• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
We have to hope we can get into the champions league but it shouldn't be expected considering how bad the season went. It's not like it's win the Europa league or failure.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol Emery was defo lost in the sauce.

I didn’t hate him and I still think he’s a decent coach but I do look back and think wtf was he doing :lol:

The way he would publicly antagonise a player to force a reaction or openly say they have no future, yeah that was never going to work.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I am fine with us not getting into the CL as I do not want us getting humiliated with this team. I want Arteta to work his way up and turn this team around. He is doing a fantastic job thus far and this is with players that we wanted gone not too long ago (Xhaka, Mustafi) just to name a few. Now we look structured and you can see there is a game plan and I truly believe the players and fans have bought into what he is trying to do. I also think we are all willing to be patient with him as long as we keep seeing the progress.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Players talking about Arteta bringing the “Arsenal way back”, but it should be the “Wenger way”.

There is no such thing as the “Arsenal way” unless it’s boring football and finishing mid table.
We'd won quite a few league titles before Wenger got here you know. The club was winning titles before Wenger was born ffs. :lol: And we'll be winning titles when he's long gone.

The 'Arsenal way' ended up being smashed 5-0, 6-1 and other ridiculous scorelines in the end. That was the 'Arsenal way' when Wenger left us.

Last edited:

Sydney-Gooner

Just decided that unless we win the EL and get back to the CL next season, I’m done.

Otherwise it’s just a big struggle tbh, feels like we’re an Everton or Villa now.

giphy.gif

scytheavatar

Established Member
I am fine with us not getting into the CL as I do not want us getting humiliated with this team. I want Arteta to work his way up and turn this team around. He is doing a fantastic job thus far and this is with players that we wanted gone not too long ago (Xhaka, Mustafi) just to name a few. Now we look structured and you can see there is a game plan and I truly believe the players and fans have bought into what he is trying to do. I also think we are all willing to be patient with him as long as we keep seeing the progress.

Hope you realize that players like Auba are certain to be gone next season without CL football...........

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Players talking about Arteta bringing the “Arsenal way back”, but it should be the “Wenger way”.

There is no such thing as the “Arsenal way” unless it’s boring football and finishing mid table.

Still remember most of you being chuffed to get away from the “Arsenal way” when Emery was here.

To be fair most fans only know Wengers football so that is the Arsenal way to them. I barely remember games from the Graham era

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't a fan during Graham's tenure, but I loved how tough we were during his peak here.

My favourite match to watch back is the 1994 Cup Winners Cup...we arrived without our best forward (Ian was suspended) while Parma where a stacked team in the 1990s (Zola, Asprilla, Brolin etc) we just never stopped fighting during that match, great win in our history.

Arsène's period was the best in our history, and rightly so it was amazing...but I think the best single result in our history happened during George's time, the league win in 1989...if we won the Champions League in 2006, that would have topped it though.

Shame he managed Sp**s, that was a **** move.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've seen enough of Arteta and like him that much I'm willing to give him 2-3 seasons to develop as manager. I think he will become very good manager.

But its all pointless if we keep having same transfers windows as the last 5 windows.
This. We need to spend our money on defence and midfield.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We'd won quite a few league titles before Wenger got here you know. The club was winning titles before Wenger was born ffs. :lol: And we'll be winning titles when he's long gone.
Nobody arguing with that, just nothing anywhere like an average finish of 2.8 over 22 years with 3 EPL titles, 7 FA Cups and a win % of 58.8. Top 4 straight for 20 years, averaging a trophy every other year will be near impossible for any manager to match, before or after with our spend. :lol:

Anyway thanks for that post, love the opportunity to show those stats, without someone saying, why do you always bring Wenger up ffs.

Last edited:

goonergaz

Nobody arguing with that, just nothing anywhere like an average finish of 2.8 over 22 years with 3 EPL titles, 7 FA Cups and a win % of 58.8. Top 4 straight for 20 years, averaging a trophy every other year will be near impossible for any manager to match, before or after with our spend. :lol:

But you never know bro, but the odds are against it in your lifetime.

This. Couldn't have put it better myself...we were great in the 30s (but let's face it - no-one cares) - but Wengerball is the way everyone want's us to play - and the best of Wenger was off the back of Grahams defensive foundation...that solid defence allowed Wenger to add creative and exciting forward play on top.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This. Couldn't have put it better myself...we were great in the 30s (but let's face it - no-one cares) - but Wengerball is the way everyone want's us to play - and the best of Wenger was off the back of Grahams defensive foundation...that solid defence allowed Wenger to add creative and exciting forward play on top.
I normally dream in black and white, but recently I dreamt I met Wenger in colour! But it might have just been a pigment of my imagination.

Riou

Saying all that, Graham was great for us...but he wasn't THE greatest...

...love that the official Arsenal YouTube channel, included the footage of Keown jumping on Horseface...best moment from the Invincible season, bar none!

Sydney-Gooner

Anyway thanks for that post, love the opportunity to show those stats, without someone saying, why do you always bring Wenger up ffs.

Tbf this whole top four trophy only became a thing because of the bloated new Champions League and the money that came with it. Prior to that only trophies mattered.

In terms of trophies Graham compares quite favourably to Wenger during his nine years compared to Wenger's. Obviously Wenger still has the edge for winning one more league title but we weren't exactly nobodies going entire decades without winning things.

GG: 2 League Titles, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and 1 European Cup Winners Cup

AW: 3 League Titles and 4 FA Cups

Riou

Tbf this whole top four trophy only became a thing because of the bloated new Champions League and the money that came with it. Prior to that only trophies mattered.

In terms of trophies Graham compares quite favourably to Wenger during his nine years compared to Wenger's. Obviously Wenger still has the edge for winning one more league title but we weren't exactly nobodies going entire decades without winning things.

GG: 2 League Titles, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and 1 European Cup Winners Cup

AW: 3 League Titles and 4 FA Cups

Hoping 'Teta can have a similar impact to these two...unsure if he will be backed enough to win a league, but backing him to take the cups seriously...amazing that if Arteta can even win the FA Cup this year, in six months he will have a more worthwhile coaching career than Poch...amazing!

Also, Arsène won 7 FA Cups...and 7 Shields...love that trophy, can't believe you didn't count those ;)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom