• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

Xhaka os important part in our midfield he can pass forward unlike Guendouzi or Torreira.

He's a good passer but still not in the mold of Petit, Viera, Fabregas and even Arteta.

We've fallen low with our quality in midfield, I would try Willock and Ceballos in there

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
No idea what Arteta is trying to do, but I really hope he's not going to persist with Laca. As much as Emery was criticised for tinkering too much, at least he had the guts to change what he thought wasn't working.
It wasn't guts. He was faffing about in the dark hoping something worked. He was clueless

TimT

What is this? :lol:

Top 4 was gone in November or something.

I said before not only top four but top six is even not attainable. There are already 6 teams that play better football consistently, and two more are also doing a lot better. Arsenal is playing for 9th place at best unless two new guys and the guys on the bench perform great till the end of the season.

Jae

Özil and Lacazette just look done to me. Lacazette at least tries, Özil gives up as soon as things start not going his way. Both need to be gone in the summer.

Guendouzi just isn't good enough at the minute. Always holds onto that ball for just that couple of seconds too long. Plays us into trouble with his passing all the time. Needs a season out on loan IMO.

Auba is even worse on the right than he is on the left. He misses far too many chances as well. Just play him up front or don't play him at all.

It seems that the only two players in our team capable of playing defence splitting passes are our two centre backs :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
When I saw the line up I thought we'd be lucky to get better than a draw. Arteta needs to take risks, by playing the kind of line up Emery would have selected is a concern. We are drawing far too many games that we should be winning. We are in our lowest ever PL position after 25 games, to improve Arteta has to take risks rather than going same old same old and selecting Laca & Özil regardless of form.

Our attack should have been Martinelli Auba Pepe, at least with that you get chances on the break. We now go away to Dubai following a poor performance and with little hope of top 4. A win would have made a huge difference to our trip and our optimism for a decent run in.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really poor performance. I said before the game that this game is all about the second ball and just getting there quickly. We needed to pick players who actually have acceleration.

Guendouzi, Laca, Özil and Xhaka look like they are running in sand at all times. We cannot afford to have zero athleticism in this kind of game.

Where the hall was AMN. Bellerin is literally back from Injury. Are we not even going to put an emergency option on the bench?

Finesse

This is a good lesson for the manager. We changed a lot around today. The system is still not well implemented enough for us to move players around.

Saka and Martinelli has been our most dangerous flank. We changed that today. We could not make anything happen on either flanks. Martinelli is better coming inside from the left with Sama always overlapping to provide an outlet. We missed that today.

The midfield lost balance as soon as Xhaka moved to the left side. We lacked composure and the right passes to find the forwards.

Özil kept us in the game in patches. Many find him the outlet to vent their anger during the games. However can anyone who was happy he got off tell me what impact his replacement brought in? We were just dire from then.

Laca N Auba are rusty. Sort it out. An early goal would have put us in control.

Burnley apart from their hard work are dire. Any other team would have been out of sight today.

Arteta learned a lot this afternoon from his team and system and must be lucky to get a draw.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Don't know about that Özil did a huge amount of work of the ball 2nd half ,also the best chance in the 2nd half he set up Marti should have passed .
That's why I said motivation & not ability. He still does it now & then but looks highly frustrated again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom