• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Sven was here in January 2018, that’s when he signed Aubameyang. Also the Leno talk is revisionism, lot of negativity on here at the time about him when we signed him.

A scout’s job isn’t just ensuring we buy players no one’s ever heard of, it’s about getting players who’ll actually perform. Compared to the likes of Kepa, Leno has been great value for money.
My Leno point is just that he wasn't some obscure talent that only Sven could find, guy was a German international. The negativity on here doesn't hold a lot of weight for me, the German lads on here who watched him regularly believed he would be a good signing.
As for Ismaila Sarr he’s ahead of Pepe for goals and assists despite playing 300 minutes less, being three years younger and playing for three different managers for a relegation candidate.
We'll never know for sure but Pepe was hampered by Emery, just didn't know how to use him and then went to flat out not using him at all.
I did. The source is Darren Wells (Daily Mirror). I think John Cross is a better source than him.
It came from Goal France originally.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Weren't those Bumnai's? In the summer anyway, with the likes of Fraser, whom people on here wanted... :lol:

No, Suarez was supposedly Raul/Emery and the other two were Mislintat’s preferred choices. Actually in the same window Emery supposedly wanted Nkunku who’s doing quite well
In Germany.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
My Leno point is just that he wasn't some obscure talent that only Sven could find, guy was a German international. The negativity on here doesn't hold a lot of weight for me, the German lads on here who watched him regularly believed he would be a good signing.

We'll never know for sure but Pepe was hampered by Emery, just didn't know how to use him and then went to flat out not using him at all.

Goal France? The french version of Charles Watts employer?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The thing Guendouzi/Mislintat is that last year when he played well it was always "big Wengs has done it again", but now that his stock has fallen slightly it's being labelled a Sven signing.

I would've preferred to keep Sven instead of relying on Raul's agent driven model, but I don't think the transfer situation would be significantly different to how it is now.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No, Suarez was supposedly Raul/Emery and the other two were Mislintat’s preferred choices. Actually in the same window Emery supposedly wanted Nkunku who’s doing quite well
In Germany.

Win for Sven then. Carrasco and Perisic surely would've done more than that whimp Suarez.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
That's because the Spanish gang pushed for and convinced KSE to get rid of a forward thinking expert who relied on extended scouting, performance analysis and stats to find unknown players for low fees.

dortmunds-head-scout-sven-mislintat-smiles-prior-to-the-champions-picture-id991967334

Instead we're being mugged from super agents that are found in Sanllehi's contact book.

What are you on about, we got Martinelli because of the ''Spanish gang'' ffs.

Scouting is not an exact science, the guys that Mislintat signed are hardly worth mentioning tbh. Often times it's a lottery and has nothing to do with ''forward thinking''.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The thing Guendouzi/Mislintat is that last year when he played well it was always "big Wengs has done it again", but now that his stock has fallen slightly it's being labelled a Sven signing.

I would've preferred to keep Sven instead of relying on Raul's agent driven model, but I don't think the transfer situation would be significantly different to how it is now.

_42821133_dein270.jpg

...don't want either, can't we just get him back... :(

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Weren't those Bumnai's? In the summer anyway, with the likes of Fraser, whom people on here wanted... :lol:

I'd still take him on a free next summer. Think with his age, experience and profile he'd be a neat addition for a team that's got just one senior winger, two teenagers one of whom plays as a LB right now and another teenager who's actually more of a striker. I'd look at him as a player in the mold of what Milner is for Liverpool. This team needs players who consistently give you 6 or 7/10 performances, especially as backups or role players. Stack up on the wings with a free guy, splash the cash for another position. Why not?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Point still stands that there are lots of “talented” goalkeepers out there, but it’s hard to think of many who’ve been better value for money than Leno in terms of top teams.

Surely that Pepe point stands for Sarr though, Gracia didn’t know how to use him and it’s been complete turbulence at Watford all year.

He’s still managed to outperform Pepe, despite costing a fraction of the price and not getting as much game time and being younger. He’s looked a real talent this year.

field442

Trusted ⭐
"Sven is interested in Caglar Soyuncu -- there are concrete talks, and all that remains is for a fee to be agreed," Dogru said.

Don Raul had other plans though. He preferred „experience“.

Hang on. He ****ing signed Sokratis instead in that same summer :lol:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You would like to think we have our "no1 target" lined up in the summer and thats why we wanted a loan in the end for this guy. Or we could be searching around come end of August.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Win for Sven then. Carrasco and Perisic surely would've done more than that whimp Suarez.

Yeah, that wasn’t the point. Sven’s USP isn’t finding players like Carrasco or Perisic, any **** can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom