• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would like to see him in the FA CUP against Bournmouth in a DLP role with Guendouzi and Willock as no10.

Moah

Most probable reason is Arteta not willing to work on a player who won't be staying long. I liked the guy but the cleaning of the slates didn't do him any favor.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Most probable reason is Arteta not willing to work on a player who won't be staying long. I liked the guy but the cleaning of the slates didn't do him any favor.
Disagree, think the situation we are in Arteta will use anyone that is useful. Also there is a chance we can keep him.

He’s not playing because he’s ****.

Moah

Disagree, think the situation we are in Arteta will use anyone that is useful. Also there is a chance we can keep him.

He’s not playing because he’s ****.

That's one possible reason, but I'm sure he won't be missed much, if any. Tbf, I haven't seen him play that well apart from his home debut.

Manberg

Predator
I can list 3 reasons he hasn't featured.
1) Arteta's not very interested in spending time coaching a player who won't be here next season
2) He's a backup for Özil, no point in him playing when Özil is fit.
3) He's a Real Madrid boy and Arteta is a Barcelona man.

Underhill

You can't do much about his first few months given Emery + injury.
I hope there's a good reason why we dont let him prove himself now though. If he is open about not wanting to consider signing for us, then i understand the reluctance. But i really think we are missing an opportunity here. Wouldnt be surprised to see him turn into a high quality player somewhere else.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can list 3 reasons he hasn't featured.
1) Arteta's not very interested in spending time coaching a player who won't be here next season
2) He's a backup for Özil, no point in him playing when Özil is fit.
3) He's a Real Madrid boy and Arteta is a Barcelona man.
Another one of your nonsense lists. He’s not playing because he’s crap, stick that on your ****ing list.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

There's talk of us looking to make more loan signings so it can't be that

pacstud

So we're clear @GDeep™ , anyone not starting is ****?

So Nketiah is ****?
Nelson is ****?
ESR is ****?

I think if Ceballos were a CB he'd be playing. It's not just talent, it's also talent based on position. Right now our midfield is performing at an average level (which is a massive improvement). So he's sticking with those guys.

I think the other point, he's a loanee, becomes valid ceteris paribus.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He’s won player of the tournament for the UEFA U21 Championships. You don’t do that if you’re not good.

There's actually a lot of U-tournament standout performers who didn't kick on. Thing is: Guy's deadset a dlp but has been played higher up in all his Arsenal games and when deployed deeper he was too much of a ballhugger with lots of useless turns and twists trying to make ground, but when you saw him at that U21 that's exactly what he's not. He's not a Cazorla style central mid, he's actually more of a Xhaka type with better feet. Rather disappointed by him, but then again maybe he's just not that good.

This stuff also points to the imbalane in central midfield: There's basically two dlps in Xhaka and Ceballos, one ballwinner in Torreira and with Guendouzi one guy who isn't anything at the moment plus Willock who "was" a B2B but who's confidence has been shot, and so basically no B2B at all.

Tbh honest the last really good balanced midfield duo was Ramsey and Arteta. Both could pass and break lines either via movement or passing, Aaron's off the ball movement is sublime, Arteta could read the game, it wasn't easy to target just one of them. With Cazorla Couelin - as good as it looked and worked most of the time, I guess - it was at times stupidly easy for opponents to target Cazorla cause Francis was so limited on the ball.

If you don't want to swap the whole midfield you need to play with a 3 I'd say. None of the midfielders at the club right now are complete enough for a double pivot in a side that wants to have the ball and play technical footie.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's impossible to determine how good he is because he's hardly played. His first game was great after that he didn't do that much but then he didn't play that much.

If there is no interest either way in making the relationship permanent he might as well leave now. It's an expensive waste to keep a guy who barely plays and who won't feature in next season's plans.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I agree with those saying we really haven't seen enough to judge him at Arsenal. I think he showed promising glimpses of technical skill and a good attitude. I think he could do well in our team right now.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You would think by the noise coming from Ceballos hes either been told he isnt really in Artetas plans or he sees that for himself based on what he hears and sees in training.

Now if it is the latter and he just thinks it's going to be hard for me to get a run in the team send him back now. It shows that his mentality is weak and he isnt up for the fight. Hes so worried about the Euros yet the main part of his career club football is lacking.

Should be showing his quality in training and leaving Arteta no option but to play him.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Ceballos isn't adapted to the Premier League. He has a good character, he is a good passer player but he isn't fit and ready to play 90 minutes... I rather that he leaves and we don't pay more his wage

So, thanks and good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom