• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

bandaid

Can't argue with what I've said and then accuse me of being an Emery defender kek. Nice deflection. I was saying Arteta is not doing any much better than Emery. Keep enjoying your Arteta and mediocrity. Sheeps like you and Gdeep are aplenty on this forum. Kroenkes love fans like you.

OK Bum-mery

:D

Bergkamp1988

We need goals and I believe we have the players to get them..

I think we'd look much better up front with this set up..

Martinelli Aubameyang Pepe

I really hope Arteta gives Lacazette a break, he could win back his confidence little by little by coming in later in the game when the opposition is tired and he steps in fit and hungry. But he is not cutting it right now.
Martinelli has shown great stuff on the left and great discomfort on the right. And we don't really have any other option on the left so let's keep him there.
As inconsistent as he is, Pepe is pretty much our only viable option on the right wing, might as well keep playing him and hope he gets his mojo
Back. Plus he's shown much more promess under Arteta.
I don't mind keeping Özil as a starter until the end of the season but I just wished he'd drop down field a little more often. He was doing it very well during the first games under Arteta and it made him more elusive for the opponent.
Also when he does get replaced, it would be nice to see Ceballos rather than Willock. Ceballos has been a bit of a flop but he has been injured and hasn't had a real chance yet. We've all seen what he was capable of when in form.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If Arteta says he wants a player but gets told he can't get him because the money isn't there what do you expect Arteta to do? Quit?

I expect him to give Raul a list of players he wants to sell to raise funds. He is going to need to do that in the summer irregardless if we have enough funds or not cause the truth is very few of our current players are good enough to carry us forward a few years from now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Clichy, Djourou, Eboue, Song, Walcott.. Not like that starting xi was filled with only quality players either.. Worked much better as a team though I suppose.

You can say Song wasn't great...but he could physically hold his own in the middle, he had a great mix of power and passing...unlike Xhaka who can't move, or Guendouzi who is as strong on the ball as an infant.

You can say Clichy and Eboue weren't great...but both were so fast, and neither were as injury prone as the 10 other fullback we have at the club...seriously a bunch of crocks :lol:

People shouldn't underestimate how important physical attributes are in this league, look how well Liverpool are doing with a largely physically based midfield...we have very few fast AND powerful players in this team, especially in defence and midfield.

All this without even talking about how this team is nowhere near the technical quality the 2010/2011 team had...Cesc, RVP, Nasri, Wilshere, no players near that in this squad.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Surprised Torreira was dropped, considering his resurgence and his ability to pick out Özil quickly. The moment Guendozi lost/struggled with his first physical battle, they say were all over him. Also surprised the burgeoning Saka-Martinelli partnership was broken up.

Strange decisions I thought. Of course, it could be argued that Arteta wanted Guendozi's ability to break forward, and also to accommodate Auba's return. But it's just odd to me.

I wasn't surprised to see Torreira dropped. Burnley have two tactics, get it out wide and pump in crosses to the big men or get it out wide, win a free kick and pump it in to the big men! Torreira is good when the ball is on the floor but not so much against an aerial bombardment

GoonerJay24

Of course they are, Liverpool is a super club, only Real/Barca are bigger.

They are one of Europe's biggest clubs due to their Champions League success and trophy cabinet, bigger than Arsenal.

But we're still a big club, due to the Wenger era probably have more global fans than Liverpool as well as earning more money and owning the greater stadium.

Both historical clubs, Liverpool are slightly bigger but not way ahead of us like that fool earlier was saying lol

Wryer

I wasn't surprised to see Torreira dropped. Burnley have two tactics, get it out wide and pump in crosses to the big men or get it out wide, win a free kick and pump it in to the big men! Torreira is good when the ball is on the floor but not so much against an aerial bombardment

Fair point. But I honestly struggle to see what Guendozi adds aerially or defensively.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta misjudged the opposition by going with an unbalanced squad yesterday.

By switching him on the right, why sacrifice Martinelli who is on hot form, only to accommodate Laca who is hugely underperforming ?

What does Arteta see in Laca that we don't? He is holding our attack back and as you say Martinelli on the left has been great and he's built a good partnership with Saka. I'm sure he can play across the front 3 but there was no need for it if Laca had been benched. Pepe is slowly improving but more importantly he has it in him to do something that changes the game. Dropping him for Laca will knock him back and send him to Dubai with negative thoughts. Poor management from Arteta.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Just saw this tweet today. Our two wide players in the middle of the pitch linking up and creating a goal.

I don’t now how Arteta wants to play, but I think a reason we’re struggling now is because we don’t have this in our team any more. Our wide players are more direct or simply don’t have that in their game.

chessygoal

What does Arteta see in Laca that we don't? He is holding our attack back and as you say Martinelli on the left has been great and he's built a good partnership with Saka. I'm sure he can play across the front 3 but there was no need for it if Laca had been benched. Pepe is slowly improving but more importantly he has it in him to do something that changes the game. Dropping him for Laca will knock him back and send him to Dubai with negative thoughts. Poor management from Arteta.
Having Laca in the middle, dropping and dragging CBs creates space for Auba to run into.
It worked twice yesterday, on a better day Auba would have buried those chances and it would have been an easy win.

Riou

Just saw this tweet today. Our two wide players in the middle of the pitch linking up and creating a goal.

I don’t now how Arteta wants to play, but I think a reason we’re struggling now is because we don’t have this in our team any more. Our wide players are more direct or simply don’t have that in their game.

Still think it was a mistake to sell Iwobi, would have given us a good option on the left, even if he was frustrating sometimes.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Should’ve signed Ziyech in the summer.

Riou

Who decided the sales/purchases last year? Wasn’t Emery.

Big Raul I assume.

I probably would have sold Laca at the start of the season, and kept Iwobi, kept Welbeck/Eddie too as backups to Auba...would have been very harsh on Laca who was quality last year, but having both him and Pierre in the squad is really hurting the team's balance.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Big Raul I assume.

I probably would have sold Laca at the start of the season, and kept Iwobi, kept Welbeck/Eddie too as backups to Auba...would have been very harsh on Laca who was quality last year, but having both him and Pierre in the squad is really hurting the team's balance.

Should sell the pair of them this summer and just have one main striker with Nketiah and Martinelli in reserve. Use the rest of the money to buy a LW.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom