• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Scouts job is not just to recommend future stars but to recommend established players to the manager too. Ever played football manager?
Yes of course but it's easier to recommend Messi than a 16 year old tyro.

Nope. Championship Manager was my game and I retired after taking Ards into the third round of the UEFA Cup.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This kid is a special, special talent and imo can be as good as he wants to be. Does he want to be as good as Hazard? Henry?

He needs to work hard and keep putting in the performances but the sky is the limit for this lad.

Also of interest (from Wiki):

"In the following game, Martinelli scored in a 2-2 away draw at Chelsea; his goal involved a 67-yard direct sprint across the field to net Arsenal's first equalizer. The goal made Martinelli the first teenager to reach double figures in a single season for Arsenal since Nicolas Anelka.[26]"

That's pretty cool.

Also interesting to see him actually outsprint Pepe with the ball, although I suspect Pepe was trying to stay onside for a potential tap-in he didn't look like he was jogging

Vantastico

Leading the pack.

Don't mind if everyone on that picture was in our core-squad next season, either.
(Although obviously I would sell XhakaLaca for nice fees. For less than £30 & £40m respectively however, not sure we could replace them easily).

Last edited:

juice man

Can't make his mind up
The way he took that opportunity shows how much potential he has. Not an ounce of doubt from his first touch to his finish. He’s got the tools to be an elite player.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
I don’t want to spoil the fun but watch the second touch. There was a lot of luck there.
Would agree there was some fortune in the second touch when he went past Kante. But I’m not really talking about the technical side of it, rather the mentality of the kid. So composed. Didn’t look for a second that he would miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom