• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
On form probably.

Özil
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Are our best players ability wise. I can’t stand Özil btw - but saying he’s not the best in the club is lies.

I liked what Arteta said recently about protecting Martilleni and not letting think he’s going to or supposed to do that every game. Don’t get me wrong, if you’ve got it you got it but he’s still a kid at the end of the day.

At the moment, he has no fear and amazing mentality. This can not be taught and we have to do our upmost to protect this.

You guys who are eager to pass the keys to the kid will be the first to sh*t on him when he goes a handful of games of not scoring, or he has a game where he doesn’t quite feel like sprinting 60 yards cause he knows he’s starting regardless.

I wasnt referencing just form but ability.

Özil was our best player just like Bergkamp was at one time. Henry took over the best player role after Bergkamp. When players get older, they have to adapt their style like Bergkamp was able to do and Özil hasnt.

Lacazette...is this a joke? Laca not even better than Giroud.

Last edited:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I think he hasn't had any really bad moments at Arsenal imo (some mediocre moments, but still mostly decent and excellent moments) and he has played 1120 minutes or more. I believe its time to have a series of three bad or terrible matches. This is inevitable, a drop of form.

Sydney-Gooner

As long as he stays injury free, the sky is the limit. Currently, he is our 2nd best player after PEA.

Messi and Ronaldo never got injured so no progression was stopped. Neither did Henry.

The best players know how to take care of their body. Shame about Van Persie's peak really lasting so short, as he was a diamond for 2 calendar years straight in his late 20s.

Great point.

Rooney and RvP were similar talents to CR7 when they were both emerging in the early 2000s. Rooney was better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lacazette...is this a joke? Laca not even better than Giroud.
Err no Lacazette is a good player in bad form, I refuse to believe he is as bad as this forum says.

Martilleni is a kid, as great as he is who knows how his career will go. We’ve seen many just as if not more talented fall by the wayside.

Giroud is/was fraudulent in my honest opinion. Lacazette > Giroud for me.

Lacazette dry spell is nothing compared to what Giroud was serving up for years, in a better team too.

Sydney-Gooner

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mar...dinho-very-excited/132sp3plyrh0r17ciqx0mfx3qu

“We as Brazilians are very excited about him and his future. It is one thing to have the talent - but another at the age of 18 to have the confidence," Ronaldinho told the Mirror of his young compatriot.

“He reminds me of Ronaldo his first season in Europe he scored 30 goals and people were thinking: ‘who is this 18 year old Brazilian kid?’

“He wanted the ball, he would run at players, there was no fear no matter what players or team he was playing against - and I see that similar attitude in Martinelli.

“He just wants to be on the ball and score goals. Ronaldo went on to be the best player in the world - and that can also be the aim of Martinelli.”

“I am sure that his first Brazil cap is very close - he is ready," he added.
"Historically the national team has never been concerned with age. Ronaldo was playing for Brazil at 17 - and more recently Neymar and Jesus have played an important role when they were only teenagers.

“If you have the ability and the talent then you will get the chance - and the world can see that he (Martinelli) has the talent.”

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Rooney has to be one of the more under rated players, guy could do everything and play anywhere. Pass, shoot, go wide, come central, play as a 9 and 10 etc. Adjusted his game to fit in Nistelrooy, RvP, Tevez, Ronaldo, Saha etc.

Rooney was the ultimate team player for Man Utd and England.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
On form probably.

Özil
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Are our best players ability wise. I can’t stand Özil btw - but saying he’s not the best in the club is lies.

I liked what Arteta said recently about protecting Martilleni and not letting think he’s going to or supposed to do that every game. Don’t get me wrong, if you’ve got it you got it but he’s still a kid at the end of the day.

At the moment, he has no fear and amazing mentality. This can not be taught and we have to do our upmost to protect this.

You guys who are eager to pass the keys to the kid will be the first to sh*t on him when he goes a handful of games of not scoring, or he has a game where he doesn’t quite feel like sprinting 60 yards cause he knows he’s starting regardless.

I see this utter garbage posted all the time. Its a very odd way of attacking people who are excited for a genuinely exciting talent and are expressing it in the forum.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nope, it’s experience not an attack. A lot of you man are fickle these are just facts. Nothing garbage about what I said.

Plus, I’m happy with the way he’s being used at the moment.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You watched R9 play live when he was 18?
I rewatched some old matches. Doesn't change the fact that an 18 year old De Lima was on a levels ahead of Marty.

But I love Marty though. Arguably our best forward at the moment

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He didn't make sense.

Two Balon D'ors by the age of 21 I think it was? Think he would have been the GOAT if not for the injuries.
Yeah. Some of the things he did was just ridiculous

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
R9 at his peak was like a ridiculous mix of Messi's technical abilities, and Ronaldo's physical abilities...would have been the best player ever if not for the injuries.

Love that video of the French team prep before the 1998 final, the likes of Desailiy and Thuram, some of the best ever, just ****ting themselves at the thought of facing him...the Italian league was the best in the world in the 90s, probably the best collection of defenders ever in that decade, but Ronaldo was this absolute monster that everyone was terrified of...amazing.

...still my probably fav game of all time.

I just love everything about that time period, the players back then man...Ronaldo, Henry, Zidane, Del Piero, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Pires...etc...football just isn't the same :drool:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
R9 at his peak was like a ridiculous mix of Messi's technical abilities, and Ronaldo's physical abilities...would have been the best player ever if not for the injuries.

Love that video of the French team prep before the 1998 final, the likes of Desailiy and Thuram, some of the best ever, just ****ting themselves at the thought of facing him...the Italian league was the best in the world in the 90s, probably the best collection of defenders ever in that decade, but Ronaldo was this absolute monster that everyone was terrified of...amazing.

...still my fav game of all time.

I just love everything about that time period, the players back then man...Ronaldo, Henry, Zidane, Del Piero, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Pires...etc...football just isn't the same :drool:
R9 is the greatest anyway, for me. I fell in love with football during France '98!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom