• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The maximum amount of points we can finish on now is 70. Baring in mind we still have to play Liverpool at home, go to City and play Mourinho's Sp**s away. I don't really expect us to win any of those games, to me it's starting to seem like hitting 60 points would be an achievement and even that seems like a bit of stretch. We still have to play Wolves away and Southampton away baring in mind they've come into some good form in recent times so that won't be easy. Every other fixture looks winnable but I thought Palace, Sheffield at home and Burnley were games that we should be winning.

Basically at some point we'll probably just have to start rotating for league games and go all in on the EL assuming we beat Olympiacos. We'll probably prioritise the FA Cup too if/when we get past Portsmouth. Because by the time March we'll have nothing to fight for in the league (well assuming we'll have actually gotten to 40 points as that should be our primary concern over the coming weeks) it makes sense to go all in for the EL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The maximum amount of points we can finish on now is 70. Baring in mind we still have to play Liverpool at home, go to City and play Mourinho's Sp**s away. I don't really expect us to win any of those games, to me it's starting to seem like hitting 60 points would be an achievement and even that seems like a bit of stretch. We still have to play Wolves away and Southampton away baring in mind they've come into some good form in recent times so that won't be easy. Every other fixture looks winnable but I thought Palace, Sheffield at home and Burnley were games that we should be winning.

Basically at some point we'll probably just have to start rotating for league games and go all in on the EL assuming we beat Olympiacos. We'll probably prioritise the FA Cup too if/when we get past Portsmouth. Because by the time March we'll have nothing to fight for in the league (well assuming we'll have actually gotten to 40 points as that should be our primary concern over the coming weeks) it makes sense to go all in for the EL.

I agree, EL is our only hope of CL or even EL next season. I was optimistic before the Burnley game and felt a win would start us on a run. Arteta made errors with selection and subs and we were lucky to get a draw. My optimism for a possible top 4 went out of the window at that point. If he doesn't get it right for Olympiacos we'll be out of EL too.

andeoch1

What would make this season the most unforgettable ? Beating Liverpool at home to break their unbeaten season. Oh sweet Jesus , if there is an Arsenal football God , let it happen

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
What would make this season the most unforgettable ? Beating Liverpool at home to break their unbeaten season. Oh sweet Jesus , if there is an Arsenal football God , let it happen
Don't say that! You'll upset all the proto-Liverpool fans on the site.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
This thread should be locked - poverty.

There's a serious threat of us getting dragged into a battle, especially if the worst was to happen in our next few games. Realistically there's three worse teams than us already at the bottom, so that's the one saving grace at the moment.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
20 points in the last 19 games. 40 points gets you relegated many seasons.

Of course if we want to bury our heads in the sand and not see the potential danger that's fine. Let's talk about unicorns and fluffy clouds and cheer Klopp and Liverpool.

zilfy

We're not getting relegated, enough of this tomfoolery!

Let's talk about real things- will we make Europa league and does it matter? (It does)

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Bournemouth ahead at Sheffield Utd. Are we all agreed that Bournemouth are in a relegation dogfight?

Because if they hold the result they are two points behind us. Except we're still wondering whether we can qualify for the Champions League.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Bournemouth ahead at Sheffield Utd. Are we all agreed that Bournemouth are in a relegation dogfight?

Because if they hold the result they are two points behind us. Except we're still wondering whether we can qualify for the Champions League.

Bournemouth now losing which is a good result for us

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Minimum of 7 points needed from our run of three home games with a couple of tough away trips to the south coast to follow. Back to home against Norwich which needs to be 3 points. So 10 points from our next 6 will put us in a more comfortable position. Any extra points from the away games will be a bonus.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're 7 points above the relegation zone. We can't go down surely?

Not sure the point of this thread.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

So this just happened...

What happens now, will another team get their place if they finish in the top four?

Think the only fair way to decide who takes their place, is alphabetical order...proper alphabetical order too, none of this AFC Bournemouth *****-sense!

Top Bottom