• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosniak Gooner

Terrible line up. Mustafi will have at least two brainfarts, Xhaka - Guendouzi has never worked and Laca hasn't scored an away goal since 1997.

Ohhh but work-rate work-rate. What a load of rubbish, watch him miss a sitter or make 2/3 extra touches before a defender closes him down. He is on the level of Josh King now.

Manberg

Predator
There's no pressure on us in the league, it's good that Arteta is experimenting with the lineups. Better here than the cups.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really need an alternative to both Xhaka and Guendouzi, just don’t seem to work well together.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am a bit worried about this line up. Pepe plays on the right by himself as the full back doesn't push on. So he is always outnumbered but able to wriggle out of danger. Leaving Martinelli or Auba in that situation is asking alot. Also disappointed about Ceballos getting the nod over AMN.

Keplaz

I think he wants physically imposing players for this game. That's he's picked Guendouzi. He is expecting a fight, even from his press conference. He said he didn't want us to be bullied.

I think Pepe doesn't quite give us that yet. Torreira has the fight but not the brawn. Might see him second half.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he wants physically imposing players for this game. That's he's picked Guendouzi. He is expecting a fight, even from his press conference. He said he didn't want us to be bullied.

I think Pepe doesn't quite give us that yet. Torreira has the fight but not the brawn. Might see him second half.

But Özil does?
Could be the game that Pepe comes on for Özil and plays 10.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The selection is a surprise. No AMN or Holding in the squad. Özil away up north is another question mark but I guess we need someone who is not afraid of the ball. I'm assuming Xhaka and Guendouzi will be managed very specifically as together, they're often incompatible. Laca must be there to match the physical effort of Burnley as he's not done much else recently. I'm pleased for Martinelli but for the life of me, why is Mustafi starting? I trust Arteta's ideas but today looks like a Wengeresque gamble that I hope pays off on spades-preferably for us. COYG.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

That doesn't make sense at all. Torreira and Willock are way more physical than Douzi.
Don't like this lineup at all, Laca and Douzi have no place in first 11. I think we could struggle with transition and winning the ball. Midfield is too static and one dimensional.

bandaid

The selection is a surprise. No AMN or Holding in the squad. Özil away up north is another question mark but I guess we need someone who is not afraid of the ball. I'm assuming Xhaka and Guendouzi will be managed very specifically as together, they're often incompatible. Laca must be there to match the physical effort of Burnley as he's not done much else recently. I'm pleased for Martinelli but for the life of me, why is Mustafi starting? I trust Arteta's ideas but today looks like a Wengeresque gamble that I hope pays off on spades-preferably for us. COYG.
Mustafi and Luiz are good in the air.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Let's trust Arteta, guys. He knows the merits of the players as much as/more than we do. He's not blind.

I see this as more rope for the wastrels to hang themselves with.

Pepes blue pill

How so? It's a pretty bold line up.

Fans just want to moan, I don't like the line up but picking the team he wants and not the fans, being happy to change things up, dropping players who havent done anything wrong is having bollocks, arteta doing what a manager is meant to do...

I don't like the line up but I accept we are **** and any line up he picked would look crap

Sooner people understand the only way any manager will take us back to the top is if the board back him, I for one aint convinced they will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom