• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Should probably be looking at loaning Pepe and Lacazette too, get their confidence back ready for the 21/22 season.
Feel sorry for Arteta. When you come in mid season you’re in deep **** really. Lacazette and Pepe situations are a pain for him, you feel he has no choice but to try and play Laca into form.

Im surprised we’ve even got the draws we have, team is really a mess when you look at it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If they dont extend they will be gone, the club can't afford anymore players walking out on a free. This summer is going to be critical, HUGE clear out needed.
Isn't that the same story for the last 10 years? We all expect huge clear out but we end up buying 32 year old defender and a dodgy midfielder.

The best thing that could happen is both Auba and Laca leaving, Martinelli taking CF role and we buy WC left forward. Basically solves all of our attacking problems and we could still end up saving money.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Isn't that the same story for the last 10 years? We all expect huge clear out but we end up buying 32 year old defender and a dodgy midfielder.

The best thing that could happen is both Auba and Laca leaving, Martinelli taking CF role and we buy WC left forward. Basically solves all of our attacking problems and we could still end up saving money.
You can’t leave a 18-19 year old as your main striker with another kid as a backup. Even United wouldn’t do that and that’s saying something.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You can’t leave a 18-19 year old as your main striker with another kid as a backup. Even United wouldn’t do that and that’s saying something.
I don't think we have transfer ban this summer. Selling 2 strikers that didn't work well for us is a no brainer. Auba did well but he will be 31 and you don't wanna sign a massive contract with him anymore.

Arsenal fans and the board are usually scared to death when it comes to selling players who obviously don't work well for us and somehow it was always better to keep underperforming players just because of their name.
Smart reinvestment of money is something that we struggle with and that's one of the most important things to do when you are in transition.

The idea that we can't start the season with 19y old Martinelli but we are happy to start it with Laca is beyond me I'm afraid. That's ageism at it's best and it has nothing to do with players ability to get us better results.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Keeping Auba and selling Lacazette would be the best move. Martinelli might have similar thoughts to Abraham did with Cavani.

But the pressure and expectations is too much for him to be first choice. Just look at this thread going from Madrid talk to a sudden loan season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we have transfer ban this summer. Selling 2 strikers that didn't work well for us is a no brainer. Auba did well but he will be 31 and you don't wanna sign a massive contract with him anymore.

Arsenal fans and the board are usually scared to death when it comes to selling players who obviously don't work well for us and somehow it was always better to keep underperforming players just because of their name.
Smart reinvestment of money is something that we struggle with and that's one of the most important things to do when you are in transition.

The idea that we can't start the season with 19y old Martinelli but we are happy to start it with Laca is beyond me I'm afraid. That's ageism at it's best and it has nothing to do with players ability to get us better results.
2 things. Firstly, I didn’t necessarily say keep them. I’m just saying it is idiotic and more of a fifa career mode thing to do to leave a 19 year old as your main striking option. No one who actually has a career in football would ever let that happen and it’s just a fact. We would need to sign a new striker if we lost 2.

Secondly, it’s not ageism lol... we haven’t even seen what Martinelli has to properly offer yet. He’s played like 10 PL games for us. We have learnt multiple times that putting too much pressure on a young player is risking their growth both ability wise and physically. People are getting carried away with Martinelli right now, he’s not Mbappe.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
2 things. Firstly, I didn’t necessarily say keep them. I’m just saying it is idiotic and more of a fifa career mode thing to do to leave a 19 year old as your main striking option. No one who actually has a career in football would ever let that happen and it’s just a fact. We would need to sign a new striker if we lost 2.

Secondly, it’s not ageism lol... we haven’t even seen what Martinelli has to properly offer yet. He’s played like 10 PL games for us. We have learnt multiple times that putting too much pressure on a young player is risking their growth both ability wise and physically. People are getting carried away with Martinelli right now, he’s not Mbappe.
How old is Haaland if I may ask? Player that only started his career and played zero games in Bundesliga before Dortmund decided to have him as a main CF option. Should they buy another 27y old bum so they can say they have some experience? I would say no.
We are talking here about Dortmund, the club that targets good CL results and Bundesliga title and the club that would mop the floor with us.

Quality management will make big decisions like Dortmund does, average will play it safe and continue with steady decline.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Keeping Auba and selling Lacazette would be the best move. Martinelli might have similar thoughts to Abraham did with Cavani.

But the pressure and expectations is too much for him to be first choice. Just look at this thread going from Madrid talk to a sudden loan season.

If we can keep Auba for a year or 2 then I agree, it depends what he wants really and what he can get elsewhere. We need to focus on Martinelli, we cant afford to lose him because he's the future, Auba and Laca aren't. I would also keep Nketiah involved, I still rate him and he could quite easily move on if he feels he has no future here. There is another young striker, cant remember his name but he'll be looking for 1st team chances soon so we are in a good position with young strikers. As I said, Auba for a year or 2 would be ideal.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup :lol:

Although we have actually had a big clear out the last 2 years and got worse .

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
In any case, the same history repeats again. In a good match full of goals, that would be a clear indication for his fanboys that Martinelli would be a talent that appears once every ten years. In a bad match, for the haters, that would mean that Martinelli is not valid for Arsenal and the loan would be the best possible option.

The truth, as always, is that both are wrong and they fall by excess and their own desires and erroneous assessments. The reality is between these opposites. He's good enough to be part of the Arsenal squad, but he probably is not a generational talent and he still certainly doesn't have the consistency required to play every week as starter.

It is the old story that we see in these football forums over and over again.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
How old is Haaland if I may ask? Player that only started his career and played zero games in Bundesliga before Dortmund decided to have him as a main CF option. Should they buy another 27y old bum so they can say they have some experience? I would say no.
We are talking here about Dortmund, the club that targets good CL results and Bundesliga title and the club that would mop the floor with us.

Quality management will make big decisions like Dortmund does, average will play it safe and continue with steady decline.

Yes, but don't forget that the Premier League is much tougher and more competitive than the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. It is a completely different game, there is much more contact and more pressure to receive the first ball. Several players have difficult transition when moving to the EPL.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes, but don't forget that the Premier League is much tougher and more competitive than the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. It is a completely different game, there is much more contact and more pressure to receive the first ball. Several players have difficult transition when moving to the EPL.
Isn't that the same rule that would apply for both 19y old and 27y old player? Both could struggle with the pace and physicality of the league, but it's the quality and persistence that will make the difference of who makes it or not, not their age.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Agree with all of this except I'd want only Laca to go with Auba going the following year, I think losing both Laca and Auba would be very negative in the same window.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Lol it’s laughable you are automatically comparing our player to the most exciting under 20 year old in Europe right now. Haaland scored like 5-6 goals in the CL groups alone.

Apparently because we finally have an exciting young player he’s comparable to Europe’s best, the state of this fan base. The desperation is real.

progman07

Established Member
Martinelli needs to be playing centrally. Based on his games soo far, he is a player who has the pace, aggression, confidence, movement and goal-scoring ability of the highest level.

For the future, I could imagine Saka playing as a left winger, and Martinelli centrally. He is wasted on the wings, especially on the right.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Lol it’s laughable you are automatically comparing our player to the most exciting under 20 year old in Europe right now. Haaland scored like 5-6 goals in the CL groups alone.

Apparently because we finally have an exciting young player he’s comparable to Europe’s best, the state of this fan base. The desperation is real.
Why would it be so shocking to you if we would have one of the best talents at our club? Not so long ago, Arsenal had some of the best young players in Europe but these days by default all of our young players are rubbish before they even touch the ball.
We are comparing Martinelli to Laca who basically killed his Arsenal career this season and Auba who will be 31 on a massive salary request.

What exactly is so shocking about bringing in WC left forward and keep Martinelli as the main CF instead of having a broken attack with Auba and Laca? This is not even a football manager theory, it's a completely valid opinion that financially we could get top quality LF by selling both Laca and Auba

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I knew Arsenal fans would turn on Martinelli, didn't think it will be this soon.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol:
look at Man U to see what shouldering the entire attacking responsibility on talented boys look like - and they have two. One of them is overplayed and ruined anyways.

One of Auba and Laca will stay, sorry to break it to you lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom