• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciscoo

Was he ever a permanent LB during his youth days? The lad does sound like he has some defensive qualities about him. He's hard working, he's hard to beat 1-1.

He usually plays LB for England, so he has some pedigree. He’s trusted there despite always playing above his age group, which is all the more impressive.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I keep looking over at Trent playing RB for Liverpool and thinking how crucial it is to have such a weapon in that kind of position. I don't think we lose anything by playing him there, he plays virtually the same game either as a LB or LW. He could quite easily be both rather than just one. I think as an LB he could be different gravy though. Great comp for Tierney. Think this allows us to shift Kolasinac aswell.

Left side definitely sown up quite nicely with our options, but we still need a more dynamic midfield to aid them in getting the ball in dangerous positions.
Yeah I wasn’t too keen on him as a winger just because of the ridiculous skill level required to be a top class winger. Probably more due to seeing other super talented wingers struggle at senior level rather than seeing Saka fail but that’s a post for another day.

As a fullback though....he’s got everything. You wouldn’t have to worry about him offensively due to the wingers skill set then in addition to that he’s a physical beast. More than the pace it’s his strength that shocks me, at 21+ he’s going to be a rock.

Looking at Ricardo at Leicester but with a better cross and shot as the fullback he could be.

If he can develop a better defensive game, I can see a great future for him at LB. As a winger, he's very meh.

He is actually very capable wide forward. Can be a real terror in the final third. At 18 in PL he hasnt been able to show it yet. But his confidence is growing. He is starting to use his physique more and more.

It will be interesting to see how he does when Arteta tries him there again!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He plays the same in an attacking sense whether he’s LW or LB. I love the simplicity of his game- he’s not got twinkle toes but he’s very affective and has a lot of running power.

If he works on the defensive side of his game (not to say he’s defensively poor, his numbers are very good) then he could be a hell of a LB or even a LWB.

Him and Bellerin both looked good on the overlap from full back positions. Could be a weapon going forward.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He can be a good offensive LB. I don't know, but at this point I believe that Tierney dude was become somewhat redundant with Saka's explosion.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would love to see him on the plane for England. I’m being 100% serious and not in anyway hyperbolic when I say he’s better than Chilwell and Rose.

People are way too obsessed with positions, on paper he’s a left back but if you watch the game he’s mostly left wing. Same with Trent and Dani Alves, they’re out on the right wing. Let’s just be grateful one of our own is getting minutes and recognition

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He can be a good offensive LB. I don't know, but at this point I believe that Tierney dude was become somewhat redundant with Saka's explosion.
Yeah, imagine if we had another Bellerin/Debuchy situation. That could be a really interesting headache for Arteta.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Only issue I see with him playing at LB is that he is letting players to cross easily. Most of the crosses came from the left today as well. He squares up with the man he is defending against, but when they cross, he barely closes them down. I still have hopes on him to be a top class LW as well. That shot power..uff. Will be amazing if he goes through a Bale like transformation with his pace and physique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom