• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Would think with Saliba coming in and rumors were targeting at least one more more CB that we'll see some movement out. Ideally Mustafi.
We've been trying to sell him for 2 windows IIRC, i think he is going to get a chance to prove himself. He needs some serious coaching and if Xhaka can turn it around then I don't see us having any other option.

The guy is hard to shift since most teams would already know his record. His wages etc make it more difficult.

Arteta said he will make use of what he has and he seems to have stuck to it. It is looking good for our first team for next season. Saliba will take a while to settle in and absorb the pace of the PL.

Saliba, Chambers and Holdini are ones for the future.

Edit: More likely that the players out on loan will be gone.

Manberg

Predator
Performances home and away have been at a similar standard too. There’s not been this huge gulf of differences like under Emery.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I still believe believe top 4 is doable under Arteta. Man utd's top scorer, Chelsea's top scorer and even Sp**s' top scorer all have medium term injuries (with rashford most likely out for the rest of the season). We can capitalize on it.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is aiming for qualification to the CL and said as much

I take that to mean he will try and win EL and do his best to move to 4th. Both are a big ask.

If we start winning soon who knows. Just need a bit of things to go our way

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
The Board need to get off their laurels and support him now, he is pushing this group of players as much as he can, If we can get a decent CB and cover for Torreira we can definitely push for top four.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I just realized we played with 10 men twice in the span of 10 days and not for a moment did we look like bottling it. Both away from home as well.
Good point! Although we are riding some rotten luck and the refs really have it in for us, we are solid and stay in shape. Think we can be proud of the boys! At least I am really happy. In a short time Arteta has put a real stamp on the team.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I still believe believe top 4 is doable under Arteta. Man utd's top scorer, Chelsea's top scorer and even Sp**s' top scorer all have medium term injuries (with rashford most likely out for the rest of the season). We can capitalize on it.

Yeah unlike most I don’t think top 4 is gone. Simply because all our “rivals” are equally as inconsistent as us. We simply need to turn these draws into wins and we’ll soon be in the conversation.

A 3/4 game winning run could make all the difference.

zilfy

Yeah unlike most I don’t think top 4 is gone. Simply because all our “rivals” are equally as inconsistent as us. We simply need to turn these draws into wins and we’ll soon be in the conversation.

I just finished watching the Manu and tottenham games- God they're awful.

Chelsea's early season new manager bounce is clearly over too- we definitely have a chance

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Went on to google to check the Premier League table as I was curious to see how many goals we've conceded & was absolutely gobsmacked to see that we've only won 6 games so far this season!! The only teams worse than us are Watford & Norwich in 19/20 places respectively.

Astounding & alarming at equal rate, the only reason we're not lower in the table is the ridiculous number of draws we have. We're in a state I can only remember in that dreadful Bruce Rioch campaign & even then, at times it wasn't as bad as this.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. If we can go on a mini-run, I think it will put us back in the conversation for top 4

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Theres no evidence to suggest we can go on a run. No game is easy and when we play the lower teams we cant find a win.

Also look at our last 6 game

Last 6 games
Wolves away
Leciester home
Sp**s away
Liverpool home
Villa away
Watford home

Those bottom teams could be fighting for their lives. The others maybe apart from Liverpool will all be fighting for something.

Ans those games will be sandwiched between potential Europa league matches. We have missed the boat for top 4. The run we needed was straight after Arteta a little bounce.

Beat Chelsea at home, beat united at home, beat sheffield at home and pick up something away. That didnt happen.

Theres no evidence to suggest we can go on a run. No game is easy and when we play the lower teams we cant find a win.

Last 6 games
Wolves away
Leciester home
Sp**s away
Liverpool home
Villa away
Watford home

Those bottom teams could be fighting for their lives. The others maybe apart from Liverpool will all be fighting for something.

Ans those games will be sandwiched between potential Europa league matches. We have missed the boat for top 4. The run we needed was straight after Arteta a little bounce.

Beat Chelsea at home, beat united at home, beat sheffield at home and pick up something away. That didnt happen.

Agree but you might be wrong about Liverpool. They might still be fighting for unbeaten season!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Agree but you might be wrong about Liverpool. They might still be fighting for unbeaten season!

Not forgetting we, actually might, be fighting for our Premier League status at that stage.

People will laugh it off, but all it takes is a few results & we'll find ourselves farther down the table.

It's not far fetched either as there're only 4 points seperating 5th place & 14th :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Anyone seen this before https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/? No idea of it is proven to be at all accurate but has has being stuck around where we are in the league and <1% chance of top 4. It's a bit weird being we are 4 points off 5th.

Although I think it has us drawing most of our remaining games which at this point is a fair shout

That sounds about right to me. While we are only 4 points off 5th, crucially we are 10 points off 4th with only 14 games left. Considering we haven't put in any winning runs so far this season it is unlikely we suddenly go on a massive winning run. Even then you need Chelsea to keep dropping points like they are currently. It is more likely they will put in a mini winning run like they did earlier in the season at some point during these last 14 games. Even if all of that happens we could still not make 4th if any of the 6 teams between us and 4th place matches our points from now on. As you can see it is really a tall order. Not impossible but we need a minor miracle.

Lol on that link we have more chance to be relegated (1%) than to make top 4 (<1%).

Pepes blue pill

Last 6 games
Wolves away
Leciester home
Sp**s away
Liverpool home
Villa away
Watford home

Yep you get the usual crap about its better to be positive blah blah blah but its better to be a realist sometimes and this is one of them, we have won 6 games all season and we aint going on a big winning run, whilst everyone else continues to **** up, we simply aint getting top 4, we are not good enough atm

As long as I keep seeing the fight and hopefully more progress under arteta I will be happy, cup runs would be nice as well, if we could win one that be amazing but im not expecting that either

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we'll do enough to stay in the Premier League and then use that cohesion and confidence to build for a Europa League run.

I have seen enough to suggest that Arteta can get the boys playing effective football for the rest of the season. Our issues are clear at the moment and you also see them being addressed in subsequent games.

It starts with a win of course and I can see us really kicking on once we get successive wins under our belt.

Prediction;

57 points for the season (6/7th place)
Europa League semi finals
FA Cup semi final appearance at Wembley

Latest posts+

Top Bottom