• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Cazorla and Lauren were established players but fair to say that Martinelli, Bellerin and that creep Fabregas were great finds.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d rest him for Nketiah against Bournemouth then if Lacazette still hasn’t found form by Burnley give him the start with Auba.

Important thing is not to run him into the ground, he’s stepped up very well in Auba’s absence though.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Love a counter-attacking goal like that. The way he jumps on every loose ball and takes the opposition on at pace is something we badly miss and is very difficult to stop. Martinelli, Pepe and Auba on paper should scare the nuts off any team. Arteta must translate that on the pitch

Manberg

Predator
Cazorla and Lauren were established players but fair to say that Martinelli, Bellerin and that creep Fabregas were great finds.

Scouts job is not just to recommend future stars but to recommend established players to the manager too. Ever played football manager?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Think people are getting carried away with this he'll be gone in two years for a huge price tag . I am very sure he will still be here in 3-4 years imo .
If we still suck in 3 years and he reaches his potential, and is tired of not having a chance of winning anything. You think he'll still be here?

If we start to dominate he'll stay, maybe. Hard to stop a kid with Real madrid banging on the door though.

Pepes blue pill

I’d rest him for Nketiah against Bournemouth then if Lacazette still hasn’t found form by Burnley give him the start with Auba.

Important thing is not to run him into the ground, he’s stepped up very well in Auba’s absence though.

No way I want him getting kicked to pieces v burnley, sean brexit dyche probs already planning it

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Probably what you folks don’t wanna hear right now, but....

This kid could go for 200m if he keeps it up.
He could still end up at Aston Villa you never know, that’s the mad thing about young players.

Think this season he’s having is equal to (if not worse) than Rashford’s debut season and up until a few months ago a lot of United fans were calling him a flop.

Plenty of ups and downs to come, unless he literally does an Anelka. Cries of him leaving in just two seasons are super premature. Mbappe (sorry to bring him up again) took a team to the CL semis and then was one of the best players at the World Cup in order to earn a move to PSG. The super teams won’t come calling for a while.

Trigger

Absolutely vital to manage him correctly. I’m unsure of his background but a stand out characteristic for me is his hunger/desire...does a big money contract so soon (that changes his and his families lives forever) take away some of that hunger? I think not, he strikes me as a player determined to make it to the top but you never know how the money can influence these things at such a young age. But at the same time we need to protect our assets and he is our biggest asset imo. Tough call for the management.

I don’t think we need to worry about overplaying him at such a young age though. Selfish as it his it’s highly unlikely he’ll see out his career here, we need to squeeze what we can from him.

Interesting to see how he is handled but atm I’m just excited to see such a great young player here!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He could still end up at Aston Villa you never know, that’s the mad thing about young players.

Think this season he’s having is equal to (if not worse) than Rashford’s debut season and up until a few months ago a lot of United fans were calling him a flop.

Plenty of ups and downs to come, unless he literally does an Anelka. Cries of him leaving in just two seasons are super premature. Mbappe (sorry to bring him up again) took a team to the CL semis and then was one of the best players at the World Cup in order to earn a move to PSG. The super teams won’t come calling for a while.

This is it plenty of up's and downs , kid can still do a lo of work on touch , vision and weight of pass . Where his talent is just an uncanny ability to sniff out a goal , superb in the box and superb in the air . Reminds me of an old school 9 like Shearer :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
The super teams won’t come calling for a while.

I disagree honestly. You don't need to do much these days as a kid to get the big teams coming after. I know you cited Mbappe but he actually moved to PSG the season before the WC, it was that season at Monaco that got him the move. And then you also have Felix, € 126 millon for one season of top flight football and not even a top league at that. When he was 20 Dembele moved for € 150 million after one season at Dortmund and one at Rennes. Madrid spending 50 and 60 millon on who kids from Brazil. 18-22 seems to be the new prime/premium age for transfers.

If Martinelli carries on this form I wouldn't at all be surprised if more than a few super clubs try their luck in a season or two.

Scored 2 goals in 2 since people were saying he wasnt ready for PL.

I agree he should be protected but this kid is everything. Either he carries us to glory or we are gonna get 200M for him later. Gonna up my rating of the transfer window to 10!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Scored 2 goals in 2 since people were saying he wasnt ready for PL.

I agree he should be protected but this kid is everything. Either he carries us to glory or we are gonna get 200M for him later. Gonna up my rating of the transfer window to 10!
Knowing Arsenal we'll waste his potential for 2 years by not winning anything and then sell him off for a pack of crisps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom