• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Show me a player who does these mistakes as frequently as Xhaka. He had the record for doing such mistakes in the three seasons before this.
The time he took after he saw Mustafi to actually make the pass is definitely longer than any decent premier league midfielder. Compare that with how Cazorla makes the passes. You see that urgency in most midfielders which doesn't seem to be there with Xhaka. He assumes that the whole world around him will stay still when he slowly makes the pass.

@Trilly has suddenly decided that there's nothing wrong with any of these players and us as fans are just overreacting. He seems to have taken the role of player-defender, he might have become a Kronke shill by the looks of it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly has suddenly decided that there's nothing wrong with any of these players and us as fans are just overreacting. He seems to have taken the role of player-defender, he might have become a Kronke shill by the looks of it.
:lol::lol:

What happened to the fresh start under Arteta? Xhaka hasn’t been a problem under Arteta so people are resorting to clips of him losing the ball that ultimately lead to nothing. Yet to see a clip of Torreira losing the ball that actually lead to the equaliser.

We all know Xhaka’s flaws but he’s been okay under the new regime, not sure why his game is being picked apart following this latest match.

@RacingPhoton just going to have to agree to disagree on that. He took one touch to dribble, one touch to set the ball out and one touch to pass. He took his time because he had time....why does he need to be urgent when we’re winning the game? Saying you see that kind of urgency from other midfielders is almost a straight up lie.

It’s the execution of the pass that was wrong, **** happens.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Show me a player who does these mistakes as frequently as Xhaka. He had the record for doing such mistakes in the three seasons before this.
The time he took after he saw Mustafi to actually make the pass is definitely longer than any decent premier league midfielder. Compare that with how Cazorla makes the passes. You see that urgency in most midfielders which doesn't seem to be there with Xhaka. He assumes that the whole world around him will stay still when he slowly makes the pass.

Cazorla had the ability to turn on a sixpence, something Xhaka unfortunately isn't blessed with.

I'm sure we'll get a decent showing from him tonight.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am not expecting much this window, and despite not being completely happy with it, I don't mind our midfield for the rest of this season being Lucas-Xhaka-Özil, wouldn't mind seeing Mikel mix it up though.

But if that midfield starts next season, then Arteta can **** off...and this is coming from somebody who loves every beautiful hair, on his beautiful head :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
:lol::lol:

What happened to the fresh start under Arteta? Xhaka hasn’t been a problem under Arteta so people are resorting to clips of him losing the ball that ultimately lead to nothing. Yet to see a clip of Torreira losing the ball that actually lead to the equaliser.

We all know Xhaka’s flaws but he’s been okay under the new regime, not sure why his game is being picked apart following this latest match.

@RacingPhoton just going to have to agree to disagree on that. He took one touch to dribble, one touch to set the ball out and one touch to pass. He took his time because he had time....why does he need to be urgent when we’re winning the game? Saying you see that kind of urgency from other midfielders is almost a straight up lie.

It’s the execution of the pass that was wrong, **** happens.
He had the time in the context of the match. He didn't have that time in the context of the pass. The way he pushed the ball, it was pretty clear what he was going to do next. Unless you are playing against some farmer team, they are players are going to try and cut the pass. Again, this is not the first time guilty of doing this. Most of his errors were down to either his mind going blank when he is pressed or his inability to execute the pass quickly which makes it easy for players to cut the pass.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He had the time in the context of the match. He didn't have that time in the context of the pass. The way he pushed the ball, it was pretty clear what he was going to do next. Unless you are playing against some farmer team, they are players are going to try and cut the pass. Again, this is not the first time guilty of doing this. Most of his errors were down to either his mind going blank when he is pressed or his inability to execute the pass quickly which makes it easy for players to cut the pass.
Funnily enough, he also makes crazy errors when he's got time and the focus is on him as the deepest midfielder, as he did in that clip. It's as if he gets stage fright. He did it for the Swiss in that hilarious clip against Portugal?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He had the time in the context of the match. He didn't have that time in the context of the pass.
Hence what I said, the execution of the pass was wrong. A simple lofted ball would have sufficed.

Your original issue was his lack of urgency. My point being the lack of urgency was not a problem, it was the execution of a pass. Still a mistake so whatever.

I just don't understand why the clean slate doesn't apply to him. Why are we looking at a meaningless loss of possession when Torreira lost the ball that led to the equaliser?

Pepes blue pill

This thread is a different kind of special :lol:

People saying mistakes are ok as they didnt lead to a goal

People acting like he isnt having brainfarts cus none of them led to a goal

Then the haters using the fact he cant pass like cesc or turn like carzola as a stick to beat him with

I dont like him but accept at the current time he is a starter, accept that all the managers seem to like him but im hoping arteta is just saying the right things as it be crazy to come in and slag players off

Really hoping they are focusing on coaching guendouzi to really understand the game, a boy with his talent shouldnt have an issue replacing someone like xhaka but he too often plays like a sunday league player would in midfield

Pepes blue pill

Hence what I said, the execution of the pass was wrong. A simple lofted ball would have sufficed.

Your original issue was his lack of urgency. My point being the lack of urgency was not a problem, it was the execution of a pass. Still a mistake so whatever.

I just don't understand why the clean slate doesn't apply to him. Why are we looking at a meaningless loss of possession when Torreira lost the ball that led to the equaliser?

Only point I agree with is the end part, if you call out one you gotta call out the other, mustafi played a shocking pass similar to the xhaka one

There is no excuses for the passes xhaka n mustafi made, they are passes I would have made, no excuse for torreira trying that pass either as more often than not it goes to their player and then you are out of position if they quickly knock it forward

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fabregas-Gilberto
Fabregas-Flamini
Diaby-Song
Wilshere-Song
Arteta-Song
Ramsey-Arteta
Cazorla-Coquelin
Ramsey-Xhaka
Torreira-Xhaka

...think these are all of our main midfield duos of the Emirates era, what's ya favourite?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Fabregas-Gilberto
Fabregas-Flamini
Diaby-Song
Wilshere-Song
Arteta-Song
Ramsey-Arteta
Cazorla-Coquelin
Ramsey-Xhaka
Torreira-Xhaka

...think these are all of our main midfield duos of the Emirates era, what's ya favourite?

Fab-Flam not my favourite of the lot but it was decent. I was fuming when he left for Milan just when that midfield was starting to look settled (Hleb takes some blame as well).

Coqzorla one of my favourites for sure. Ramteta up there.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There is no excuses for the passes xhaka n mustafi made, they are passes I would have made,
I'm not excusing mistakes. I'm saying that players rarely complete games with 100% pass success.

So what's the point of focusing on one loose pass that didn't even cost us? Bit pointless no?

Pepes blue pill

I'm not excusing mistakes. I'm saying that players rarely complete games with 100% pass success.

So what's the point of focusing on one loose pass that didn't even cost us? Bit pointless no?

I don't think anyone has said players complete games with 100% pass success

I assume people are focusing on it because it was a simple pass and one you see him fu ck up too often, the fact it has cost us in the past and will again in the future probs pi ssed people off but you will have to ask the people who you feel are focusing on that one part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom