• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I haven't seen this guy play it certainly does help to be quick when you play a high line.

positioning and reading of the game is pretty important, too. There's some CBs out there who are rather slow and fast, but they make up for it with intelligence. The system has to be tweaked that way, though, so that the specific CB can take up the right space.

Toby

The role of a centre back in a system of play matters my friend.

He’s a left sided CB with the distribution of a midfielder and also excellent in the air. If we’re going to play progressive football we need players who suit those requirements.

The number of CBs we have means **** all if they are ill suited to play as needed.

He's the only leftie of all CBs at Arsenal. And if he's anything like that Vickery guy says, he could be exactly what Arsenal need and have been lacking since Mertesacker. Could ba a piece of great business. Thing is just what's his level - is he all they say but Flamengo level, or can he take it up to Arsenal level.

Balboa

I'm assuming this is an Arteta signing, obviously he had to work within limits this window but I imagine this is the best he could have wanted for our situation.

He must have tracked him whilst at City, I know nothing about this guy, my guess is he is just an average defender, a safe bet that wont amaze anyone but can do a job better than what we have.

For the price, any kind of improvement on the squad is a decent return.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Going by our links to loan signings, we are going to see a big clear out in that position in summer. If we manage to sell Mustafi, it would be a successful transfer window for me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Going by our links to loan signings, we are going to see a big clear out in that position in summer. If we manage to sell Mustafi, it would be a successful transfer window for me.

Don Raul, Big **** Raul, call him whatever you want...but Danny DeVito will be well and truly back, if he pulls this off!

Symbia

He's the only leftie of all CBs at Arsenal. And if he's anything like that Vickery guy says, he could be exactly what Arsenal need and have been lacking since Mertesacker. Could ba a piece of great business. Thing is just what's his level - is he all they say but Flamengo level, or can he take it up to Arsenal level.
Judging from the list of left footed center backs that have played for Arsenal in the recent past, I'm not that keen on them.

Don Silvestre Stallon was a fu**ing left footed center back!

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
What are the tactical implications of having a leftie at CB? I'm being hopeful here but will this finally make Xhaka redundant?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Off the top of my head

VVD, Gomez, Rudiger, Zouma, Bailly, Ogbonna and Sanchez are all varying degrees of rapid.

I too would like a CB whose speed can occasionally bail him out, it’s a massive get out of jail free card and is likely to save a few extra goals a second compared to a slow CB of similar ability. Seeing as most of our CBs are crap anyway we might as well get a fast one and save ourselves a few goals.
Saliba is pretty quick for his size by the looks of it.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What are the tactical implications of having a leftie at CB? I'm being hopeful here but will this finally make Xhaka redundant?

Clearly Arteta's tactics may vary, but a left-footed CB should allow for the CB's to push further to the outside and allow the fullbacks to push further up the field. To cover the space in the center of the pitch a DM would drop deeper, but deep enough to be level with the CBs.

Xhaka in this scenario would probably be the midfielder who would hang back. Right now he is pushing outside because we don't have a left-footed CB.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Can't believe we loaned a 4m scrub player with option for
sadochism. Why can't we buy great defenders..

Tomb Bombadil

People made similar criticisms about James Milner when he was available to sign a free transfer on leaving Manchester City. Those people have been proven emphatically wrong....
But I guess there were also transfers like this who turned out the other way around.

Of course I am much too early to judge him. But with the transfer we made the last few years I'm very sceptical. And we have 8 CB and as of now I guess none of them would play at our rivals (we can't judge Mari).

But of course now he can prove himself and I don't think he was bad buy but I hope he will be much better than the price tag. One hope I have, the last Edu transfer was maybe the best of the window.

Toby

Judging from the list of left footed center backs that have played for Arsenal in the recent past, I'm not that keen on them.

Don Vito Silvestre Stallon was a fu**ing left footed center back!

Very simplistic view. A leftie opens up the passing range. E.g. they don't have to turn for inside passes.

Balboa

FFS. People are still so desperate for Xhaka to be binned. Don't understand Arsenal have much larger problems facing them before he can be allowed to leave.

A defensive structure in a shambles. Ageing, want away centre forwards. Replacements for Ceballos needed. Leaders on the pitch required (at this stage, Xhaka is pretty much the closest to a leader they have)

Symbia

Very simplistic view. A leftie opens up the passing range. E.g. they don't have to turn for inside passes.
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
IMG-20200131-140825.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom