• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wow. Ok :lol:

Watched clip of his game v Liverpool the other day. Looks pretty assured and good in the air but looks slow and I'm getting kinda tired of Arsenal always signing slow guys. Can we get some faster guys in the team please?

Still, as long as he can defend and not look stupid when passing the ball forward I'm happy.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Such a weird one. This could so easily be a bust, only thing that makes the remotest sense is that Arteta has likely worked with him. But even then he was always on loan, so how much time could they have really spent together. Hope Mikel has seen something here; besides the last 6 months at Flamengo that's all we really have to go off of. Thankfully I do have some faith in Arteta's judgement.

Malky

Established Member
What the **** is going on? We're signing a CB where the only positives is he's 6'4 and not Mustafi. The negatives is he's slow as ****, poor positioning, not a ball playing CB and he's 26 with less first team experience than some teenagers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hard to see us kick on next season if we’re banking on this guy and Saliba to step up at CB.

Goonger

Hard to see us kick on next season if we’re banking on this guy and Saliba to step up at CB.

Saliba is the 2nd coming of Rio, with a sprinkling of Van Dijk. Even if you pair him with Igor Stepanovs we'll be flying. :eek:ops:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saliba is the 2nd coming of Rio, with a sprinkling of Van Dijk. Even if you pair him with Igor Stepanovs we'll be flying. :eek:ops:
Van Dijk joined Liverpool at 26, Rio went to Utd at 24.

Saliba will need time to reach those levels, if ever.

Miracetti

Yeah, like I said, poverty.
The Premier League is stronger, but Flamengo is better than Arsenal. And Mari is better than your CBs. The only teams in the league stronger than Flamengo are Liverpool and City. You have a great history, but you need to face reality in order to change things.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So Arteta saying he only wants to bring someone in who he's convinced can improve the levels that Arsenal have atm was just talk or do they see him as being talented enough to become a starter for us.

Also Mari was playing for the best team in Brazil so he cant be all bad and they did keep Liverpool at bay for 90 mins with him playing as CB so he might be a diamond that has developed quite late in his career.

Last edited:

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
What the **** is going on? We're signing a CB where the only positives is he's 6'4 and not Mustafi. The negatives is he's slow as ****, poor positioning, not a ball playing CB and he's 26 with less first team experience than some teenagers.

Your judgment is not based on something you have seen but rather on a couple of negative tweets. Do you know that there are some positive tweets aswell?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Who the hell is this sh*t? I worked so hard to convince myself about the Ukranian lad and now we are signing his btec version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom