• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
People will tell you he not good enough. I don't rate him highly but at Liverpool he was very good
Özil doesn’t seem to have much left in his tank. Don't think we will see him at his best consistently in an Arsenal shirt.

At least Coutinho is a player that can force something when the team doesn't click. He doesn't need the team to be in form in order to deliver. He's not my preferred player for our team/situation but he'll do a lot more than Özil. Would swap them in a heartbeat.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil doesn’t seem to have much left in his tank. Don't think we will see him at his best consistently in an Arsenal shirt.

At least Coutinho is a player that can force something when the team doesn't click. He doesn't need the team to be in form in order to deliver. He's not my preferred player for our team/situation but he'll do a lot more than Özil. Would swap them in a heartbeat.
He has individual ability, I’ll give you that, but it’s pretty rare. Other than one outstanding season at Liverpool and his current season in a farmers league his productivity is underwhelming.

I think we need a better footballer, like a Nasri.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He has individual ability, I’ll give you that, but it’s pretty rare. Other than one outstanding season at Liverpool and his current season in a farmers league his productivity is underwhelming.

I think we need a better footballer, like a Nasri.
Agreed that he hasn't showed it apart from Liverpool, but he has showed it in the PL. The guy gave the whole league nightmares each time he touched the ball anywhere near the edge of the box.

Who do you want realistically? I'm sure we can all agree Özil is not it.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Özil runs around alot: Thread is toxic, with arguments kicking off and the usual bods claiming his critics have been put to the sword.

Özil has yet another nothing performance: Thread is a morgue.

Come on Mesut, you 350k fraudulent ****ing pancake. You're killing MY thread :facepalm:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Gotta laugh with all the ridiculous attempts by select few members that still feel animosity against Özil.

They probably wet their pants when Freddie left Özil out at Everton and then made the comments after the game. Must have felt a sense of accomplishment and justified. (check comments few pages back )

Well guess what, Arteta had a different idea and made Özil (and Xhaka/Torreira) vital parts of how he wants his team to play on transitions. Completely opposite of your expectations.

Shame that your *accomplishment* was so short lived :lol: :lol:

Top post, why all of those who simply don't want Özil at our team cannot accept they were wrong, is quite ridiculous.

It is very obvious in this thread and probably to few others who are not around here anymore :)
This is aging fantastically well :drool:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Folks can’t admit that Emery was at the root of Özil’s struggles because they’re too weak to say they were wrong

Emery was a fraud. If you backed him over Özil you were wrong

If you think Özil could have succeeded and lifted the team if he “cared” or wasn’t lazy you were wrong

If you said he was finished you were wrong

If you said he was useless and his role was extinct in the modern game you were wrong

If you said Ceballos or Willock or Torreira or Laca or Smith-Rowe would be better at #10 you were wrong

Özil like, many other players, were set up for failure by a fraud

All of the criticism disguised as praise is pathetic

Özil was and remains a unique world class talent with a passion for football and is a proven champion

Emery wasted that for 18 months

But you were wrong. Özil is far from finished

How now brown cow? :drool:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Özil is the least of our problem right now, we can't string 5 decent passes together in the final third. Everyone bar Özil and maybe guendouzi have a touch of a donkey.

I'm an Özil critic but I feel sorry for him out there, in terms of footballing iq, we really are a relegation level. Partly have to blame Emery for this. Because decision making from our midfield/attackers players (exclude xhaka since he ended up at lb) was dire.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil is the least of our problem right now, we can't string 5 decent passes together in the final third. Everyone bar Özil and maybe guendouzi have a touch of a donkey.

I'm an Özil critic but I feel sorry for him out there, in terms of footballing iq, we really are a relegation level. Partly have to blame Emery for this. Because decision making from our midfield/attackers players (exclude xhaka since he ended up at lb) was dire.

He's offering nothing at the moment. Safe, simple passing if and when he happens to be found in space and someone's kind enough to not try and close him down.

I'm not surprised to see the same rhetoric blaming everyone but Özil. He's been outfought, outscored and out assisted by Iwobi and Mkhitaryan since signing a new contract despite them leaving the club 6 months ago ffs.

His lack of assertiveness has a knock on effect. So he is not the least of our worries. He's by far our best paid and most experienced player. Our defenders can't progress the ball because he's offering neither movement or hold up play.

The sad thing is I think he's mentally retired from football. He's got bigger interests outside the game and feels unloved by his own country. He's an emotionally needy individual but we can no longer afford to hold his hand.

scytheavatar

Established Member
249n988jhle41.png

A good explanation of Özil's role in our current setup. Think fans need to understand, Özil now isn't playing the number 10 creator role. He's playing the role of facilitator for Saka, and the injury of Saka messed up Arteta's gameplan.

Jae

249n988jhle41.png

A good explanation of Özil's role in our current setup. Think fans need to understand, Özil now isn't playing the number 10 creator role. He's playing the role of facilitator for Saka, and the injury of Saka messed up Arteta's gameplan.

Sounds like a load of bollocks that some Özil fan has cooked up to justify his poor performance to be honest mate. What excuse do they have for the two years previous to Saka getting promoted to the squad? :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Nothing was coming off him yesterday and he was truly shocking. Good on Arteta to hook him off early.

This is aging fantastically well :drool:
Nice find of one post among many. When you have clowns who can't finish easy chances like yesterday, it's always going to be a problem.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Thanks for posting. I was feeling a bit down and could do with a good laugh. That post you copied in is just epic in its sheer stupidity!
Nativity as well, sadly.

Imagine writing all that bollock-swelling prose knowing full well that’s going to be your last opportunity for about 3 months, and you’re going to get it rammed down your pie hole every week until your next instalment. Backing this guy is a **** mission. If they haven’t learned now, they never will. It’s a mugs game. Problem is, away from our silly back and forths, we’re all losing at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Sounds like a load of bollocks that some Özil fan has cooked up to justify his poor performance to be honest mate. What excuse do they have for the two years previous to Saka getting promoted to the squad? :lol:
He’s not a number 10 anymore so we can’t expect assists goals or anything. It’s gone beyond parody.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

"Facilitator for Saka" you know :lol: Saka looked just fine in midweek without Özil facilitating him. I think we're accommodating him due to his seniority and protecting the togetherness of the squad.

I'm just tired of the excuses. Before we signed Auba, it was Giroud's lack of mobility that was the problem, then his contract issue, then it was the world cup fall out, then the attempted robbery, then Emery bullying him, then Saka going off.

I'm ready for Coronavirus to be wheeled out next

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
249n988jhle41.png

I don’t think there are many left trying or willing to understand anymore. Players with a fraction of his talent, experience and ability aren’t afforded it, so why is he? He’s expected to overcome and adapt even just enough to influence games, but he can’t seem to. It’s a problem he’s had for large parts for a long time. His previous 4 managers have all said it, and there’s no reason it’s going to improve the older and less motivated he becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom