• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If Bellerin shows good form and stays fit, I guess Soares on a free transfer in the summer wouldn`t be bad business. But why spend 5M on him now, he`ll probably just play a handful of games in the league.

Fair enough that Arteta sees AMN as a midfielder but why not play Bellerin for the rest of the season and use AMN when needed, he has shown he can do a job there.

Would also feel bad for Ainsley if he stays on the bench for the rest of the season after doing reasonably well playing out of position. Hopefully he`s given a proper chance in midfield.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Cedric is a signing like Lichtsteiner, but in a good age and PL experience.

As a Premier League club you should have covered every position with a Back-Up and Arteta made pretty clear, that AMN isn't a fullback for him.

say yes

forum master baiter
Happy with this given it’s only a loan with no obligation. Much better signing than Kurzawa given our lack of depth at RB, and he can also play LB if needs must.

Not sure he’s the right option to purchase in the summer though. He’s a decent PL player, but think he’s got a lot to prove at the top level.

Hopefully just a stopgap until we go for someone like Aarons in the summer.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Weird though we didn't go for a CM. I guess AMN is that guy

zilfy

The only way this makes sense is if arteta has seen enough in training to believe that AMN will be a quality CM, because we all know he could do a solid job at RB till the summer.

I think this deal is a huge vote of confidence for AMN from Mikel. It would be so good if he worked there- finally some pace, athleticism and dribbling ability in central midfield.
I have my doubts though

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How is giving reasons why Arsenal might be looking to make a particular move in any way shutting down all you naysayers? You're entitled to your opinions. I'm entitled to mine. Except that it's not enough for you to disagree with me. You badger me personally and directly. I don't do that to you.

Also, how the hell is taking a guy on loan for the rest of the season because he fills a current need in any way "stockpiling average players?" Good grief. It's not like Arsenal is handing the guy a 7-year contract at £150,000 a week. They're taking a guy on frickin' loan because they don't have any actual fullbacks for the rest of the season. If he plays well enough, they can consider signing him further. If he's a bum, he'll be gone.

Directly is better than snide remarks hid behind "people".

You do it in practically every thread, so this one being a loan isn't changing anything. We'd stockpile on rubbish players if you had a say.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Hes a solid if uninspiring player. Similar to Bertrand on the other side for the Saints.

Good back up player. Wouldnt look terribly out of place if had to play for an extended run in the team. Still young enough to solve a problem for 3 or 4 years yet experienced in the league.

Dont know the contract/loan agreement but for little money it could be a decent squad buy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Find this a really odd signing. Bellerin has looked class since his return and AMN has found probably his most consistent run of form at the club. Signing a RB pretty much ends and chance of ANM starting games - he won't start in CM ahead of Xhaka, Torreria, Guendouzi and he will probably not get the nod over Willock.

Before Arteta arrived people wouldn't have even contemplated AMN starting ahead of Bellerin but now it’s actually a topic for debate, so to say he won’t start ahead of any of those midfielders is a bit premature. We’ve seen before he has the game to do very well in midfield and maybe Arteta is the manager to get the best out of him.

Seriously thinking about starting to do coke again(sober since 4th August) just to accept the mediocrity of signings we are making these days.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Bellerin shows good form and stays fit, I guess Soares on a free transfer in the summer wouldn`t be bad business. But why spend 5M on him now, he`ll probably just play a handful of games in the league.

Fair enough that Arteta sees AMN as a midfielder but why not play Bellerin for the rest of the season and use AMN when needed, he has shown he can do a job there.

Would also feel bad for Ainsley if he stays on the bench for the rest of the season after doing reasonably well playing out of position. Hopefully he`s given a proper chance in midfield.

70% of the £5m is wages.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Solid enough signing, and keeping our money for the summer. As mentioned above, must mean he sees AMN as a midfielder, with ceballos unlikely to stay.

Our squad is fairly thin. Whatever happens this won't be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom