• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
United: WanBissaka & Diego Dalot
Chelsea: Azpi + Reece James
Sp**s: Aurier + ???

Only Liverpool and City have clearly better options than Bellerin + Soares.
Dalot is much better than this bum. Sp**s haven‘t signed anyone to replace Trippier yet, so Aurier is the backup (and better) until they sign a first choice, who will obviously be better. Don‘t know enough about Reece James to say, so I‘ll give you that. We already have a better backup than this bum in our squad in AMN.

It‘s a crap signing, but hopefully Bellerin stays fit and we don‘t have to see him make an appearance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Guy played every minute of the knockout stage for Portugal when they won Euro 2016 but A-M tell me he's a bum.

He’s getting nowhere near their Euros squad that’s for sure.

United: WanBissaka & Diego Dalot
Chelsea: Azpi + Reece James
Sp**s: Aurier + ???

Only Liverpool and City have clearly better options than Bellerin + Soares.

James is probably the most talented of Chelsea’s youngsters. The guy’s unreal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Dalot is much better than this bum. Sp**s haven‘t signed anyone to replace Trippier yet, so Aurier is the backup (and better) until they sign a first choice, who will obviously be better. Don‘t know enough about Reece James to say, so I‘ll give you that. We already have a better backup than this bum in our squad in AMN.

It‘s a crap signing, but hopefully Bellerin stays fit and we don‘t have to see him make an appearance.

Stop mentioning AMN as our backup RB option when Arteta himself made it very clear that he's a midfielder. He won't be playing RB no more.

And regarding your argument - even if he was, AMN, based on his performances under Arteta, has outperformed or at least been on the same level as RB as anyone you mentioned.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He’s their first choice CB and probably only plays if Alexander-Arnold is injured for a long time. Otherwise they play a youngster in the cups when they rotate. Milner is also just as likely to play there. Gomez has 143 minutes at RB this season, Milner has 90 minutes. He covers ****ing LB and RB for them.

Aurier is ****ing average.

Utd had Young and Dalot behind AWB. Both average/****.

City have two very good ones but they’ve spent hundreds of millions on full backs.

Chelsea have a good youngster as their backup and basically lucked out the same way we did with Bellerin when we had Sagna. I’m sure we wouldn’t be buying Soares if we had a good RB coming through the ranks.

Dalot isn‘t great but he‘s better than Soares. Aurier as well. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Stop mentioning AMN as our backup RB option when Arteta himself made it very clear that he's a midfielder. He won't be playing RB no more.

And regarding your argument - even if he was, AMN, based on his performances under Arteta, has outperformed or at least been on the same level as RB as anyone you mentioned.

I agree! But as you said, with the arrival of this bum, AMN won‘t be playing RB anymore, so we have effectively become worse with this signing.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Dalot isn‘t great but he‘s better than Soares. Aurier as well. Absolutely no doubt about that.

I agree! But as you said, with the arrival of this bum, AMN won‘t be playing RB anymore, so we have effectively become worse with this signing.

Don't see it like that, but rather see it as Bellerin coming back in, who's basically been non-existant before, as our Nr.1 real RB and Soares being a real RB backup.

Many many people who have watched Soares every week have been extremely positive about his current form. I don't think he derserves to be called a bum.

Now, consider our RB position being settled and of equal quality with Bellerin getting to his old best under Arteta, with a realible cheap backup with Soares and then add AMN as a new CM signing that offers a vastly different set of skills as most of our current players have to offer.

Give him time and see how Arteta will be trying to use him. He's got immense talent and quality and similarly to many other players that have sucked big time under Emery you could see him become a monster as CM similarly as to how he's impressed at RB.

Kysus

AMN desperately needs a continuous run in midfield for his development so that's probably why the club is making sure we have a backup for Bellerin.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Don't see it like that, but rather see it as Bellerin coming back in, who's basically been non-existant before, as our Nr.1 real RB and Soares being a real RB backup.

Many many people who have watched Soares every week have been extremely positive about his current form. I don't think he derserves to be called a bum.

Now, consider our RB position being settled and of equal quality with Bellerin getting to his old best under Arteta, with a realible cheap backup with Soares and then add AMN as a new CM signing that offers a vastly different set of skills as most of our current players have to offer.

Give him time and see how Arteta will be trying to use him. He's got immense talent and quality and similarly to many other players that have sucked big time under Emery you could see him become a monster as CM similarly as to how he's impressed at RB.
Where is AMN going to play in midfield? The midfield trio of Xhaka, Torreira, Özil is set. And it‘s not like he couldn‘t get those same minutes in midfield without Soares‘s arrival. With Bellerin back and without Soares, AMN would be backup RB and backup midfielder as opposed to now where he is just a backup for midfield.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This is a good deal, and if Soares isn’t up to the task, then he can be let go. Some of you want us to buy a quality back up when we don’t have the money and nobody of that desired level is going to want to play second fiddle anyways.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
AMN is another option in midfield. Would be nice if he could become a rotational option with Torreira or even a decent box-to-box option. I trust Arteta to figure it out.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He’s getting nowhere near their Euros squad that’s for sure.
It just shows though that he has some pedigree, not like they're signing a complete bum. At least with Cedric around you have a reliable back-up who can cover both full-back positions, making resting players for the EL much easier. Even better if top 4 becomes attainable again at some point, Arteta can go for both instead of hedging his bets like Emery did.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Dont get this at all. Seems a real waste of funds/effort/resources. We already have cover for RB in AMN who has proven to be more than capable? Weird.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Feels like we haven’t learnt from previous mistakes. We’ve only just begun to get rid of the old deadwood and are now proceeding to fill it up with new deadwood.
Actually pissed of by this. Going to have a squad of dross again, not even saying he’s a bad player just that we’re paying for him to sit on our bench. Madness

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It just shows though that he has some pedigree, not like they're signing a complete bum. At least with Cedric around you have a reliable back-up who can cover both full-back positions, making resting players for the EL much easier. Even better if top 4 becomes attainable again at some point, Arteta can go for both instead of hedging his bets like Emery did.

My problem with it is that he’s clearly a mid table level player, people counting on Bellerin to make it down the stretch despite him having recurring flair ups this year already means you’re facing Cedric playing a lot in the run in.

My suspicion is due to his contract they’re loaning him now and then signing him on a free in the summer which considering Bellerin’s injury problems likely means a downgrade at the RB position.

Signing a younger player who could develop would make economic sense if you had to choose between them or Bellerin, whereas with Cedric you’re putting all your eggs in one basket when Hector’s not really shown the form to warrant that yet.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
People are boring.

I see AMN as potentially very solid Rb, but this ain't no fifa or fm or pes where I am in charge and no one is asked what he thinks about that.

translated, AMN is not and does not want to be a fullback. Arteta fully agrees.
So why is there people still saying Niles should be our backup, instead of actually listening to what our coach and player himself are saying. You are just a fan, often not even that, know your place and use Internet to get information instead of trying to convince everyone you are God

Goonger

My problem with it is that he’s clearly a mid table level player, people counting on Bellerin to make it down the stretch despite him having recurring flair ups this year already means you’re facing Cedric playing a lot in the run in.

My suspicion is due to his contract they’re loaning him now and then signing him on a free in the summer which considering Bellerin’s injury problems likely means a downgrade at the RB position.

Signing a younger player who could develop would make economic sense if you had to choose between them or Bellerin, whereas with Cedric you’re putting all your eggs in one basket when Hector’s not really shown the form to warrant that yet.

But, we still have a chance to sign a younger defender in the summer, that's what this deal gives us.

What we don't know is who's staying, who's going, what budget we have and what will become priority positions. We need to be as flexible and give ourselves as much options as can be.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Feels like we haven’t learnt from previous mistakes. We’ve only just begun to get rid of the old deadwood and are now proceeding to fill it up with new deadwood.
Actually pissed of by this. Going to have a squad of dross again, not even saying he’s a bad player just that we’re paying for him to sit on our bench. Madness

But this is a loan, so is Mari, we are not committed to keep them beyond summer so you cant class them as deadwood. If they come good then everyone's happy, if not its easier to buy in the summer.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

This is a good deal, and if Soares isn’t up to the task, then he can be let go. Some of you want us to buy a quality back up when we don’t have the money and nobody of that desired level is going to want to play second fiddle anyways.

Agree with this. We can't lose in this situation. If he's rubbish then we don't sign him. If he's good then his contract is up in June and we have the chance to get him for no transfer fee.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People are boring.

I see AMN as potentially very solid Rb, but this ain't no fifa or fm or pes where I am in charge and no one is asked what he thinks about that.

translated, AMN is not and does not want to be a fullback. Arteta fully agrees.
So why is there people still saying Niles should be our backup, instead of actually listening to what our coach and player himself are saying. You are just a fan, often not even that, know your place and use Internet to get information instead of trying to convince everyone you are God

Think Niles will eventually come to regret not wanting to work on being a fullback, could have been a great way to cement a starting spot at the club for a decade or so...hopefully Niles can make his mark in midfield for us, as I like him, but this could be a crossroads moment for him that eventually sees him leave.

Lauren didn't want to be a right back for us at first, but Arsène kept pushing him until he agreed...worked out well for both player and club in that case.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But, we still have a chance to sign a younger defender in the summer, that's what this deal gives us.

What we don't know is who's staying, who's going, what budget we have and what will become priority positions. We need to be as flexible and give ourselves as much options as can be.

I’m sceptical on that front, with his contract being up if I was a betting man I’d say he’d end up here.

It is the opposite of flexibility committing money to a player who if he stays is older and isn’t good enough long term, and if he doesn’t stay you’ve taken away 5M from the pot for getting a replacement in the summer.

As for younger players in the summer, there may be players available now who won’t be in the summer, for whatever reason.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Have you ever even seen him play? What, in your expert opinion, are his weaknesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom