• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Another Ligue 1 bum, depressing stuff.
scoobygdeep-fast.gif

Bloodbather

Established Member

I wouldn't be upset at this if it's for a good price. I think Lemar needs a change of scenery, more specifically a change in the style of football.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banter explained this at length already earlier in the thread

I’m probably the worst Atletico fan to ask seen as I love Tommy but I think he’s been totally misused by Simeone.

The main system of pressing we’ve come up against is teams matching our formation and pressing us high and marking man to man.

Often they’ll send blocks of four after whoever has the ball out on the byline, completely cutting out the passing lanes from the back four to the wide players as you can see below and completely choke their service. Lemar’s in the square just above the centre circle.

Alaves-high-wide-block-3.png

To negate this, the obvious strategy is to bring the wide players inside and create overloads in the middle to disrupt the press.

When we have say Koke or Saúl on the flanks this isn’t an issue as they’re more than happy playing in the middle. Lemar though struggles in the middle of the pitch, he’s a winger who is great at beating his man and putting lethal balls into the box or running into space.

Playing such a rigid attacking pattern means he’s completely useless for us, he hasn’t been great but in the right system still think there’s a great player in there.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Wonderful! Just what we were missing in the first XI a(nother) small, un-athletic, non goal scorer who made their name in League 1.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Does seem like it's been a while since we (successfully) took on players like Henry and Bergkamp who underperformed elsewhere.

Still, will keep an open mind. We're very different to how a Simeone side is setup

Top Bottom