• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Because Bayerns style of football is way less rigid which will suit a creative player like Lemar well. Bayern wont opt to sign Coutinho on a perm this summer so they could see Lemar as a replacement.
But that still doesn’t explain why they would want to spend anything remotely close to 60m on a flop who can’t get near the Athletico team

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I would be very careful in writing off Lemar after a bad spell in a very defensively minded team. Diego Simeone is not renowned for particularly good offensive signing, an argentinian Eddie Howe in that regard if you will. How much is he to be blamed for Monacos bad 17/18 season as well? I dont know, it was basically him, Glik and Fabinho left as core players after their splendid season before. Sure, you have some responsibility as a star player but some times teams just go tits up.

Id take a gamble on Lemar as a replacement for Özil

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Because Bayerns style of football is way less rigid which will suit a creative player like Lemar well. Bayern wont opt to sign Coutinho on a perm this summer so they could see Lemar as a replacement.

Yeah but he’d still be competing with players like Thiago and Goretzka if he played centrally. He’d be moving from one bench to another and I imagine if he moves it will be to play more often.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Bayern doesn't really make sense, they are most likely getting Sane and Havertz in the summer with Coutinho being the backup option to Havertz.

They are also rumored to be interested in Hakimi. There's no money for this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hope he joins Sp**s or Chelsea. Rather spend 40-60M elsewhere tbh.

Imagine spending next season trying to get a tune out of Laca, Pepe and Lemar. Too much.

Thats potentially 160M worth of talent not performing.

No more Ligue 1 bums.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bayern doesn't really make sense, they are most likely getting Sane and Havertz in the summer with Coutinho being the backup option to Havertz.

They are also rumored to be interested in Hakimi. There's no money for this.

Think they will get Sané AND Havertz? They will have to pay around 200m just for those two.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Think they will get Sané AND Havertz? They will have to pay around 200m just for those two.

Yes, that's what being talked about for some time now. It's what Bayern, ideally, wants to do in the summer. The money should be there, and similarly as with us you could also have a much more stretched payment strategy.

Sane+Havertz gives you 10 years of excellence.

I'm praying this does not pan out though. Actually hope they get none of them, but most of the time they do - hard to predict the future in football though as everything is so dynamic and can change within the blink of an eye.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I saw plenty of him whilst he was at Monaco and he was fantastic. I was all for us spending £80m on Lemar when we were linked with him. I haven't seen Lemar play for A.Madrid but from what I've read he has been underwhelming.

Even if we sold one of PEA or Laca (which I dont want us to do) we still don't really need him with the sudden emergence of both Martinelli and Saka.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom