• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
If he cannot score tonight I see no way back from him and he must be dropped. We need goals, hard work will only get you so far.. we need to be more ruthless in front of goal and with players who are not performing.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Camus if you really can't see how top speed is almost meaningless in a sport where it is all about the first 5 yards then we can't help you.
Misinterpretations of stats like that have made them a laughing stock for years which is unfortunate.
The stats are not at fault, it is people not being able to bring them into context.

Only one misinterpreting stats is you and others.

Speed/Pace/Velocity= Distance covered per unit of time

Top Speed= The highest rate of distance covered per unit of time

Acceleration= Rate of change of Speed/Pace/Velocity with respect to time

I'm full aware of the differences. But as this study shows (bar outliers) the relative difference between a slower player and a faster player in terms of both acceleration and speed over a long distance is relatively the same. Which is exactly why professional top level clubs measure such data in an official capacity like we've down. I know you're having a hard time reconciling the data with your incorrect perceptions but hand waving them away as "almost meaningless" just demonstrates either ignorance or disingenuity.

Just because you have objective numbers doesn't mean you're applying them correctly.

It is clear from watching the many matches Lacazette plays that he never runs away from defenders. He doesn't make runs in behind nor do his team mates play balls in behind in expectation of him doing so.

It's nice that you've got a top speed number but that's all it is: a number. Numbers and statistics are not totems of fact but have to be interpreted in context.

I've clearly explained above that I am applying them correctly. As also explained in another post ones respective speed is not a replacement for preferred play-style. Tim Cahill comes in at noticeably shorter than Adebayor and has more headed goals.

Are you actually going to engage in a substantive way or is it going to be just more hand waving away since you have nothing to refute the data?

Hadn't even looked at the data you provided until now... knew it was bollocks.

Laca's speed measured is in a training speed test... whilst your other rubbish source doesn't even state how they measured the Liverpool players' speed? Sounds like it's data from actual matches, where you rarely if ever hit absolute top speed.

"dEmOsTrAbLe FaCtS" :lol: use your eyes dude. If Laca was any quick, he'd score goals like Salah and Mane by running in behind or running with the ball at high speed.

The data is apparently "rubbish" and "bollocks" and yet this is your what? 5th reply to me? And you've not been able to provide a single shred of counter evidence to them. Odd that :lol:

As for claim about "player rarely if ever hitting top speed in games when compared to training"..United would disagree with on that

https://www.givemesport.com/1494333...united-players-max-speed-from-preseason-tests

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/opta-data-highlights-the-fastest-player-at-man-utd-this-season

Rashford actually exceeded his training top speed 3 times in the opening 12 games already. More demonstrable facts since I know how much you love them when they prove you wrong :lol:

I'm getting a bit bored here. Your opinions are meaningless to me and I've already gone about addressing them with objective data. Either do the same or consider this discussion over from my end.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't think it's fair to set the bar of: if he doesn't score tonight then he's done here.

Let's be honest, he's not going to score tonight. He's stinking out the joint:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Goal from him would be a much needed welcome! We need it more than ever! Laca need it more than ever!
I think he’ll eventually play better than he is now, but I don’t see that spark happening in a big game.

People expecting a goal from him in a game like this when we even struggle to score against relegation opposition is misguided optimism/hope or setting him up to fail.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Laca doesn't score tonight I don't want to hear "Oh but look at his work rate, look how he holds up the ball, look at his strength!" He's our CF and he needs to play like one or get the fvck out!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Credit for making it to their box in time for the celebration... granted absolutely gagging for air.

EO1nFVlWAAIVSA2.jpg

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Only one misinterpreting stats is you and others.

Speed/Pace/Velocity= Distance covered per unit of time

Top Speed= The highest rate of distance covered per unit of time

Acceleration= Rate of change of Speed/Pace/Velocity with respect to time

I'm full aware of the differences. But as this study shows (bar outliers) the relative difference between a slower player and a faster player in terms of both acceleration and speed over a long distance is relatively the same. Which is exactly why professional top level clubs measure such data in an official capacity like we've down. I know you're having a hard time reconciling the data with your incorrect perceptions but hand waving them away as "almost meaningless" just demonstrates either ignorance or disingenuity.

I've clearly explained above that I am applying them correctly. As also explained in another post ones respective speed is not a replacement for preferred play-style. Tim Cahill comes in at noticeably shorter than Adebayor and has more headed goals.

Are you actually going to engage in a substantive way or is it going to be just more hand waving away since you have nothing to refute the data?

The data is apparently "rubbish" and "bollocks" and yet this is your what? 5th reply to me? And you've not been able to provide a single shred of counter evidence to them. Odd that :lol:

As for claim about "player rarely if ever hitting top speed in games when compared to training"..United would disagree with on that

https://www.givemesport.com/1494333...united-players-max-speed-from-preseason-tests

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/opta-data-highlights-the-fastest-player-at-man-utd-this-season

Rashford actually exceeded his training top speed 3 times in the opening 12 games already. More demonstrable facts since I know how much you love them when they prove you wrong :lol:

I'm getting a bit bored here. Your opinions are meaningless to me and I've already gone about addressing them with objective data. Either do the same or consider this discussion over from my end.

Hahahahhaha. Rashford exceeding his top speed from pre-season traning... literally when they're out of form, and train to be fit for the matches.. and how is Rashford doing that an argument for Laca being faster than Salah and Mane?...... :lol:

Here you go, you positivistic swein, enjoy your demonstratable data, top 20 quickest players in the league:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...est-players-revealed-Mo-Salah-ranks-18th.html

Lacazette, of course nowhere near to be seen, because he's a slow ************.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Same old, same old from him. Tremendous endeavour, decent hold up play, poor general quality on the ball. Lad is desperate for a goal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Believe it or not I'm not gonna criticise his performance tonight but he did **** up one situation (he always manages it at least once a game) where he tried to pass it to Pepe instead of the simple ball outside to Martinelli who'd have been in acres of space and managed to find a Chelsea player. It's just typical of him at the moment. Even some of mates who support Liverpool have started copping on to how bad he is.

Pepes blue pill

Believe it or not I'm not gonna criticise his performance tonight but he did **** up one situation (he always manages it at least once a game) where he tried to pass it to Pepe instead of the simple ball outside to Martinelli who'd have been in acres of space and managed to find a Chelsea player. It's just typical of him at the moment. Even some of mates who support Liverpool have started copping on to how bad he is.

Its was more the fact he tried to play it to pepe that pissed me off, all you need to do is put the ball on the inside of the defended then any player with pass just runs on to it

He also headed the ball to no one just before Chelsea second goal!

Few poor dribbles resulting in loss of the ball.

But he worked hard. Guess that is what we mainly expect from our striker now!

Pepes blue pill

Maybe I need to watch it again but wtf was he doing for their 2nd goal, looked like he just moved out the way of the cross, holding was pointing it out straight away

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He also headed the ball to no one just before Chelsea second goal!

Few poor dribbles resulting in loss of the ball.

But he worked hard. Guess that is what we mainly expect from our striker now!

Martinelli worked 10 times as hard and managed to get a goal too, just like the last game. :lol:

The bar is simply on the floor for Lacazette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom