• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A few things will click and we'll go on a tear. Fine margins. I don't believe 4th is dead and buried yet.
Almost....

if we don’t go on a winning run right now then it’s gone but I’m a cynical optimist. I don’t know why but I still have a bit of hope.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
There is a something bubbling under the surface with Arteta. You can see tiny little "building blocks", as Freddie called it, being put in place. Wouldn't have expected that level of organisation and resilience with 10 men away at Chelsea under Wenger let alone Emery. The wins will come but the principles of good coaching are being imbibed into the club.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
There is a something bubbling under the surface with Arteta. You can see tiny little "building blocks", as Freddie called it, being put in place. Wouldn't have expected that level of organisation and resilience with 10 men away at Chelsea under Wenger let alone Emery. The wins will come but the principles of good coaching are being imbibed into the club.

Freddie commented anything after Arteta's appointment?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal fans always whine too much about ref decisions though, it's boring. This time, there might actually be something into it.
It’s the fact we have VAR and are still having things go against that’s maddening.

Jorginho not being sent off for stopping a counter, Pepe clearly being tripped in the box and no pen and now David Luiz being sent off.

Each decision in isolation is harsh but you take it....combine them all though and you start to think wtf is going on?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Things have really improved since Arteta took over, I'm sure a wining run is close. We've been unlucky with injuries in defence, Mustafi is 4th choice but we've had to start him. I said when he took over that with EL games not until Feb it gives Arteta time to get this team together. He's doing a great job with what he has and the team spirit has soared, so EL or even PL top 4 is very possible. Onwards & Upwards!

Manberg

Predator
To get top 4 we need signings, even if they are short term options. Squad is too thin and low on energy to keep running, as evidenced by Torreira coming down with cramp in every game. The bench options at the moment are shockingly poor.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Think a draw was the worst result. :lol:

I think on our day we could beat anyone in the EL bar Inter but they'll be more focused on the league, which is why had we lost we could of taken the league a bit easier.

As you say though, top 4 isn't dead yet.

Could do with some sort of decent loan signing idk.
Ah, you're looking at the back door into the CL. Tbh I keep forgetting about that. We need wins and points for confidence though! I prefer a team winning domestic games going into the latter stages of the EL, but of course it has no real baring on what will happen. We've seen it with Liverpool, Chelsea and Man utd in europe.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think we can get top 4, we'll simply drop too many points because we're just not good enough in key areas which is amplified with injuries, suspensions, etc. It'd require an absolutely unbelievable winning run to get it now. I just want to see improvements. Top 4 was dead and buried ages ago.

Pepes blue pill

Love the fight he has put back into the side, it was a 2-2 draw but I honestly cant say I have felt this proud of the team in a long time, was so happy for them when the whilst went, to end up losing that would have been heartbreaking

Also the away fans deserved it so much, every time I heard singing it was them not the home fans

Manberg

Predator
Anyone noticed the man marking on set pieces? Granted it was **** for Chelsea's second goal (Mustafi), but I haven't seen an Arsenal player mark an opposing player like Torreira marked Azpilicueta in those first half corners for a long time.

Polar Bear

Please stop playing Mustafi, this guy is an erratic clown, he has cost us so many times over the years, Arteta please stop picking him.

1 win in 6 prem games since Arteta came, not good at all in points, but the performances are better, we work a lot harder and have more fight and Leno is not bombarded with 30 shots per game, there is many subtle improvements, but we need to actually win, all the bottom sides won and have closed up on us and are on the same points as us.. we need to win games back to back to back to pull away

He can only do so much, we need better players all over the pitch, just wish he won't keep playing Mustafi though, we've been down this same road a million times with Mustafi

Pepes blue pill

Please stop playing Mustafi, this guy is an erratic clown, he has cost us so many times over the years, Arteta please stop picking him.

1 win in 6 prem games since Arteta came, not good at all in points, but the performances are better, we work a lot harder and have more fight and Leno is not bombarded with 30 shots per game, there is many subtle improvements, but we need to actually win, all the bottom sides won and have closed up on us and are on the same points as us.. we need to win games back to back to back to pull away

He can only do so much, we need better players all over the pitch, just wish he won't keep playing Mustafi though, we've been down this same road a million times with Mustafi

He had no option today, only other option as holding and the last time he played he put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen, be crazy to throw him in again against chelsea...mustafi wont play once soks is back

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I really hope we get Arteta some signings next week rather than expecting him to get something out of this group.

He barely has any margin to change up the team & they look knackered after 70 minutes.

6 wins all season & just 7 points above the relegation zone is embarrassing. Have some pride & back the manager... like most clubs after a midseason sacking. :facepalm:

zilfy

My only concern with Mikel is that he doesn't seem big on squad rotation. He keeps saying in his press conferences that each player has to bust his guts out "every 3 days," but I'm not sure its sustainable.

I'm aware our squad depth is limited, I just really hope we see some heavy rotation for the Bournemouth fixture. Ceballos and Guendouzi should get starts and... christ, there isnt alot of quality left is there?

Top Bottom