• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We play high-pressing, relatively high tempo attacking football. We've currently only got two strikers, Tyler Walker of Forest, who's our main man however is on loan and could be recalled. John Akinde is 2nd fiddle, however is out of favour and doesn't suit the way our manager wants us to play. I'm sure, and hope that John-Jules gets a fair run of games.

Saw this on Reddit about the way Lincoln play so hopefully TJJ can make a decent impact up there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We play high-pressing, relatively high tempo attacking football. We've currently only got two strikers, Tyler Walker of Forest, who's our main man however is on loan and could be recalled. John Akinde is 2nd fiddle, however is out of favour and doesn't suit the way our manager wants us to play. I'm sure, and hope that John-Jules gets a fair run of games.

Saw this on Reddit about the way Lincoln play so hopefully TJJ can make a decent impact up there.
He's impressed before against EFL opposition in the Checkatrade Cup, so I think he'll be a valuable player for them. I would like to see him be a bit more clinical, and I hope that he gets a few goals for them. I think 5+ is a good target for him. Walker is probably gonna get recalled to Forest, particularly if they miss out on another of ours, Nketiah. So I think TJJ will see a lot of minutes.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
saliba finally back for St Etienne. Hopefully he`ll play the remaining games and keep up his form from before his injury. Smith Rowe starting for Huddersfield

Bigby3

Apparently ESR had an alright game against Hull. This is from a Huddersfield forum:

ESR - Very impressed especially in the first 45. Was disappointed to see him come off. Drives forward and has an eye for a killer pass

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Mavropanos started for Nuremburg as they got turned over 4-1 by Hamburg in the German 2.Liga. Didn't see the game, but Hamburg are a level above Nuremburg so wouldn't read too much into the scoreline. Perhaps @Toby Andrl can provide some insight

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mavropanos started for Nuremburg as they got turned over 4-1 by Hamburg in the German 2.Liga. Didn't see the game, but Hamburg are a level above Nuremburg so wouldn't read too much into the scoreline. Perhaps @Toby Andrl can provide some insight
Hamburg?

Did Xavier Amaechi play?

Why did Amaechi leave man? He'd have been perfect for Arteta.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Haven't seen that game yet. But heard HSV were okayish while Nuremburg were shambolic and made it easy for Hamburg.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hamburg?

Did Xavier Amaechi play?

Why did Amaechi leave man? He'd have been perfect for Arteta.

Nope. They don't use him very often. Has only played one game in the 2. Bundesliga and two or three in the Regional League. Weird transfer that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think we're missing a trick not sending more boys out on loan this window. All 4 of Robbie Burton, Matt Smith, Folarin Balogun and Trae Coyle have nothing to gain from PL2 football at this point and should be playing EFL football now. I'd even put a guy like Zech Medley and possibly Harry Clarke in that category. Let them get a few minutes here and there first. So far we seem to have a loan manager who's doing good work so far with the boys we've sent on loan so far.

Nope. They don't use him very often. Has only played one game in the 2. Bundesliga and two or three in the Regional League. Weird transfer that.

I'm confused by why he even left the country. I don't think Amaechi needed to go to Germany - I understand why he did, because of Sancho of course, but I think he'd have fared just as well going to another London club. Probably a team like Palace, as they'll need more thrust in the final 3rd with or without Zaha.

In all honestly, what should have happened is that Amaechi should have been patient and signed a deal here then gone on loan. He'd be in a MUCH better position than he's in now. Failing that, should have stayed in England. Sancho's move to Germany worked because he went to Dortmund - a club who're extremely smart when it comes to handling young talents - and also because he's an extraordinary talent. I think so far, Amaechi has yet to show he's in the same bracket so safe to assume he probably isn't, but he'd have a better opportunity if he didn't go to Hamburg IMO. Should have stayed at Arsenal 100%, or at least did what Josh DaSilva did and go to the Championship or something.

Afro Mugo

I think we're missing a trick not sending more boys out on loan this window. All 4 of Robbie Burton, Matt Smith, Folarin Balogun and Trae Coyle have nothing to gain from PL2 football at this point and should be playing EFL football now. I'd even put a guy like Zech Medley and possibly Harry Clarke in that category. Let them get a few minutes here and there first. So far we seem to have a loan manager who's doing good work so far with the boys we've sent on loan so far.

I'm confused by why he even left the country. I don't think Amaechi needed to go to Germany - I understand why he did, because of Sancho of course, but I think he'd have fared just as well going to another London club. Probably a team like Palace, as they'll need more thrust in the final 3rd with or without Zaha.

In all honestly, what should have happened is that Amaechi should have been patient and signed a deal here then gone on loan. He'd be in a MUCH better position than he's in now. Failing that, should have stayed in England. Sancho's move to Germany worked because he went to Dortmund - a club who're extremely smart when it comes to handling young talents - and also because he's an extraordinary talent. I think so far, Amaechi has yet to show he's in the same bracket so safe to assume he probably isn't, but he'd have a better opportunity if he didn't go to Hamburg IMO. Should have stayed at Arsenal 100%, or at least did what Josh DaSilva did and go to the Championship or something.
His departure still makes me angry. Willock and McGuane are facing the same trouble of going abroad to clubs that aren't really interested in their development. Now Willock joins ESR at Huddersfield having not being in a single West Brom squad . There were rumours of a player of Nigerian heritage was to leave the club on loan yesterday but the deal fell through. Really hope it was Olowu though I feel Balogun will leave in the summer with TJJ Nketiah and Martinelli ahead of him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His departure still makes me angry. Willock and McGuane are facing the same trouble of going abroad to clubs that aren't really interested in their development. Now Willock joins ESR at Huddersfield having not being in a single West Brom squad . There were rumours of a player of Nigerian heritage was to leave the club on loan yesterday but the deal fell through. Really hope it was Olowu though I feel Balogun will leave in the summer with TJJ Nketiah and Martinelli ahead of him.
Interesting, not sure which player that could have been. Yeah I'm still upset about Amaechi too. There was and is still an incredible amount to work with, I just hope he can leave ASAP. Willock and McGuane have a chance to rebuild now, just hope they get the game time they need in the Championship. I would love to see Willock and ESR in the same team at Huddersfield. That's a lot of creativity!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom