• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think it's time to cut our losses. Get as much as we can for him and move on. Having two £55m strikers was just bad squad planning.

Sell him and if Auba is going him as well. Get one key striker and Martinelli/Nketiah as back up then rebalance squad with a winger.

Ashybashy86

Laca fans 2018 : He needs 100% trust and not being subbed at 70 min every game to get the best out of him.

Laca fans 2020 : He needs to be dropped and benched to get the best out of him.
It's as if you think opinions about a players can't change. Also, those two statement are very selective to suit your narrative. I'd be more concerned if any Laca fan didn't think he needs to be dropped.

It's as if you think opinions about a players can't change. Also, those two statement are very selective to suit your narrative. I'd be more concerned if any Laca fan didn't think he needs to be dropped.

Funny-Dog-Cat-Costumes-High-School-Uniform-Cosplay-Suit-Pet-Apparel-Halloween-Christmas-Clothes-For-Puppy.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Really don't think Laca is suffering a Laca confidence (badum tsh).

But seriously, you can tell by how he struts around that it isn't confidence, he just isn't a top striker and will have bad games more often than we'd like due to his general level not being at the required level. That said, I think it would be a bad idea to clear him and Auba out in the summer without an upgrade or a change in system to accommodate new players or a new approach with existing players.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
NINTCHDBPICT000500746399.jpg

What is causing this downturn in form??
Poor defense - Nien
Poor Midfield - Nien
Funda Gedik - Ja Ja

The timeline matches!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think that prior to this stretch of awful form since his injury earlier in the season, he was unfairly maligned but at the moment there's really no defending him. We'd probably be 6-8 points higher in the table if he had shown anything whatsoever since Arteta took over. That's a huge issue. I just don't see how we can continue to play him in this form. It's not like he's Firmino where he's linking everything and goals are a bonus. He just doesn't do anything well enough to justify being in the team if he's not scoring and it seems like the benefit of he and Auba playing together has dried up now as well.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It depends how you're measuring worst signing. It looks like you are including transfer fee. Which means you're probably going to get a new 'worst signing' every 5-10 seasons with the inflating market lol. We could recoup most (or over half) of the Laca fee right?

Even though I still have faith in Pepe, he has done much less here than Laca has. He is at risk of being a massive flop as you say. But yeh Mustafi right now has to be the worst. We paid £35m for this idiot and the fan base are practically begging the guy to leave. He has cost us countless games over the last couple seasons.

Plot twist, Mustafi has had more good games for Arsenal than Lacazette.

zilfy

Lacazette liked this :lol::lol::lol:

[/QUOTE
Laca and Bellerin changing the world with their prominent roles in social movements. Bellerin with climate change and now Laca with his fat acceptance stance.

Go Laca! fat people can do anything!!!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How long does he have on his deal? Is it 18months in the summer?

I'm not buying it that no one would offer us £35m+ for him if he has over a year.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Have you guys noticed he may be carrying an injury? He's been absolutely dreadful recently but surely even the biggest Lacazette critics can see that he is a different man this season. He's playing like he did under Wenger, where he was carrying that back injury.

You can question Laca's ability to score consistently and his pace all you want, but he was always capable of creating something out of nothing in the penalty area. His best assets are drive, intensity and power in the penalty area. Its how he scores his goals rather than just being clever about where he positions himself (like Auba).

I feel like something is holding him back recently. He went into the season unfit, and then got injured. Now he's just poor. A lot of his game relies on him being able to shield the ball, use his powerful but small frame to fashion openings on goal. If you're not fully fit this is greatly effected.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Have you guys noticed he may be carrying an injury? He's been absolutely dreadful recently but surely even the biggest Lacazette critics can see that he is a different man this season. He's playing like he did under Wenger, where he was carrying that back injury.

You can question Laca's ability to score consistently and his pace all you want, but he was always capable of creating something out of nothing in the penalty area. His best assets are drive, intensity and power in the penalty area. Its how he scores his goals rather than just being clever about where he positions himself (like Auba).

I feel like something is holding him back recently. He went into the season unfit, and then got injured. Now he's just poor. A lot of his game relies on him being able to shield the ball, use his powerful but small frame to fashion openings on goal. If you're not fully fit this is greatly effected.
He did started well this season but he was dire since he came back from injury. I think I'm his last fan here and even I will often write he is crap these days. We can't know what's the reason but maybe it is a physical issue

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ahh! The injury excuse. I was wondering when people would start with that again!
Something does seem off though, no denying that.

He’s had two decent seasons and you can’t say they were both flukes. That is his level but he is currently performing a long way below it and fan or not, you have to admit he’s not the championship level striker he looks like these days.

Probably just bad form but if we found out in the future that he had been injured I wouldn’t be surprised. Remember when Hazard had that horrible season and Chelsea finished 10th then it turned out he had been injured the whole year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom