• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You can't beat it. The thought of a player being last one to leave Colney every day, going straight home, watching a few Bergkamp videos then bed at 9 oclock sharp :drool:
Some of our best players in the Wenger Era were like this. Henry and Van Persie spring to mind in particular. Going home and watching tapes of the game to see where they ****ed up and things like that. It's an obsession, wanting to be better than they were the day before.

I can relate to a degree, obviously not in the same stratosphere of success, but I firmly believe if you want to be good at anything, being a student of the game will set you up perfectly going forward - whether you have the talent or not. Every time I've applied this core principle to anything I've ever done, I've been successful. I can imagine if you're already a footballer with the talent and opportunity to play for a club like Arsenal, having that extra discipline and motivation to better yourself and maximise your potential is a great base to launch yourself from.

Manberg

Predator
Some of our best players in the Wenger Era were like this. Henry and Van Persie spring to mind in particular. Going home and watching tapes of the game to see where they ****ed up and things like that. It's an obsession, wanting to be better than they were the day before.

I can relate to a degree, obviously not in the same stratosphere of success, but I firmly believe if you want to be good at anything, being a student of the game will set you up perfectly going forward - whether you have the talent or not. Every time I've applied this core principle to anything I've ever done, I've been successful. I can imagine if you're already a footballer with the talent and opportunity to play for a club like Arsenal, having that extra discipline and motivation to better yourself and maximise your potential is a great base to launch yourself from.

I remember Wenger selling someone, can’t remember who, when he asked his parents if he plays football in his spare time and his parents said that’s the last thing he’d do. Fabregas would play football in his spare time and that’s what Wenger would love. The young players who live and breathe football often turn out to be the most gifted, not the partying and social media kind.

Nom de Plume

Its like you have no idea of context.

Ceballos isn't playing clearly because Arteta doesn't want to bed in a player who won't be here long term. If he is, however, here long term he will see game time due to his quality and won't be moaning about game time - Seems obvious to me to just sign him and play him, since he won't make the RM team under a manager who doesn't fancy him.

Apologies.
I got as far as context and then zzzzzzzz'd.
You're over ANALyzing it
:)

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

Some people get pleasure out from rinsing every last drop out of what they have. They don’t like boundaries. It’s a game within a game to them. Constantly setting out targets and challenges for themselves away from those set by coaches and managers. To your average pro it might just look like way to keep yourself motivated to improve, but to obsessive types there’s no other way . They’re their own judges at the end of the day, and the only person they can truly disappoint are themselves— ‘a managers dream’, they call then, because they manage themselves, down to knowing their physical limits and deciding themselves when they need a day off.

If you’re naturally competitive then being slightly obsessed with winning and doing what you can to get the edge should be the logical way to go about it. Being competitive and motivated to improve every day don’t always go hand in hand though. All footballers are competitive to a degree, but not all live it as we’ve seen.

I’ve always thought Henry was an amazingly gifted athlete but far from a highly gifted footballer. I think he just realised he had the edge over the rest physically and so went about making himself unplayable because it made sense to the psychotic competitor that he was and no doubt still is.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
You can't beat it. The thought of a player being last one to leave Colney every day, going straight home, watching a few Bergkamp videos then bed at 9 oclock sharp :drool:
Keown talked about watching other players to improve your own game and I get the impression Martimelli does all he can to be the best. I'd love him to win us the EL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s a great example for the English youngsters who too often, sadly end up reaching a plateau in their early 20s and use their football career for social climbing. I’d like to see Reiss Nelson especially up his intensity and realise it’s possible to force errors when you do.
Not sure if this is an English problem, or a football problem in general. Too often now you see youngsters from even places like Brazil and France rest on their laurels once the big contracts have been secured.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Leaving mbappe out for obvious reasons. IF a talent is generational
Doesn't it medan its once in a generation? Messi and Ronaldo clearly wasnt. Both were in the same generation. Tho both clearly the two best players of all time. With Messi being one of a kind. Gabby not up there with the three players I mentioned yet.

Guessing most people are tongue in cheek with those praises though.

Mbappe looks o be a class above all players except Messi ATM. In a poor league tho.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think he looks more on course to be a Suarez or Aguero than a Messi or Ronaldo. He's an excellent striker, but he hasn't shown anywhere near the dribbling ability of early Messi and Ronaldo

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I think he looks more on course to be a Suarez or Aguero than a Messi or Ronaldo. He's an excellent striker, but he hasn't shown anywhere near the dribbling ability of early Messi and Ronaldo
giphy.gif

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
If he becomes a player of peak Suarez/peak Aguero level than he would be good enough to make it here... not better than a peak R9 or peak Romário imo, but still better than the ones of Firmino or Jesus.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
As long as he stays injury free, the sky is the limit. Currently, he is our 2nd best player after PEA.

Messi and Ronaldo never got injured so no progression was stopped. Neither did Henry.

The best players know how to take care of their body. Shame about Van Persie's peak really lasting so short, as he was a diamond for 2 calendar years straight in his late 20s.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

As long as he stays injury free, the sky is the limit. Currently, he is our 2nd best player after PEA
On form probably.

Özil
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Are our best players ability wise. I can’t stand Özil btw - but saying he’s not the best in the club is lies.

I liked what Arteta said recently about protecting Martilleni and not letting think he’s going to or supposed to do that every game. Don’t get me wrong, if you’ve got it you got it but he’s still a kid at the end of the day.

At the moment, he has no fear and amazing mentality. This can not be taught and we have to do our upmost to protect this.

You guys who are eager to pass the keys to the kid will be the first to sh*t on him when he goes a handful of games of not scoring, or he has a game where he doesn’t quite feel like sprinting 60 yards cause he knows he’s starting regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom