• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So, after we pretty much all can agree on knowing **** all about him the main question for me is pretty much whether this was mainly a buy due to Raul and Edu's connections and links to the market or foremost a push from Arteta due to having him seen in City training and being impressed by his abilities.

Obviously, the second case is much more what would have me convinced that this is indeed a good deal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So glad we're actively signing CB's in order to improve the defence, for so long we seemed to just neglect the area or even if the starting two were good the alternatives were awful. Luiz, Sokratis, Mari this season with Saliba coming next season and Chambers to return from injury seems to be a pretty good set of centre-backs while not really knowing a great deal about Mari.

So glad we're actively signing CB's in order to improve the defence, for so long we seemed to just neglect the area or even if the starting two were good the alternatives were awful. Luiz, Sokratis, Mari this season with Saliba coming next season and Chambers to return from injury seems to be a pretty good set of centre-backs while not really knowing a great deal about Mari.

Unless Mari turns out to be world class its terrible set of center backs we have.

Signing Luiz and Sokratis is the very definition of us neglecting our defense. And Im not sure a player from Brazil league 2 is the answer either.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Some fans are to "crazy" about the world/description slow.

It's look like FIFA or Online Manager, where a player has 50 pace and the other player has 90 pace and the defender has no chance to catch him.

Would be important to know how his accession is, what is his fastest miles per hour measured. Faster on long or short distance?

For example Süle has a slow accession and needs some seconds to gain speed, but on a long distance he is nearly catching every striker. Positional play and defensive structure of our team also to mention of course.

His attributes sound very good, finally a left food and a leader. South American football developed very good, especially Brazilian, Argentinian and you can include Mexico too. Of course Premier League is another level, but with a loan we can't do much wrong.

And 26 really isn't an age. Only Top Class CBs are starters in their young age for top clubs (Varane for example).

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So, after we pretty much all can agree on knowing **** all about him the main question for me is pretty much whether this was mainly a buy due to Raul and Edu's connections and links to the market or foremost a push from Arteta due to having him seen in City training and being impressed by his abilities.

Obviously, the second case is much more what would have me convinced that this is indeed a good deal.

Although it's not ideal to just get whoever is being offered by people you know, it doesn't hurt to use this route too.

Martinelli came this route

TornadoTed

Established Member
Unless Mari turns out to be world class its terrible set of center backs we have.

Signing Luiz and Sokratis is the very definition of us neglecting our defense. And Im not sure a player from Brazil league 2 is the answer either.

Flamengo are comfortably the best team in Brazil and one of the best, if not the best in the whole of South America.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Flamengo are comfortably the best team in Brazil and one of the best, if not the best in the whole of South America.

Yeah exactly they just won the Copa Libertadores and only were unlucky not to win the Club World Cup final against Liverpool.

Yes the step up is still going to be tough but they’re a decent outfit and on the Reddit thread about him a lot of Flamengo fans are saying he’s good.

Balboa

People trying to review a player's career and future prospects based on reading his Wikipedia page....painful stuff to watch....

Hopefully this is a smart transfer as part of a squad build. Arteta already knows the lad....

The people who were creaming their pants about Ceballos in the summer haven't reflected on their inability to judge signings, have doubled down, and decided this is a **** transfer already....

dynst1988

Is this guy as good as Matip though?
Don't make it seem like Matip was bad before coming to Liverpool when he's actually been pretty good before.

No doubt we can't compare their talents, Matip was more highly rated but in hindsight he wasn't well received by Pool fans since he was a free transfer from Shalke 04 and they kept clamoring for a better CB. Remember folks 16/17 season had Lovern and Matip as their starters who did decent but they was in our exact position screaming for Van Dijk who came the following year.

As long as the Edu and the board are targeting a stud CB for the summer. I feel confident in this signing as a short term solution for our long term strategy.

Kysus

Yeah exactly they just won the Copa Libertadores and only were unlucky not to win the Club World Cup final against Liverpool.

Yes the step up is still going to be tough but they’re a decent outfit and on the Reddit thread about him a lot of Flamengo fans are saying he’s good.

Confident, physical beast, playing for a team with an aggressive high-line being used to different leagues makes his adjustment period very short which is key.
People were calling for a player like Dunk, seems like that is what we got, just without the massively inflated premier league price.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Where did I say that I don‘t hope for the best? That‘s pointless, I made a question which is important because we need to improve the first team quality. If he’s able to improve on Sokratis/Luiz (which really isn’t that high of a level) then we‘ve done a good job. But it‘s more likely that he won‘t be, considering his career so far and he‘s going to sit on the bench a lot unless the duo get injured.

Where did I say that you said you didn't hope for the best? I merely pointed out that none of us really have a clue as to the answer to your question. To say he's going to be a starter or that he'll only be a bench player is just speculation.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

This guy plays for the team that narrowly lost the world club championship to Liverpool - apparently he’s a rarity there in playing an extremely effective high line/pressing game. Common here, of course, but still. And Arteta knows him. Good enough for me.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

7M really is nothing if that’s the fee, even if he’s absolutely dreadful we could probably get a Sevilla or Villarreal interested at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom