• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don‘t really care about Emery‘s opinions as he‘s a really bad manager. Wenger, Löw, Mourinho, Arteta rate him highly, top managers.

It would be great if he started looking at himself more and stop looking for others to blame for his multiple failures. Özil could‘ve talked smack after his sacking but he didn‘t. He moved on and concentrated on his game while Emery the loser can‘t stop talking to his Spanish pals in the media. It appears only one of the two have some class.

He did an interview about his time at Arsenal and was asked about Özil, since a Madrid based paper like Marca have an interest in him.

I ask you again, where’s the lie? He said that Özil’s a good player and sometimes Arsenal play better with him, sometimes not.

The point about him being inconsistent and struggling with the physical intensity of the premier league more than some other top players is almost unanimously shared among football observers and leading people in the game.

I’m glad Emery’s gone but he’s not the one looking like a princess here.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He did an interview about his time at Arsenal and was asked about Özil, since a Madrid based paper like Marca have an interest in him.

I ask you again, where’s the lie? He said that Özil’s a good player and sometimes Arsenal play better with him, sometimes not.

The point about him being inconsistent and struggling with the physical intensity of the premier league more than some other top players is almost unanimously shared among football observers and leading people in the game.

I’m glad Emery’s gone but he’s not the one looking like a princess here.
Great managers like Wenger, Löw, Mourinho etc... will disagree. I think I‘ll trust their opinion more than „football observers“.

Also it‘s not Emery‘s first interview where he talks about Özil, he spoke to his other pal Balague too, a few weeks ago. It seems he‘s desperate to convince some poor club in Spain that it was not his fault he failed at Arsenal/PSG. Meanwhile Özil goes his business as usual, working hard to do his job while the loser Emery wants to take swipes every other day. Didn‘t expect this from him. I thought he had some class and could handle defeat with grace.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Great managers like Wenger, Löw, Mourinho etc... will disagree. I think I‘ll trust their opinion more than „football observers“.

Also it‘s not Emery‘s first interview where he talks about Özil, he spoke to his other pal Balague too, a few weeks ago. It seems he‘s desperate to convince some poor club in Spain that it was not his fault he failed at Arsenal/PSG. Meanwhile Özil goes his business as usual, working hard to do his job while the loser Emery wants to take swipes every other day. Didn‘t expect this from him. I thought he had some class and could handle defeat with grace.

Wenger on Özil after the last World Cup:
“When I watched him play, I could feel that there were situations in the game where he could have moved forward, progressed more vertically. But he played safely.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/07/...s-mesut-Özil-over-his-world-cup-performances/

Low at the prior World Cup to kicker magazine

Mesut needs to work on his body language. He has heard it from me, and I believe, also from Arsène Wenger.

“He is an inspired footballer. But when he fails or is not able to solve a deciding situation, he also needs to show that he can swallow that and send out signals like, ‘In spite of that, I am still here and I can still affect the game.’

Özil on his dressing down from Mourinho:

"Mourinho screamed at me 'Do you think two nice passes are enough? You think you are too good to enter a duel. You think you are so good that you can play at 50 per cent. Do you know what it looks like when you enter a duel? Let me show you.' He then tiptoed around the dressing room with his hands close to his body and pursed lips,

Mourinho was just laughing and sniped 'Are you giving up already? You are such a coward. What do you want to do? Get in the warm shower and wash your hair? Do you want to be alone? Or would you rather show your team-mates, the fans and me what you can do? You know what Mesut, why don't you start crying! You are such a crybaby, get in the shower. We do not need you.'

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't believe this. If this was true and Özil was interested, you get rid regardless. Losing his wage off the wage bill would be absolutely gargantuan. The rest of the season is a write off anyway so you'd just make do with Willock etc until the end of the season.
Arteta is under pressure to win the EL and get that CL spot, you’ll need Özil for that unless you’re replacing him.

goonerfamily

Arteta is under pressure to win the EL and get that CL spot, you’ll need Özil for that unless you’re replacing him.
Özil has looked a bit better under Arteta but ultimately contributed very little. I'm not sure losing Özil hinders our chances much, if at all, in winning the EL. After all, it is a KO tournament and Özil infamously never shows up on the big occasion. Losing his wage would be an enormous weight off our shoulders relative to how much he improves our chances of winning the EL (very little)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil has looked a bit better under Arteta but ultimately contributed very little. I'm not sure losing Özil hinders our chances much, if at all, in winning the EL. After all, it is a KO tournament and Özil infamously never shows up on the big occasion. Losing his wage would be an enormous weight off our shoulders relative to how much he improves our chances of winning the EL (very little)
You simply can’t lose players in January unless you sign replacements. You might want to play the next 6 months and 3 competitions with Auba, Laca, Pepe, Martinelli, Willock etc, but I’m not sure a new manager like Arteta is in a position to do that.

Willock done well vs Bournemouth but he’s been poor for a while otherwise.

goonerfamily

You simply can’t lose players in January unless you sign replacements. You might want to play the next 6 months and 3 competitions with Auba, Laca, Pepe, Martinelli, Willock etc, but I’m not sure a new manager like Arteta is in a position to do that.

Willock done well vs Bournemouth but he’s been poor for a while otherwise.
Fair enough. I do think it's important that we manage our wage bill more effectively to become competitive again but you also have to balance it against staying competetive until the end of the season.

For me, losing Özil and replacing him with Willock is very little net loss anymore but other fans are entitled to feel differently.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough. I do think it's important that we manage our wage bill more effectively to become competitive again but you also have to balance it against staying competetive until the end of the season.

For me, losing Özil and replacing him with Willock is very little net loss anymore but other fans are entitled to feel differently.

I don’t think Willock can replace what Özil provides. He’s not a number 10. He does provide different characteristics though.

Özil is definitely worth keeping but we just shouldn’t be depending on him as a primary function of our play anymore. He’s got talent you can’t teach but is meek as a kitten, and the fact he’s assisted less than 5% of Auba’s 60+ goals since he arrived shows that it’s not due to lack of quality around him.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Where’s the lie here? He’s given a pretty balanced assessment:

“He's a very good player, that's clear,” the 48-year-old said in an interview with Marca. “But the physical demands in the Premier League are high.

“His performances are unpredictable. He's a bit below the top players at the moment. Sometimes Arsenal play better with him but other times he doesn't make such a difference.”
Kraptoss rides again! Fake news spouting like a broken sewage pipe :drool:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
When you isolate quotes to drive a narrative :lol:

The same people also said
"If you love football, you love Özil" Wenger

"Özil is the best number 10 in the World" Mourinho

But hey, lets isolate the moments he has been criticized and ignore all the other praise. :facepalm:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Problem with Emery was that he froze him out regardless of performance. Arteta has gone the other way and starts him no matter who or how he plays.

Can there be no inbetween? :lol:

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Offered nothing today, but then willock coming on offered a little drive, but that flattered to deceive as his decision making was slow.

Arteta has so little to work with, given how the big names are performing (or not performing). On paper our attack should be lethal, but its slow, not incisive in the slightest, and needs a freshen up every bit as much as the defence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We need better playmaker Özil is trying but he is in clear decline you can blame everyone because of Özil performance it's all on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom