• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...what a great day this was...footballers like Sanchez, Cazorla, Ramsey and Mesut, playing football the way Arsène wants...perfect!

Also...

Tim-Sherwood-589115.jpg

361162-476344-hookitintomyveinsgif-noscale.jpg

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I hate to go on and that, but his last assist in an away fixture was Jan 30th 2018... just over two years ago... and just 24 hours before he signed his fat new deal.
Think that stat just says it all. Just for "fun" I checked his stats for 2019/20 season so far: 0 goals, 1 assist, 2 shots on target, 7 shots, 1 Aerial battles won. Just pathetic to say the least. That is what 350k / week buys you.

Das muss man sich auf der Zunge zergehen lassen...

Godwin1

Very well-known
haha

The funniest comment I read yesterday in this. thread was "Özil is in the team to facilitate Saka"

:lol:

The excuses are getting very creative.

It used to be annoying, but now it's just funny.

It's my favourite thread. By far the most entertaining thread, even more than mustafi's
This is easily one of the funniest things I've read in the Özil thread. And it was coming off the back of his resurgence where posters were pointing out they never doubted him and he's still the best number 10 in the world. It's the thread that keeps on giving.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My favourite thread this. Back to back posts from the usual suspects clearly frothing at their mouths while posting here.

The rage and anger jumps at you ffs, weird but a little entertaining at this point.

I like to check in and have a giggle.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
My favourite thread this. Back to back posts from the usual suspects clearly frothing at their mouths while posting here.

The rage and anger jumps at you ffs, weird but a little entertaining at this point.

I like to check in and have a giggle.
I swear somebody else posted something similar yesterday... Özil fluffers, always second to the punch :trophy:

GDeep™

League is very weak
There’s something suspiciously grubby about it tbh.
Tell us more? Think Lacazette has been heavily backed up until just recent weeks.

Would also say his criticism is in line with what Giroud went through. Though Giroud was much cheaper and part of a much more successful era than Laca.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Would also say his criticism is in line with what Giroud went through. Though Giroud was much cheaper and part of a much more successful era than Laca.
Giroud had a prime Özil, Cazorla, Alexis and Ramsey feeding him every week. Lacazette doesn't get anywhere near that level of service.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Giroud had a prime Özil, Cazorla, Alexis and Ramsey feeding him every week. Lacazette doesn't get anywhere near that level of service.
Of course but you can argue he was signed cheap, had no credible striker to rotate with unlike Laca, and still contributed to top 4 finishes and CL football. He played his role and gave you a bang for your buck considering the outlay.

Ultimately my point is that when you’re a striker for Arsenal and you’re not brilliant you’re getting killed, it’s just started happening to Laca and it happened for years to Giroud. There are parallels to the criticism Laca is receiving.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Of course but you can argue he was signed cheap, had no credible striker to rotate with unlike Laca, and still contributed to top 4 finishes and CL football. He played his role and gave you a bang for your buck considering the outlay.

Ultimately my point is that when you’re a striker for Arsenal and you’re not brilliant you’re getting killed, it’s just started happening to Laca and it happened for years to Giroud. There are parallels to the criticism Laca is receiving.
Lacazette is playing poorly in a largely disfunctional team, Giroud was the obvious weak link in the best team Wenger had in about 8 years.

Lacazette absolutely needs to be sold in the summer but lets not pretend like he's had the ideal conditions to succeed here.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

You can't deny the fact that Giroud was part of one of our best post invisible team. Not that I'm excusing Laca. He alongside Özil needs to be binned in the summer. Not gonna happen though. They'll probably walk away for free in 2021

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
For the last 197 days a guy has posted this picture on twitter asking Özil to follow him back. He made the artwork himself. Never misses a day. No luck so far :(

Please bear this in mind when you post here.

EAQRECKVUAAyOfA

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The fact that his last away assist came just before he got his big contract says it all. He has lost his hunger for the game. Emery tried to light a fire under him. Özil fan boys were like "he needs a coach to put his arm around him and trusts him"

Now Arteta is now using the carrot approach and the Özil fans boys are still wheeling out endless excuses. Instead of facing the issue, they're busy pointing their fingers at another bum lacazette.

I've never known an arsenal player before that is/was as impervious to criticism as Özil. The fact that a large portion of our fanbase will go out of their way to make excuses for our highest earner who does Fu*ck all says it all really

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yet Auba scores 30 goals a season? Once we start talking “ideal conditions” then it’s a circular debate.
Auba is a different ball game entirely imo, Laca doesn't have any outstanding physical attributes so it'll be harder for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom