• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-23s Thread

Impact

Established Member
DSC_6309_20200117123229239.JPG

Charlie Patino, 16, training with the first team.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
so little interest being shown these days on AM - the current crop of posters seem more interested in scoring points off each other than our youngsters putting 3 past Leicester

sad days

so little interest being shown these days on AM - the current crop of posters seem more interested in scoring points off each other than our youngsters putting 3 past Leicester

sad days

I always go to Jeorge Bird twitter and his last post was 9 hours ago... He is a dreadful human being to follow about the academy. One of the worst. Are there some better twitter guys with the academy?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I am such a mark that I subscribed to the free 30-day trial on Man City's website to watch our U23 game tonight as I can't go to the Emirates tonight. If anyone else has f*ck all to do, can also do the same.

The two big headlines this evening for this game is that Leroy Sane is in City's lineup making his comeback from an ACL injury and Miguel Azeez is the only name confirmed to be starting for us tonight as we haven't put out our team news. That's the very first start at this level for him and a big game in which to make that start. So it will be incredibly interesting to see!

EDIT: here's a link from Twitter

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This could be a good watch! Nelson involved. Would be great to see Smith, Azeez, Nelson and Coyle in the same team tonight.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Maitland-Niles!

Quelle Surprise :lol:

So set-up should be:

Macey
Swanson Clarke Mari Medley
Smith Azeez
AMN Cottrell Coyle
Balogun
That's an intriguing blend of Technique and athleticism in the front 4 particularly, with 2 very able passers behind them. This will be a really interesting game, with some obvious planned changes as both Holding and Nelson are on the bench most likely to get some fitness before Monday.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This gets even more peculiar :lol:

So AMN is at left back and Zech Medley is playing left wing, where he used to play before turning into a CB. Meanwhile, Sane is up against Zak Swanson who has Trae Coyle in front of him.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

This gets even more peculiar :lol:

So AMN is at left back and Zech Medley is playing left wing, where he used to play before turning into a CB. Meanwhile, Sane is up against Zak Swanson who has Trae Coyle in front of him.

Medley in wing? Sorry if I'm wrong, isn't he slow for a winger?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I enjoyed that half of football a lot. It's 1-1 with 2nd half about to kick off.

Swanson has surprisingly dealt really well with Sane. Balogun scored a really good finish that nearly took the goal with the ball with how hard he hit it. He's got a real powerful finish with both feet. Could be a phenomenal striker.

Matt Smith is the best player on the park, with Trae Coyle close behind him. Harry Clarke has looked really good - he's been more impressive than Mari in fact. Miguel Azeez has grown into the half and looks really comfortable, physically and technically. I would say he's not ready for first team football quite yet though, still a lot he needs to learn and do at this level first.

AMN has looked sharp at times but got caught upfield a few times. Zech Medley has probably been the least impressive on the park, while Cottrell has worked tirelessly and done pretty decently when he's had possession.

City's goal was quite lucky as they got a corner and it fell to Bernabe who shot from outside the box and it hit the post then Macey before going in. We've pressed well and countered well, made all the best chances and should be winning.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So we lost the game 4-2 despite dominating for the vast majority of the game. Disappointing loss but encouraging performances from some.

I really enjoyed Matt Smith's performance, and although he tired towards the end, he battled hard, controlled proceedings when in possession and took up increasingly clever positions to receive the pass. Miguel Azeez was also very good at doing the same things and while he wasn't quite as accomplished as Smith, he proved he is not far away from standing out at this level. He played some excellent one-twos and passes round the corner.

Harry Clarke was our best CB, which is telling as he was partnered by both Pablo Mari and Rob Holding. He appeared to be the more dominant force in the match compared to the others. Mari looked OK to be fair to him, but Holding was EXTREMELY rusty and his ponderous play led to City getting opportunities to score, which they unfortunately took. Macey made some decent saves but also was culpable for two of their goals.

I didn't think Medley had a very good game, his passing was very hit and miss. On the opposite flank, Zak Swanson had a really good game and kept Sane quiet. We looked vulnerable when he had to go off for cramp. He is surprising me every game. Seems like a bit of a Jenkinson on first glance but he's very secure technically and doesn't have trouble dealing with pace despite not being very fast.

Reiss Nelson came on in the 2nd half and looked good. Sharper than he has looked in a while, controlled the attack until City got their equalizer. Want to see him bring some of this confidence into the first team.

Trae Coyle and Flo Balogun were dangerous all game and I'm so happy that Trae Coyle is getting his groove back. He was arguably our biggest threat in attack - some great dribbling and passing from him. Balogun scored 2 very smart finishes and did excellently running the channels.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
So we lost the game 4-2 despite dominating for the vast majority of the game. Disappointing loss but encouraging performances from some.

I really enjoyed Matt Smith's performance, and although he tired towards the end, he battled hard, controlled proceedings when in possession and took up increasingly clever positions to receive the pass. Miguel Azeez was also very good at doing the same things and while he wasn't quite as accomplished as Smith, he proved he is not far away from standing out at this level. He played some excellent one-twos and passes round the corner.

Harry Clarke was our best CB, which is telling as he was partnered by both Pablo Mari and Rob Holding. He appeared to be the more dominant force in the match compared to the others. Mari looked OK to be fair to him, but Holding was EXTREMELY rusty and his ponderous play led to City getting opportunities to score, which they unfortunately took. Macey made some decent saves but also was culpable for two of their goals.

I didn't think Medley had a very good game, his passing was very hit and miss. On the opposite flank, Zak Swanson had a really good game and kept Sane quiet. We looked vulnerable when he had to go off for cramp. He is surprising me every game. Seems like a bit of a Jenkinson on first glance but he's very secure technically and doesn't have trouble dealing with pace despite not being very fast.

Reiss Nelson came on in the 2nd half and looked good. Sharper than he has looked in a while, controlled the attack until City got their equalizer. Want to see him bring some of this confidence into the first team.

Trae Coyle and Flo Balogun were dangerous all game and I'm so happy that Trae Coyle is getting his groove back. He was arguably our biggest threat in attack - some great dribbling and passing from him. Balogun scored 2 very smart finishes and did excellently running the channels.

Matt Smith is an interesting prospect. Really glad we have some talented midfielders coming up. Azeez, Smith, Patino and Bandeira.

Hope Smith can get some action in the 20/21 pre-season. To me Balogun has more talent than Nketiah.

I know we have to give all the young forwards chances, but Balogun and Sam Greenwood have the biggest upside imo.

Although I do like John Jules too. Do you think Coyle can still make it here?

Afro Mugo

I really hope Clarke one day plays for the first team. I'm longing for at least one defender to get in. I had really high hopes for Ballard but he's got injured at the wrong time. I assume Clarke was the captain of the night as I like his vocalness on the pitch and passing ability with both feet.

Afro Mugo

Matt Smith is an interesting prospect. Really glad we have some talented midfielders coming up. Azeez, Smith, Patino and Bandeira.

Hope Smith can get some action in the 20/21 pre-season. To me Balogun has more talent than Nketiah.

I know we have to give all the young forwards chances, but Balogun and Sam Greenwood have the biggest upside imo.

Although I do like John Jules too. Do you think Coyle can still make it here?
Coyle needs a lot of Iwobi like dominos to fall in place to make it. When this 01 group was a bit younger he was the standout talent but injuries have slowed his progress as he lost a lot of confidence. Good to hear he's regaining it. He was really good and had everything technique power pace flair . On pure technique, he might be the best youngster followed by Azeez and Taylor-Hart . He needs a very good loan.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom