• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
My only concern with Mikel is that he doesn't seem big on squad rotation. He keeps saying in his press conferences that each player has to bust his guts out "every 3 days," but I'm not sure its sustainable.

I'm aware our squad depth is limited, I just really hope we see some heavy rotation for the Bournemouth fixture. Ceballos and Guendouzi should get starts and... christ, there isnt alot of quality left is there?

I think once our spot in the league is secured will we see more rotation, and that’s 4/5 wins away. Thereafter I think we should see more combinations and time off given to our players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I love how he was about to bring Holding on and saw that we started holding the ball and out playing them with 10 men and just left it. I said at half time that there was no way he should take Martinelli off.

A game like this really highlights what the team needs. As hard as everyone worked we are starting to see who we need to replace and what with.

Lacazette worked hard and played well I thought but he has limitations. He literally offers nothing in the air in the sense of ball retention or relieving pressure. We go long to Martinelli. That says it all. People underestimate how often Liverpool go long and how good Firmino is in the air. A striker with Aerial ability is a must.

Xhaka said okay and showed heart and concentration in the most part, but he did play them onside for the goal and wasn't impressive before we went down to 10. We need an upgrade there.

Bellerin has shown he shouldn't be written off.

However the main problem. The obvious issue is that at 10 men with Özil off the pitch. It was no different to him playing when we had 11. He offered nothing on the ball and off the ball. It was insane.

A good investment in the midfield in a replacement for Xhaka to add pace physicality and dribbling. A good investment to add a goalscoring, dribbling hard working,fast player in replacing Özil would massively improve the team. We need those two midfielders in the summer.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Ah, you're looking at the back door into the CL. Tbh I keep forgetting about that. We need wins and points for confidence though! I prefer a team winning domestic games going into the latter stages of the EL, but of course it has no real baring on what will happen. We've seen it with Liverpool, Chelsea and Man utd in europe.

Yeah confidence is a massive part of a winning team, but I think these players will fight for Arteta till the end of the season regardless of results.

I just remember us going hell for leather for top 4 and Europa league last year and in the end I think that cost us. We should really still be picking up wins in the PL with a touch of rotation.

As I said though I still think the top 4 is within reach, but one more loss and it's done.

Manberg

Predator
My only concern with Mikel is that he doesn't seem big on squad rotation. He keeps saying in his press conferences that each player has to bust his guts out "every 3 days," but I'm not sure its sustainable.

I'm aware our squad depth is limited, I just really hope we see some heavy rotation for the Bournemouth fixture. Ceballos and Guendouzi should get starts and... christ, there isnt alot of quality left is there?

Arteta wants stability and for players to get used to each other. For that to happen, the same players need to play together and rotation should be minimal. Chopping and changing does more harm than good.

zilfy

Arteta wants stability and for players to get used to each other. For that to happen, the same players need to play together and rotation should be minimal. Chopping and changing does more harm than good.
I get that and it's a good strategy but surely there's a balancing act required to prevent burnout as well. I remember Lucas was overplayed last year and totally fizzled out. Hopefully it doesn't happen this time around (and to others)

Manberg

Predator
I get that and it's a good strategy but surely there's a balancing act required to prevent burnout as well. I remember Lucas was overplayed last year and totally fizzled out. Hopefully it doesn't happen this time around (and to others)

I'd be surprised if Torreira's not burning out he's getting cramps in literally every game :lol:
The bench is poor. Who'll deputise for Torreira? Willock?

He'll be rested in the upcoming FA Cup tie and there's a 2 week winter break after Burnley.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd be surprised if Torreira's not burning out he's getting cramps in literally every game :lol:
The bench is poor. Who'll deputise for Torreira? Willock?

He'll be rested in the upcoming FA Cup tie and there's a 2 week winter after Burnley.
AMN could do a job

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
As I said though I still think the top 4 is within reach, but one more loss and it's done.

Get to 40 points before taking the league easy! Low key the other end of the table is the one catching us at the mo even with the good performances. Just 7 points off 19th now not just the relegation zone.

At season form so far we get 9.5 wins from 38 games and Chelsea 19. We would have to hope for dip in their form and us to blow out big time!

If we can start winning games that is good! Every improvement helps us in EL!

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Feel like majority of our players will be safe next season under Arteta.

A few additions but dont see a massive clear out of the first team.

Chambers, Luiz, Holdini, Mustafi (unless we release) are all safe next season.
Torreira, Xhaka, Özil, Kola, Bellerin, Lacazette and Pepe are also here to stay. Don't see much of the regular first teamers being shifted bar Sokratis and PEA. Seeing the wishlist thread is jokes when people think we are going to overhaul.

Really glad Arteta proved me wrong and is showing why those in the know rated him as the next best thing.
#inject it

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Get to 40 points before taking the league easy! Low key the other end of the table is the one catching us at the mo even with the good performances. Just 7 points off 19th now not just the relegation zone.

And Top 5 is only 5 points ahead of us.

The premier league's crazy at the moment in general. Nearly everyone can still be relegated.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I dont think we will have the energy to push for top four this season, and will fizzle out around matchday 32 or so.

All I want for this team is to get to 45 points and then prepare for next season. Continue working on our patterns of play and identifying the personnel needed to strengthen our team.

GunnerShy

We need Europa league as a minimum next season. It's not the UCL but its still 30m ish into the coffers.

The results are still disappointing but even critics would have to say he's done a good job taking over a team with rock bottom confidence playing horrible football.

With AMN and Saka covering the LB & RB roles and Saliba coming in, I think you might say another Centre back would be nice but sure the priority now is someone in Midfield. Partay ideally and maybe someone like Todd Cantwell.

In reality, nothing changes overnight but really, the successful projects like Liverpool's take time as we know. And that's why Arteta was the better choice over Mourinho.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Feel like majority of our players will be safe next season under Arteta.

A few additions but dont see a massive clear out of the first team.

Chambers, Luiz, Holdini, Mustafi (unless we release) are all safe next season.
Torreira, Xhaka, Özil, Kola, Bellerin, Lacazette and Pepe are also here to stay. Don't see much of the regular first teamers being shifted bar Sokratis and PEA. Seeing the wishlist thread is jokes when people think we are going to overhaul.

Really glad Arteta proved me wrong and is showing why those in the know rated him as the next best thing.
#inject it

Would think with Saliba coming in and rumors were targeting at least one more more CB that we'll see some movement out. Ideally Mustafi.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom