• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyata

I get that but he can go on the outside but never does which would Favour his right . Laca off Pepe on the right auba in the middle and nelli on the left please. Cabellos on too
I get what you are trying to say but this is football, the defenders know Gabby is right footed so they'll watch out for it and cover that space.

Auba in the middle is a gamble, it could work but I have a feeling he will get harassed there. But yeah, at same time watching Laca is a pain as well :lol:

CJJ

Established Member
Overall i'd consider this a poor first half. THIS is exactly how you are not supposed to play against Burnley. We've turned this into a direct, physical game.

We NEED to start playing some technical, fast paces passing football. We're not gonna beat Burnley at what they do best.

Oh and our front three has to improve their ball retention. Thrown away so many easy balls.

Only positive thing is our defending in general, especially at set pieces.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Laca is well out of sorts. He desperately needs a goal. Auba looks a bit rusty too. Tbh the front 4 haven’t played well at all.

Need to seriously step it up a gear.

ptrcopp

Worst game I’ve half-watched in a while. I wouldn’t mind if I could appreciate what the opposition were doing.

Commentators bugging up what Burnley are doing but I only remember a clear chance from them.

We try and play out the back. On the occasion it’s successful we make a poor pass into the final third. When it fails they ‘break’ and have a pop shot from 25 yards or hoof a cross out for a goal kick.

I could have gone down the playing field and seen better quality.

Gunner-Union

If we want a physical striker laca is not it. If that’s what Mikel wants then we need to get a targetman like a mitrovic

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Complete lost control of the match after having 2 great chances earlier for Laca and auba. Score even 1 of that and you still have more control. Gab being played at rw and pepe dropped just to keep Laca in is frustrating.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Strange game. We aren't pushing Saka forward. We are not dropping Xhaka into a back 3, Lacazette can't hold the ball or get on the end of crosses and Özil is basically invisible. Even in space he isn't playing the throughball.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm not a football snob but Burnley are hideous to watch, I thought that style of 'direct' football died out years ago. Maybe my mind is playing tricks but I don't remember Burnley being quite this bad in the past.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Once again, Auba and Laca let us down when the team was on top, should have been 2 up in that period...seen many games under Arteta where we have played well, but the strikers aren’t scoring when we are on top, disappointing.

Hilarious how Burnley’s players and fans pride themselves on being a, “old fashioned honest team, who fight fairly for every ball”...yet their players go down under any contact, and their fans moan for every decision...bunch of n0nces :lol:

Manberg

Predator
Overall i'd consider this a poor first half. THIS is exactly how you are not supposed to play against Burnley. We've turned this into a direct, physical game.

We NEED to start playing some technical, fast paces passing football. We're not gonna beat Burnley at what they do best.

Oh and our front three has to improve their ball retention. Thrown away so many easy balls.

Only positive thing is our defending in general, especially at set pieces.

How is it poor when we had three clear cut chances? If our finishing was better we’d be 2-0 up a least.

Ashybashy86

I got why Torreira isn't playing, but why is Lacazette still starting up top AWAY instead of Auba? Makes no sense whatsoever, and hardly surprising he's had another stinker. Just put G Mart back on the left, bring on Pepe who couldn't do any worse there, and put Auba up top. Hardly rocket science.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our finishing is so so poor. Chances for both Lacazette and Auba to give us the lead.

Defensive organization holding firm though, they are looking for the loose balls to attack us. Marking Guendouzi and Xhaka pretty tightly in the process.

We need to focus, we could easily lose this

MikeVinna

Established Member
In positive news. Xhaka-Guendouzi pivot performed well, so did Mustafi for the most part.

Still, all 3 of them are a goal-gift waiting to be unwrapped.

Martinelli - Auba - Pepe

That would give us more of a goal threat with inverted wingers and Auba making runs. Hope sweet PEA puts on his shooting boots in the break.

Jae

Think Lacazette, Özil and Guendouzi are the issues at the minute. Not winning the ball in the middle of the park and we can't hold onto it up front. Özil's head has gone as well which hasn't helped.

Laca off, Pepe on. Auba up top, switch Martinelli to the left. Ceballos or Willock for Özil and Torreira for Douzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom