• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Sometimes I hate following Arsenal
and feel ashamed because we honestly have some of the worst fans in the world.

Already writing Arteta off.

Jesus christ, we really deserve the refs bias and the library label the Emirates get.

And the club been seen as weak and fickle.

Horrible supporters.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Arteta is a coach not a manager. I think he has us doing what Emery would have wanted and that is battle! Our play is crap and he's bottling decisions.

Unimpressed so far. Only thing I'd credit him with is Niles and Torreria' return to form.

goonerfamily

Look at how much our squad and starting 11 has deteriorated

None of our starting 11 players would get in that starting 11 other than Auba

And that team wasn't good enough to win the league or CL.

Arteta should be held accountable but the tools he's working with really aren't up to it.

I think a big reason our fall off is so pronounced is our midfield. Compare Song, Wilshere, Fabregas to the ****e we put out every week. The 14/15 side was the last side we had that was only a couple of players away from genuinely contending and in our midfield we had the likes of Cazorla, prime Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky (actual ballers) compared to the static, nothing midfielders we have now.

We score very few away goals because our midfield has no creativity or athleticism and our attackers aren't elite tier enough to create chances from nothing.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
The defensive job he done is so underrated so far. Since he took over we only conceded twice two goals so far against Chelsea (3 standards - individuall error Leno, individuall error Mustafi, corner inclusive debatable offside position from Abraham, only the counter attack was a normal goal we conceded).

We can build on this defensive structure, because our offensive players are always good for 1 or 2 goals. So there is a much higher chance to win these close games. And this with players like AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, Saka and Xhaka as left back. He can't even play the save defensive back-line week to week, because of injuries (Kolasinac, Sokratis, Bellerin, Saka) or suspensions (Luiz). With Bellerin-Saliba-X-Tierney it could look even better next season.

We already have seen how we can control our opponents in our good halfs. Next step will be to find better solutions in the final third - there is some individual quality but together they are not working yet.
Nelson started for him, got injured. Auba got a red card. Pepe with good and bad games and Laca and Özil not performing on the level we need.

Would be nice, if there would be less injuries in the next weeks and he will find his clear first 11.

Think he still will give starts for players like Özil, Laca and Mustafi, because he has to know, which players he can trust next season. He said he wants 100% from the players and hopefully we can trust him with that.

I don't like his ingame changes too, but don't forget he never coached a team before. Of course he has to learn things and i'm pretty sure he will.

I would say there a lot of positives so far and this even without a pre-season or types of players he wants in his team.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think everyone needs to relax who are blaming our situation on Arteta. He has improved our setup significantly and we are not leaking goals and shots as earlier. It was a clean sheet away from home (albeit with some luck). We are more solid and compact. If our attackers had buried one or two of the gilded chances we had at the start we might be having a different conversation.

There is still lots of room for improvement. He is trying to get players like Özil to kick into gear and he is giving everyone a chance. His problem is that with e.g. Özil I don't think it will happen. But regardless I applaud Arteta for trying. He is the coach and he is trying to get every single player on the roster to improve. Let's wait until the summer. Hopefully there will be a bit of a clear out of deadwood like Özil and we can get one or two good midfielders in. Our young academy players might also step up. Saka has e.g. been a revelation since nailing down the left back spot.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I'm very interested to see what we do in the summer, I'm under the assumption that Arteta would have been guaranteed something of worth in the transfer window when he agreed to come here. There's not much more to be excited about this far into his career here, he's done nothing that I wouldn't expect some old manager coming in would have done.

WiscoGooner8

The criticism is harsh. Many people were saying they’re fine if there isn’t much improvement in the beginning if we show a clear plan, and now those same people are going against their words. We have shown a more clear strategy of trying to control the ball and game with possession and he has undoubtedly made us better in defense without playing 9 defensive players like Emery. What surprises me is that our attack isn’t better. I think that has more to do with an awful midfield with no creation outside of Özil and strikers who can’t create for themselves.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Can't believe Mikel is getting stick. As disgusted as I am with these awful draws, he's stabilised us and enabled us to assess what we have and what we don't. That can't be underestimated. We have to build from a solid base and that's what I think he's doing. Our results are **** because we have **** players, inexperienced players and and wastes of space and money.

Gunner-Union

Midfield is the prob they are all useless tbh and can’t creat or score. We need three new cm including a grealish/Maddison type

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I felt we didn't do too badly at getting the ball into the final 3rd today actually, particularly some of Xhaka's passes I thought were really good. Guendouzi had a bit of an off day though, didn't think he was great.

Where Arteta kinda ****ed up was the forwards. He keeps trying to shoehorn both Laca and Auba in, which inevitably sacrifices some technical security as neither of them offer it, and Martinelli was also next to them. We essentially had 3 strikers all in the front 3, no wide men, no dribblers, no passers - the one dribbler we had on the field got hurt halfway through the match. We needed Pepe today, at least for his dribbling - I know his end product hasn't been what we hoped it would be so far.

Can see what Arteta's trying to do, but his use of the profiles we have has been a little inconsistent so far, most probably because he's trying to keep the squad happy by at least treating the big names well. Because Özil and Lacazette are both hampering the team.

Arteta has to put more legs in the midfield and forward areas. Not enough thrust at the moment. Not much he can do in terms of options but I'd like to see him try something different. This is a good test for him so far.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He's not above criticism, but to say there hasn't been improvements is OTT.

We were leaking shots and had zero confidence and that has visibly improved. He has made a difference in AMN, Xhaka and Torreiras form. Hell, even clowns like Luiz are playing better.

Arteta has time before he becomes a problem the way the three amigos (and their recruiting policies), Kroenke and Emery are/were.

The mess made by not sacking Emery earlier in the season has taken its price. Fitness, tactics and form were all thing we could have worked on regardless of who was appointed.

I'll reiterate what I've said before, this club needs someone who can do what Klopp and to some extent Nuno have done at Liverpool and Wolves respectively. I.e. someone who can permeate the club with his footballing values and gets buy in from top to bottom.

Is Arteta that guy? He could be, which is more than Emery could say, unfortunately.

let’s hope he is, but if he isn’t let’s hope the club acts on it sooner rather than later.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Think he needs to start acting on his words that charmed all of us. If you're not putting 100% out there, binned. Simple. What a shambolic performance, it was like watching Emery's Arsenal out there today.

Please stop this Lacazette and Auba experiment.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta says they practiced on unwatered grass in preperation for the game as he knew that's what Burnley would do. Turns out the grass on the pitch was unwatered and uncut!

Arteta knows his stuff.

GoonerJay24

Yep, I think anyone who manages us will get stick from the fanbase as too many won't accept we aint a top team atm, too many think we have a given right to just turn up and beat everyone, liverpool are far far bigger than Arsenal and this will be their 1st title in 30 fuc king years, we need to accept how far we have dropped and have patience, this is gonna be a long long journey

Nonsense

Wryer

Surprised Torreira was dropped, considering his resurgence and his ability to pick out Özil quickly. The moment Guendozi lost/struggled with his first physical battle, they say were all over him. Also surprised the burgeoning Saka-Martinelli partnership was broken up.

Strange decisions I thought. Of course, it could be argued that Arteta wanted Guendozi's ability to break forward, and also to accommodate Auba's return. But it's just odd to me.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom