• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal | Monday, January 27 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

m-due

play the C team and move on. win or lose. no player comes to a top EPL club saying "Gee, I really want to win the FA cup". Thing has zero merit. Maybe for the smaller clubs incl lower divisions but honestly, who cares?

The last few years, even the smaller clubs in the PL have started to rest majority of their first 11 and focus on their next league game. The only club that I have seen that have been consistent with picking a stronger side apart from the goalkeeper is Man City. That’s why they have been successful with the domestic cups in recent times. They will start Bravo and Foden but rest assured their key players will start too. Lool definitely a directive from the owners to amass every trophy out there. Arteta will probably have the same mentality and field a fairly strong squad.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
play the C team and move on. win or lose. no player comes to a top EPL club saying "Gee, I really want to win the FA cup". Thing has zero merit. Maybe for the smaller clubs incl lower divisions but honestly, who cares?
perhaps it's difficult to understand if you live outside the UK what this cup means to a lot of people - the fact the semis and final are on the BBC means more people get to watch and because the BBC has lost the right to show almost all other live matches, they make a big deal out of it, and always have done

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Even in the UK the FA Cup has lost some of it's magic though, the final used to dominate BBC 1 for the entire day but they scrapped that

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From AFC.com

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Suspended. Further to receiving a red card at Crystal Palace (a) on January 11, suspended for Monday's game at Bournemouth.

Calum Chambers
Left knee. Ruptured anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee during Chelsea (h) on December 29. Successful surgery completed. Rehabilitation process expected to take between six and nine months.

Sead Kolasinac
Left thigh strain. Hoping to return to full training in the winter break period after Burnley (a) on February 2.

David Luiz
Suspended. Further to receiving red card at Chelsea (a) on January 21, suspended for Monday's game at Bournemouth.

Reiss Nelson
Right hamstring. Hoping to return to full training in the winter break period after Burnley (a) on February 2.

Sokratis
Back in full training further to illness. Being assessed ahead of Bournemouth (a).

Kieran Tierney
Right shoulder. Dislocated right shoulder during West Ham Utd (a) on December 9. Successful surgery completed. Good progress being made in rehabilitation process with participation in regular outdoor fitness sessions. Aiming to return to full training in March.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Could be 5 defenders and our lead scorer out ffs, depending on Sokratis coming back from his viral infection.

Arteta luck!

Let's play Aubamawang

We're obviously not winning the league this year and based on current form, top 4 is highly unlikely too. Which leaves the FA Cup and Europa as priorities. Obviously the latter would give us a back door to CL football, but it can't hurt for a new coach to instill a winning formula. If teams want to play their second or third string, let them. Play our strongest team (within reason) and go for glory imo.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

perhaps it's difficult to understand if you live outside the UK what this cup means to a lot of people - the fact the semis and final are on the BBC means more people get to watch and because the BBC has lost the right to show almost all other live matches, they make a big deal out of it, and always have done
Winning the FA Cup is cool I guess. I’ll take the win as a fan, sure... But when Arsenal is hovering around mid table, struggling at home to newly promoted teams it’s hard to get excited about a trophy that won’t attract top talent.

besides, I’m from the land of the prince and Markle sparkles new adopted homeland. Same ****

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine not loving this great competition, could never be me!

:lol:

Manberg

Predator
I'd love to win the cup, absolutely love to. I rank it much higher the league cup and the community shield.

However, I can't see us beating Liverpool or City further down. Hopefully we won't have to.

remains

Was lucky enough to be at Wembley for our last FA cup win vs Chelsea. The Arsenal end of the stadium was rocking from start to finish and the mayhem when Ramsey scored the winner... safe to say I’ll never forget that day.

Don’t understand why you would play a weakened team here, we have almost a week off after. For me, winning trophies are the moments that stick in the memory as an Arsenal fan.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
However, I can't see us beating Liverpool or City further down. Hopefully we won't have to.

Liverpool are almost certain to play their reserves. Even in the last round against Everton when bragging rights were at stake Klopp fielded exclusively reserves and youngsters. He did the same last year.

City you are right. Guardiola would play his big hitters even against an amateur side.

Go full on for this....If we carry on the way we are the FA cup might be our only route into Europe. lets not forget we are 10th not 6th or 7th. Wolves and Sheff U seem more likely then us to win most weeks.

Lets go on a good cup run.

roz

Fake News Merchant
For me we should try and get Lacazette back in form seen as this is the last game of Auba’s suspension.

Martinelli played two hard games so probably should be rested as should Bellerin seen as it’s his first game back.

For me the optimal line up that should be good enough to compete would be:

Martinez
AMN Holding Sokratis Saka
Guendo Torreira
Willock
Pepe Nketiah Lacazette

Looks a bit weird I know. I’d also consider Ceballos for one of the midfield spots but we do need Torreira as cover in there or it would be way too open.
Agree.
Would leave Torreira out though. Needs a rest and is pivotal for us. They will surely be rotating lots themselves considering their relegation scrap. We can win without him considering.

roz

Fake News Merchant
People turning their nose up at this :frustrated::facepalm: luckily Arteta is smarter than you losers
Its a major trophy! Granted its not Champs league or Prem but its next after those 2.
Would be an incredible achievement to win a trophy after our first half of a train wreck season and would do wonders for the teams mentality and confidence. Get past Bournemouth with a mix of first team and back up, repeat until we win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom