• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member

That is the trouble with YouTube videos, it's possible to make any player look really good if you pick their best bits. I'm not surprised Mustafi has a good looking video compilation as he is actually a pretty good defender for 88 minutes, it's the disastrous 2 minutes that he has every match that's the problem!

I actually find YouTube videos of central defenders harder to judge than any other position on the pitch. A good solid defender who rarely makes mistakes but doesn't do any flashy could have a far less impressive video than someone like Mustafi who does some things really well and some really badly. At least with midfielders and attackers you can look at things like their first touch, balance, acceleration, do they play with their head up or down etc. With defender videos it always seems to be a series of sliding tackles and 60 yard balls to the winger.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So instead of going for the guy City want, we're signing the guy they got rid of? Nice.
well this doesnt stop us from buying another CB in the summer which might be why we are going through with this transfer imo
Arteta must know his qualities and thinks he can do a job (either as backup or starter)
we will have 8 CBs at the club
but its very likely we sell Mustafi, Movrapanos, Luiz/Sokratis and Chambers has an injury that will keep him out for most of next season.

wait I thought we were buying him

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The second best defense in the league is full of championship players.
Fair point. Maybe Leicester's system protects their defenders just like Liverpool.

But if Arteta is down with it then I'm too

daron christie

We can’t afford it move on it’s ridiculous to compare us with them that ship sailed along time ago...this is our station now and the sooner we accept and give 100% with what our means are the sooner we can start developing towards competing again

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Fair point. Maybe Leicester's system protects their defenders just like Liverpool.

But if Arteta is down with it then I'm too

I meant Sheffield Utd. Only Liverpool have conceded fewer goals.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Loan deal would make no sense he in holiday Brazil season ended in December he'll need 2-3 weeks to get full match sharpness.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He didn't play a single game for City. I read that he didn't even have a single training with City's first team.

Really? Damn. Low risk deal for the rumoured €7M but can he make a significant contribution? I’m willing to give him a chance (as I am with all newbies) but I wonder how much Lewis Dunk would set us back.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So instead of going for the guy City want, we're signing the guy they got rid of? Nice.

Well that's the level we've dropped to, no use pretending we can sign players who are attracted to City, Pool or any other top club. We need to get back to that level and it will take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom