.
Werner has this season in goalscoring. But previous 5 seasons auba has almostdouble goals/games .

Haven't seen enough of werner to comment on his all around game, can't be hard to be better than auba there though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Werner is a great goal scorer himself though, Auba is older and proven it for longer.

Werner is better in all other departments too, simply a better player.

Agree. And besides, Werner is untransferable this window whilst everyone on here could see Auba leaving. Tells you all one needs to know somehow

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Werner has this season in goalscoring. But previous 5 seasons auba has almostdouble goals/games .

Haven't seen enough of werner to comment on his all around game, can't be hard to be better than auba there though.

Werner has had a terrific second or third easons as a 19 year old or something, every other season was solid, this year has been fantastic and the guy keeps developing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Selling Aubameyang this winter would absolutely guarantee no CL next year but even keeping him the chances are very slim.

If we were offered around 60M for him this winter, I'd sell, depending what clubs may offer in summer, could be much less.

I'd then sell Lacazette in the summer as well and use Martinelli/Nketiah and bring in a starting striker.

The money we're already looking to invest in summer added to the money that could be made off Auba and Lacazette would mean we could have some serious quality rebuild.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we can get 100m for Laca and Auba, plus 50m from mustafi, mavropanos and other deadweights and add in a further 50mil from the club, we could have 200m to play with in the summer rebuild. But I don't know if I can trust the people in charge with that kind of money.

I jus hope Mikel arteta has an input on what kind of players we need to sign

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t sell at all, for me he’s probably got one or two good years left before Father Time comes calling.

The value he provides to us now is arguably more than any fee we could get. He’s signed with us until 2021, doubt he’ll have much of a prime after that.

Club shouldn’t be needing to sell him to raise funds, we’ve rounded out the first team with a bunch of kids ffs.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t sell at all, for me he’s probably got one or two good years left before Father Time comes calling.

The value he provides to us now is arguably more than any fee we could get. He’s signed with us until 2021, doubt he’ll have much of a prime after that.

Club shouldn’t be needing to sell him to raise funds, we’ve rounded out the first team with a bunch of kids ffs.

Well, my ideal situation is sell Lacazette and uses his wages to extend Auba, as he still has two years minimum left at top level. But you need to remember Rex, it's very likely Auba wants to leave, so for me 60M now is better than pennies or whatever it will be in summer.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Werner has had a terrific second or third easons as a 19 year old or something, every other season was solid, this year has been fantastic and the guy keeps developing.
Not calling him a bad player, I'm saying just saying auba is the better goalscorer and has proven it several seasons in a row in different teams and leagues.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd happily sell Auba for big money if we could bring in Mertens (or unrealistically Cavani) now as this season is over anyway. I very much doubt that Barca would give us the necessary money though and most of the players that they would offer in exchange come with risks (Rakatic and Umtiti are both struggling find their old form).

Nothing rumour.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well, my ideal situation is sell Lacazette and uses his wages to extend Auba, as he still has two years minimum left at top level. But you need to remember Rex, it's very likely Auba wants to leave, so for me 60M now is better than pennies or whatever it will be in summer.

We still have him contracted until 2021. Players talk big but when it comes down to it they won’t sit out a whole year and tank their value.

One good thing Gazidis did was give him crazy bonuses for goals and appearances so doubt he’d pass those up.

If he then leaves when his contract is up so be it, he’ll be 32 and we’d have probably got the last bit of top class football out of him and we’d have had three extra windows to find a decent replacement while his goals kept us afloat.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

We still have him contracted until 2021. Players talk big but when it comes down to it they won’t sit out a whole year and tank their value.

One good thing Gazidis did was give him crazy bonuses for goals and appearances so doubt he’d pass those up.

If he then leaves when his contract is up so be it, he’ll be 32 and we’d have probably got the last bit of top class football out of him and we’d have had three extra windows to find a decent replacement while his goals kept us afloat.

Yeah true I guess, as I said I'd keep him for as long as possible but you know what it's like when a player wants to leave. I think all it'd take is Arteta to have an honest conversation with Auba about what he wants and go from there. If he wants to leave cash in and replace with someone younger.

Malky

Established Member
Wouldn't sell Auba this window, it would almost guarantee the club will do something stupid, like instead of replace him they'll just give Laca a big new contract and sign some unknown, like Martinelli, and hope for the best again.
There is no guarantee the club will do the right thing if they sell our only goalscorer and replace him with another clinical CF, we'll most likely come out of this a million times worse. Like @Rex Banter said - we could likely get another really good season or two from Auba anyway.

Lacazette, on the other hand, I'd personally drive him to an airport tomorrow if we got a half decent offer for him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't sell Auba this window, it would almost guarantee the club will do something stupid, like instead of replace him they'll just give Laca a big new contract and sign some unknown, like Martinelli, and hope for the best again.
There is no guarantee the club will do the right thing if they sell our only goalscorer and replace him with another clinical CF, we'll most likely come out of this a million times worse. Like @Rex Banter said - we could likely get another really good season or two from Auba anyway.

Lacazette, on the other hand, I'd personally drive him to an airport tomorrow if we got a half decent offer for him.

Other question is if we sell Auba who do we even replace him with?

Top class strikers don’t exactly grow on trees and even if there was one would he want to come here after we’ve sold our best striker and are sat in midtable?

ArsenalFever

Would happily accept Piatek this window if Aubs was off, if Arsenal were to sell in Jan, it's likely they already have a forward target on the radar and would be able to sign this window. Even if the inevitability is that we sell in the summer, bringing in a top striker this window would still have more benefits than in the summer due to the "settling" in period, but that's only if the "right" player is available.
Also, more talent would be attracted to CL football which is still a possibility but wouldn't put any weight on that regarding decision to sign in this window as apposed to the summer.
Arsenal have the funds whether it's this window or the summer, it's just a matter of perspective wether they choose to sign players this window.

Fresh start in the summer, new captain and so on, £50-£60 mil and you got a deal. Spend it wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom