• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I am not disagreeing with you. But 250 mil is a bit too much. But he definitely needs a bigger contract right now
Sounds huge now, but in three years time? Remember how we nearly got Suarez for £40 million? Wasn't that long ago. Neymar and Mbappe already went for over £150 million. Transfers will continue to grow more expensive.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The next three league games you would normally describe as winnable - Burnley (A), Newcastle (H), Everton (H) - except we've only won 1 in the last 8.

If we can pick ourselves up, and we will have Auba back too if he doesn't leave, I could see us grab at least 7 points here which might push us into the top six.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
The next three league games you would normally describe as winnable - Burnley (A), Newcastle (H), Everton (H) - except we've only won 1 in the last 8.

If we can pick ourselves up, and we will have Auba back too if he doesn't leave, I could see us grab at least 7 points here which might push us into the top six.

Think we can get all nine here. Newcastle have improved but we've got enough to bet them I feel.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don't think Luiz's penalty was red. Mustafi was actually back and on the line of the goal. They never showed an adequate camera angle after the fact and the commentators just automatically accepted it as is. Very questionable.
I was thinking the same thing watching the highlights. Mustafi was definitely back and could have blocked a shot. Not sure why this wasn't reviewed by VAR.

Well, no! I know exactly why. It because the corrupt refs have it in for us. We are not getting the rub of the green on a single referee decision over the last 5-6 games. It's like we are playing not just against the other team but against the refs also. It's so frustrating. Really hope club and Arteta start raising a god awful stink about it. It's beyond the pale by now.

zilfy

Think we can get all nine here. Newcastle have improved but we've got enough to bet them I feel.
That's my thinking too. And I dont think you can write off top 4 until after these 3 matches. Chelsea have 3 very difficult matches and could potentially be limited to 2 or less points. If we get all 9 the race is back on!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Wow, how proud I am of the guys after that effort, we showed a fighting attitude today & it paid off. Arteta seems to have brought in so much to this team compared to the past. Our captain leading from the front, thats what real captains can & should do. Now, what do shots do, how many times do we have to say, you shoot & you can score, thats the only way to score. Seems like we sign a few more players of Artetas choice & we may be close to getting our real Arsenal back. Bellerin MOTM, Martinelli a top effort once again, how I love this kid. Saka really standing up to out of his normal position. Being consistent in that position aswell. COYG!

m-due

If we turned some of those 12 draws, the most in the league into wins, we would be very high in the table. It has been a weird season for everyone bar Liverpool. Bring it on Burnley.

Let's play Aubamawang

Maybe I just imagined it, but I thought they were doing away with the whole triple punishment for giving away penalties as the last man? We went a man down, conceded from the penalty and now Luiz will be banned. That's three punishments last time I checked. Did they just change their minds on it or something?

CJJ

Established Member
Don't think Luiz's penalty was red. Mustafi was actually back and on the line of the goal. They never showed an adequate camera angle after the fact and the commentators just automatically accepted it as is. Very questionable.
I think Luiz gets a red for not playing the ball, it had nothing to do with Mustafi.

And even so, at the point of the foul, Mustafi is not "at" the line. He ends up there when Abraham falls to the ground, but thats after the foul has been committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom