• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Proper boring this forum at the minute. Every thread is the same old ****e. People just constantly moaning. Its like watching AFTV in text form.
You must of missed the positive threads about arteta and the youngsters then?

Moah

The only thing certain about Pepe is half of us saying give him this season to adapt to the league and the other half calling him **** at least to the end of this season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The only thing certain about Pepe is half of us saying give him this season to adapt to the league and the other half calling him **** at least to the end of this season.

And maybe a chunk of those giving him a season without having another agenda are also fine with him right now ?

People always prefer to ignore anything they don't like to see when they are on a hate train, so it seems they like to ignore that Pepe had many problems across the road till now with most of them coming from the club internally.
There is no player bar Messi that does things on his own nowadays, the tactics and quality of players has become way too high - you gotta have a working team or you're ****ed.

When you look at the performances of Pepe in isolation and only consider his games under Arteta, he was pretty solid and constantly improving.

He was way more dangerous than anyone else when he came on at the Bournemouth game at the beginning of Arteta's reign. He was not not really playing against Chelsea. He was our best player against United and was one of the better players against Leeds.

Now, the Fa Cup game against Bournemouth might have had him less in the limelight, yet he was a vital part of the game plan and a key factor as to why we could enjoy the other side, with Martinelli and Saka, so much.
Our most dangerous situations pretty much always came from the right side switching to the left. Pepe created space for them and that was intended by Arteta.

You can be annoyed if there's nothing happening with him at all and he did not improve over the course of the season, but it's pretty much trolling at this stage as he improving constantly and adding new things to his game.

Moah

And maybe a chunk of those giving him a season without having another agenda are also fine with him right now ?

People always prefer to ignore anything they don't like to see when they are on a hate train, so it seems they like to ignore that Pepe had many problems across the road till now with most of them coming from the club internally.
There is no player bar Messi that does things on his own nowadays, the tactics and quality of players has become way too high - you gotta have a working team or you're ****ed.

When you look at the performances of Pepe in isolation and only consider his games under Arteta, he was pretty solid and constantly improving.

He was way more dangerous than anyone else when he came on at the Bournemouth game at the beginning of Arteta's reign. He was not not really playing against Chelsea. He was our best player against United and was one of the better players against Leeds.

Now, the Fa Cup game against Bournemouth might have had him less in the limelight, yet he was a vital part of the game plan and a key factor as to why we could enjoy the other side, with Martinelli and Saka, so much.
Our most dangerous situations pretty much always came from the right side switching to the left. Pepe created space for them and that was intended by Arteta.

You can be annoyed if there's nothing happening with him at all and he did not improve over the course of the season, but it's pretty much trolling at this stage as he improving constantly and adding new things to his game.
That one is put perfectly. Some have no logic in bashing him all they like and championing their favourite who are arguably worse than him in the criterias they have put to judge him on.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Shame on those of you that have branded a flop. Just about half way through the season and for me Pepe has been decent.

Has excellent spells during games and periods where he fades. Definitely needs to work on aspects of his game but think he's on the right track in terms of influencing games.

Can we just allow him this season to acclimatise before the pitchforks come out. I have seen enough quality from him to suggest he’ll be a success

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Quoted for truth. It’s tiring.

A lot of my friends irl complain about him non stop. I think what Arsenal fans expect for 75 mil is completely outrageous and I suspect they haven’t grasped the state of the market right now.

Richarlison had a 80 mil bid from Barca rejected.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Quoted for truth. It’s tiring.

A lot of my friends irl complain about him non stop. I think what Arsenal fans expect for 75 mil is completely outrageous and I suspect they haven’t grasped the state of the market right now.

Richarlison had a 80 mil bid from Barca rejected.

We signed Martinelli for 6 million and so far Martinelli has been a 70 million player while Pepe plays like a 6 million player.......... you are the one who hasn't grasped the state of the market right now. Bargains are still out there, it's a question of whether we can find them.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We signed Martinelli for 6 million and so far Martinelli has been a 70 million player while Pepe plays like a 6 million player.......... you are the one who hasn't grasped the state of the market right now. Bargains are still out there, it's a question of whether we can find them.
But if its a bargain buy there would be even more complaints. Which should it be? Bargain or big buy?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
When a 20 year old back from loan Nketiah comes on ahead of your 80 mil pound forward, you've got major problems

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol has nothing to do with today’s result still got bumped for complaints.

Im glad he didn’t play today find another scapegoat guys- which looks like Lacazette.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's freakin awkward in possession, just adds to the same problem we have with the lot starting today.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why on earth we didn't bring him on reminds me of the Everton game. In both games we needed fresh blood but we didn't make the right sub.

Only thing I can really think of is that Bellerin was already have a bad time against McNeil and Taylor on the left, and Pepe would have down far less to help than Martinelli was doing. Tho if you prioritising worrying about Burnley offensively over trying to win the game then it's quite a negative way of thinking. Something which Emery was lambasted for doing was focusing on the opposition over picking a team capable of creating chances.

Axel9090

Arteta bottled it by not using him, but hes an inexperienced manager. Hopefully he can fix up on that, maybe call Pep for a few tips.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Three managers haven't given this guy as much of a chance as his talent and price tag would suggest. He's either poor in training or not showing enough by following orders on the pitch. I begin to wonder if he was a Josh Kroenke purchase that nobody wanted but are forced to play.

Tbh the league is prettu much over by now. We should be playing Pepe in all PL games until end of season. See if he can pick up form and get ready for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom