• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Let's finish in the top half and win the EL. I think we go in to pot 1 of the CL if we do. That might be enough to keep any want away players and attract decent ones. I want to see results that match the work on the training ground.

Brett

We are not winning EL ffs.
And would be nice to have only league matches like Chelsea under Conte.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

We are not winning EL ffs.
And would be nice to have only league matches like Chelsea under Conte.

Honestly think the Europa league is poverty this year, Inter aside who probably don't even care about it with the title race it's one of the worst it's been.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ajax and Wolves will be very dangerous too.
I geniunely see us losing vs Wolves over two legs. Since they've come up we've drawn twice at the Emirates and lost 3-0 at the Molineux. I feel like they're exactly the type of team that we cant deal with. Maybe it would be different on the European stage though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
How many points should it take to stay up this season? 42 was normally the benchmark but didn't someone go down with 43?

At the moment we are on 31 points with 13 to play, seven points clear of the relegation places. But we've been tootling along (despite the Arteta bounce) at a point per game on average for nearly three months now. So at the moment we're on course for 44 points. Too close for comfort.

I am hoping we'll turn performances into results at some point, just a couple of wins on the trot and all this is a bad dream. But our last performance gave me the heebie-jeebies because it was the worst under Arteta. Hopefully a blip and not the end of the bounce.

roz

Fake News Merchant
How many points should it take to stay up this season? 42 was normally the benchmark but didn't someone go down with 43?

At the moment we are on 31 points with 13 to play, seven points clear of the relegation places. But we've been tootling along (despite the Arteta bounce) at a point per game on average for nearly three months now. So at the moment we're on course for 44 points. Too close for comfort.

I am hoping we'll turn performances into results at some point, just a couple of wins on the trot and all this is a bad dream. But our last performance gave me the heebie-jeebies because it was the worst under Arteta. Hopefully a blip and not the end of the bounce.
You’re not joking are you? :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I geniunely see us losing vs Wolves over two legs. Since they've come up we've drawn twice at the Emirates and lost 3-0 at the Molineux. I feel like they're exactly the type of team that we cant deal with. Maybe it would be different on the European stage though.

I genuinely feel they have a better starting 11 than us now, they have gotten so good so quickly, while we have had quite the fall these last few years.

When they played United last weekend, everyone was talking about Bruno's debut for United...I am watching the match thinking he is only the third best Portuguese midfielder on the pitch, behind Neves and Moutinho.

Before they got promoted recently, I think the last time they were in the top flight was 2011-2012...not sure who even played midfield for them then, but zero were getting in our midfield at the time ahead of Ramsey/Diaby/Wilshere/Rosicky/Song/Arteta.

Now probably all their midfield gets in our team and Man United's team, football can change quite quickly :lol:

mpower2540

I genuinely feel they have a better starting 11 than us now, they have gotten so good so quickly, while we have had quite the fall these last few years.

When they played United last weekend, everyone was talking about Bruno's debut for United...I am watching the match thinking he is only the third best Portuguese midfielder on the pitch, behind Neves and Moutinho.

Before they got promoted recently, I think the last time they were in the top flight was 2011-2012...not sure who even played midfield for them then, but zero were getting in our midfield at the time ahead of Ramsey/Diaby/Wilshere/Rosicky/Song/Arteta.

Now probably all their midfield gets in our team and Man United's team, football can change quite quickly :lol:
Shows how shocking our recruitment strategy has been doesn’t it! Along with Utd’s. I’m not even convinced we’re gonna even get past Olympiakos to make playing Wolves a possibility. I don’t even rate Wolves that highly either!!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We’ve got a decent run of games so probably we’ll win a few six pointers against the teams around us at home and get clear before we play the big boys like Wolves and Leicester.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
AM during Wenger: Top 4 finishes, CL ko stages, FA Cups - “Meh”.

AM post Wenger: “How many points to survive relegation”.

You hate to see it.

What will be your view on Nuno, if he gets Wolves Champions League?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
They were just another rubbish relegation team back then :lol: how times change.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What will be your view on Nuno, if he gets Wolves Champions League?
Similar to now - Nuno is a good young manager. After struggles elsewhere, things seem to have clicked for him at Wolves.

He’s not getting CL though, the other Portuguese guy might.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Ffs we’re not getting relegated, we’ve had 1 bad performance since Mikel took over and we only drew that particular game. The ship has steadied and Burnley away was always going to be tough this season.

Personally I still have a glimmer of hope that we’ll go on a run and pick up a fair few points between now and the end of the season. eventually as the team starts to gel all those draws will hopefully start turning into wins.

id be far more worried about the ref/VAR agenda against us

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This is the table since Arteta was appointed, when our performances have improved:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-05-at-12.16.18.png

On the surface 11th is enough not to worry about relegation but there's only 2 points between us and Norwich in 18th. Far too close for comfort.

I do believe we'll go on some sort of run, win two or three games and this whole discussion is academic.

But they haven't been won yet and I was certainly expecting we'd have picked up more points. So it's far too early to say we will not be drawn into a relegation battle. Our results against the bottom placed teams haven't been great and I would personally be terrified if we ended up having to beat one of these physically committed teams to stay up when they're also in the mix.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom