• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Pepes blue pill

Tbf, it is quite amusing watching Emery get slated only to see the two managers that followed copy his homework.

They’ve come to a lot of the same conclusions/omissions as he did. He was spot on in his recent interview when he said the fans got him out of there.

He got himself outta the club by being god damn awful, who the fuc k plays without any midfield and allowed sh it like watford to have a million shots of your goal :lol::rofl:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The atmosphere had a part to play in that though. The tactics might be different but the team selections and subs are quite similar in my opinion - it’s just +/- Özil, which was my point

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Ancelotti has made more of an impact and Everton have a far worse team than we do, and this is with a supposedly finished Ancelotti. The lack of an immediate impact is worrying. Also it keeps being mentioned that our defence has been improved but against Leeds, Palace, Sheffield and even today we got let off the hook so many times, the defending was far from convincing.

We can only hope the short term suffering will pay off in the long term but we're gonna have to see some serious improvement in the coming weeks. Starting to feel like we should have just offered Arteta the role until the end of the season, we can't be in a position where United are now deluding themselves into thinking Ole just needs time when all the evidence is stacked against him but they do nothing. If there's no serious improvement Arteta should be sacked in the summer.
Remember Arteta told us about installing the winning mentality at Arsenal in his first press-conference, and since he has won only 1 league game?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ancelotti has made more of an impact and Everton have a far worse team than we do, and this is with a supposedly finished Ancelotti. The lack of an immediate impact is worrying. Also it keeps being mentioned that our defence has been improved but against Leeds, Palace, Sheffield and even today we got let off the hook so many times, the defending was far from convincing.

We can only hope the short term suffering will pay off in the long term but we're gonna have to see some serious improvement in the coming weeks. Starting to feel like we should have just offered Arteta the role until the end of the season, we can't be in a position where United are now deluding themselves into thinking Ole just needs time when all the evidence is stacked against him but they do nothing. If there's no serious improvement Arteta should be sacked in the summer.
Too late now, hes here for another 2 seasons at least. The Pepe situation needs sorting asap, we have spent 72m on this kid.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Comparisons between his selection and Emery's are fair but Emery picked the players we currently have. I think Arteta's options are limited by injuries and players he would never have purchased. He will do his best, but I've said for a while that we have poor players and our fall down the table is a direct consequence. So much to do.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Emery didn’t have any full backs to pick this season though, he had his fair share of injury probs too.

Listen, Emery wasn’t right for Arsenal so I’m not defending him I’m just saying he had fair points and it wasn’t entirely his fault.

A lot of questionable characters have gotten away with our current predicament with zero consequences and are still here. If you can’t see it now, I’ll just spell it out to you, the same fate awaits Arteta. At some point, whether this season or next- he will be made to look stupid too.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Look at how much our squad and starting 11 has deteriorated

None of our starting 11 players would get in that starting 11 other than Auba

And that team wasn't good enough to win the league or CL.

Arteta should be held accountable but the tools he's working with really aren't up to it.

LG10

Really starting to worry about his terrible in game management and lineups. The fact that he doesn’t see the issues of starting Özil and Lacazette in the same line up is amateur. A front 4 of Auba,Özil,Martinelli, Laca is jokes as well.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Ultimately Arteta can only pick the players, not finish their chances for them. We should have been up 3-0 in the first half hour of the game but our 2 50m strikers fluffed 3 clear chances. I do agree that his persistence with Lacazette and Özil is an issue but the man is keeping clean sheets with Mustafi ffs. He's done an excellent job of at the very least making us a respectable side again. The draws are very frustrating to be sure but we are much more solid at the back which is at least somewhat encouraging. The issue is the absolute dearth of goals and when you have 4 clear chances all wasted today then it's very difficult for me to pin that on the manager.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Look at how much our squad and starting 11 has deteriorated

None of our starting 11 players would get in that starting 11 other than Auba

Clichy, Djourou, Eboue, Song, Walcott.. Not like that starting xi was filled with only quality players either.. Worked much better as a team though I suppose.

Pepes blue pill

Ultimately Arteta can only pick the players, not finish their chances for them. We should have been up 3-0 in the first half hour of the game but our 2 50m strikers fluffed 3 clear chances. I do agree that his persistence with Lacazette and Özil is an issue but the man is keeping clean sheets with Mustafi ffs. He's done an excellent job of at the very least making us a respectable side again. The draws are very frustrating to be sure but we are much more solid at the back which is at least somewhat encouraging. The issue is the absolute dearth of goals and when you have 4 clear chances all wasted today then it's very difficult for me to pin that on the manager.

Yep, I think anyone who manages us will get stick from the fanbase as too many won't accept we aint a top team atm, too many think we have a given right to just turn up and beat everyone, liverpool are far far bigger than Arsenal and this will be their 1st title in 30 fuc king years, we need to accept how far we have dropped and have patience, this is gonna be a long long journey

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Yep, I think anyone who manages us will get stick from the fanbase as too many won't accept we aint a top team atm, too many think we have a given right to just turn up and beat everyone, liverpool are far far bigger than Arsenal and this will be their 1st title in 30 fuc king years, we need to accept how far we have dropped and have patience, this is gonna be a long long journey
I have no issue whatsoever with any constructive criticism of anyone at the club. When it just devolves to puerile nonsense that doesn't jive with reality then it frustrates me. The guy didn't inherit a stable team. He inherited an absolute, unmitigated disaster and everyone with eyes knew it was going to take some time to turn around. He's made a recognizable difference in terms of the effort levels, organization and development of the players in the span of a few short weeks.

It's rather telling that those who are acting like he's some sort of failure are the same people who can only contribute memes and Claude style rants but don't possess the acuity to analyze his tactics or how our possession has improved or how we're conceding far fewer shots on goal since he arrived. In spite of the frustrating results which are largely down to a lack of composure when chances are created, there have been far more positives than negatives in terms of what Arteta has brought but you have people with agendas and banter level footballing intelligence whining and moaning with no real basis.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You kinda have to start Özil tbh. It’s pathetic but you have to pander to him, otherwise the fans and players start looking at you funny.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You kinda have to start Özil tbh. It’s pathetic but you have to pander to him, otherwise the fans and players start looking at you funny.

What a sad state of affairs, that last contract we gave him arguably one of the worst decisions in recent history of this club. We were so desperate to save face after the Alexis debacle and at the time probably didn't want to lose Ramsey too (obviously things changed in that regard) and we just gave him an obscene contract, one which he wouldn't have gotten anywhere else anyways.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The bottom line is that these players are ****ing losers and our recruitment is horrendous. We've blamed successive managers but in the end we've had several years of dreadful recruitment. Wenger was the one who took the bullet, Emery got the sack, Freddie couldn't do anything and was slandered, Arteta's now struggling to get wins in the league. The common denominator is the players, not necessarily even the same ones that Wenger had but then we're bringing in guys like Luiz who're renowned for high profile mistakes, Pepe who's struggling, Ceballos who's been a massive flop.

Even if you think we've got a talented group of youngsters you do nothing with kids, not immediately you have to suffer first. In that regard it's probably best we do stick with Arteta, because the manager is always the one who takes the fall but we're seeing the same issues with successive managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’re inventing your own narrative and running with it. Arteta has continuously said he’ll pick the players who are showing the most in training etc.

His options are limited.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When Arteta came I said we’ll continue to lose and draw most weeks, said it a few times. The squad is damaged and there is little Arteta can do.

Top Bottom